Facebook Photo Posts with Privacy Settings stuck at 'only me'

LuMiaSPY

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
When I do this:
go to Photos >> camera roll, choose a photo >> share... >> Facebook, the photo that I shared is always set with privacy setting of 'Only me'
I have already change the app settings >> Old version of Facebook for Mobile, under the privacy settings within Facebook to friends, but the above still happen.
Anyone... please help.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me as well. I use it fairly rarely so I havnt really cared much about it and just change them manually afterwards, but sure is still annoying.

LuMiaSPY

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks shpepin...i saw your post with the following suggested solution...but this doesnt work for me, i have already made sure that settings in Me tile is set to 'Friends'.

*Go to your "Me" tile and hit "Post an Update"
Change the "Share on Facebook With" settings if it is currently set to "Me Only" *

Anyone please kindly help...

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
LuMiaSPY: try logging to FB from ur computer, and change the settings there to Public, then on the Me Tile select use FB settings. Hope this will work 4 u.

LuMiaSPY

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply... but it doesn't work.

if i were to do the following:

ME title >> post an update >> Share on Facebook with 'Use my Facebook settings' >> the status post will be viewable by 'Only me'.

However, if I were to do the following:

ME title >> post an update >> Share on Facebook with 'Friends' >> the status post will be viewable by 'Friends'.

Not sure whats wrong here.

I have made sure that my settings in Facebook for ' Old versions of Facebook for mobile ' is set to public...

I am not complaining about posting status in Facebook BUT posting of Photo to Facebook, which is THE BIG problem for me.

Photo will be always be viewable by 'Only me' if I were to do the following:

Photos >> select a photo >> share... >> Facebook.

I am giving up...someone please help...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you check your own facebook settings (facebook - privacy setting - privacy - who can see my stuff ... and, timeline and tagging - who can see things on my timeline)

LuMiaSPY

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks Jaripi for reply... i am very sure none of the settings were 'Only me' for what you have mentioned.

hmmm....i guess the sharing to facebook experience was much better and easy with andriod(?)

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

It used to be easier to get to these settings...

But here, do this:

- Go to your profile (not your news feed).
- Click Activity Log.
- On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
- Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
- Choose your desired default setting.
- Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.

LuMiaSPY

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
prjkthack thanks for this one. It works very well.
the 'Use my Facebook settings' works on Me tile and posting of photo works too.

Tina Kragelund

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
have you done "something" with the phone, or just in the computer settings? i have same problem, have done what is suggested, but mine nokia 920
still "only me" in photo, check in and other status.....:angry:

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem a while ago. It happened after I had installed 'Draw Something' I logged in via my Facebook account, and chose 'only me' cause I didn't want to bother other people with constant game updates. God knows there are plenty of those. But this also affected everything else I posted from my phone... I guess I must have removed it since. Works now.

Brad Miller2

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

It used to be easier to get to these settings...

But here, do this:

- Go to your profile (not your news feed).
- Click Activity Log.
- On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
- Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
- Choose your desired default setting.
- Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.

Amen, praised Jesus - that WORKED!! Thank you!!!!!

prothor

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue :-( But the post above from "prjkthack" solved it!
Although it was my Facebook for Windows Phone that were set for "me only" (and not Windows Phone).
But it's the same solution.

erickacevedor

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!, it works nice; i have already check that page, but i dont see the Windows Phone logo at the first time so i dismiss... Thanks!

Fer Bigotti

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I can post onto Facebook, if it's something that comes straight from my Lumia. But if I try to share a pic that somebody else has posted I Can?t, It gives me a message like "You can't share this. Check the privacy settings". But it's something I CAN do on my laptop and used to do with my Galaxy II. Is there any way to do it with the Lumia 920? Thanks a zillion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786