Creating music playlist from Lumia 920

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a few songs i like to make a playlist with but i cant figure out how to make a playlist from the phone.
Can anyone please assist

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You have to plug it in your computer to manage your files (music, ringtones, pictures). Which defeats the purpose of having a "smart" phone. I just bought a Nexus. So long Lumia.

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
To make a playlist on your phone, play the song you desire to add, and choose save as playlist option from the bottom swipe up menu. Repeat this as many times as you want with different songs. However remember that its impossible to reorder the songs once you save the playlist.

williog

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You can also create the playlist on your phone. You go to the individual songs long press and add to the playlist. Though its more easier done on the computer.

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You can also create the playlist on your phone. You go to the individual songs long press and add to the playlist. Though its more easier done on the computer.
Thanks williog I almost forgot that. I too would recommend you to create playlist using Zune or the WP8 sync tool and then synchronise it to your device

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Not totally with the phone. Make a one song playlist on the phone and add to it using windows explorer.
Play a single song you want on the playlist, not an album, tap the song name below the album art,
new window with the song name, tap save icon below, name your playlist.

After you have created a playlist you can do more with it using Windows Explorer.
Connect the phone via USB to the PC.
With windows explorer open the music, playlist folder.
Right click the playlist file, the one you just named, select properties, resources tab, in Win7.
It has a similar name in Win8, could be a hidden file.
Using the the resources tab window you can drag and drop titles that are on the phone to add to the list,
arrange the playing order and delete titles

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
because of playlists? Haha!!! That made my night! Haha

I'm assuming media management is an important aspect for carrying a device for this person, as it seems to be for many who have issues with WP media functions. For the life of me I cannot fathom what someone at MS was thinking when coming up with making a playlist so unnecessarily convoluted.

Last edited:

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming media management is an important aspect for carrying a device for this person, as it seems to be for many who have issues with WP media functions. For the life of me I cannot fathom what someone at MS was thinking when coming up with making a playlist so unnecessarily convoluted.
playlists are important to me too, but I'm nit threatening to leave the platform because of it. I actually prefer to do that sort of thing on the computer and then have it sync over.
I just really find it annoying that people feel the need to announce that they're leaving.

hegalong

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, im a little bit frustrated with regards to adding a song in the playlist! If you have 100 songs, u need to do it one by one ! Is it really hard to make a program to select all the songs that u want and then save it instantly?

Sennheiser

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
1. Connect ur Lumia 920
2. Open Windows Media Player
3. Click Sync on the top options
4. Click "Create Playlist" on the left pane
5. Add playlist musics on the right pane
6. Right click on your device listed on the left pane & click "Set Up Sync"
7. Check "Sync this device automatically"
8. Click Finish & WMP will start syncing your playlist

thomson tsui

May 25, 2013
Visit site
HIIIII there!

To create a playlist in your lumia 920 is actually really simple!

I have a Nokia 920 running Windows 8 and using a laptop with Windows 7. First thing you will need to do is connect the device to your PC.

Open Windows Explorer and make your way to the phones directory where you store your music then locate one song and right click on it. Once you right click you will be presented with an option to ?create playlist?.

After creating the playlist it will save itself in the current directory where the file was that you created it with. Locate the playlist file, which should read ?New Playlist.pla?, then rename it to what you want to call it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to rename this file, the same name, about 3 times for it to accept it. It will not show the name change in window explorer but on the phones interface.

Next right click on the playlist file and go to it?s properties. See below.

Now here is where the real magic happens. In properties you will see three tabs at the top, go to the ?Reference? tab.

The Reference tab is where you will be able to add(drag) files into your playlist. You will also see the red ?X? at the bottom, this button will let you delete files from the playlist. After you drag the files you want into the playlist just click ?OK? and you will have successfully created a playlist on your phone.

BAAAMMM!!! Here you go nice and easy! Enjoy!

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
HIIIII there!

I have a Nokia 920 running Windows 8 and using a laptop with Windows 7. First thing you will need to do is connect the device to your PC.

Open Windows Explorer and make your way to the phones directory where you store your music then locate one song and right click on it. Once you right click you will be presented with an option to “create playlist”.

After creating the playlist it will save itself in the current directory where the file was that you created it with. Locate the playlist file, which should read “New Playlist.pla”, then rename it to what you want to call it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to rename this file, the same name, about 3 times for it to accept it. It will not show the name change in window explorer but on the phones interface.

Next right click on the playlist file and go to it’s properties. See below.

Now here is where the real magic happens. In properties you will see three tabs at the top, go to the “Reference” tab.

The Reference tab is where you will be able to add(drag) files into your playlist. You will also see the red “X” at the bottom, this button will let you delete files from the playlist. After you drag the files you want into the playlist just click “OK” and you will have successfully created a playlist on your phone.

Are you friggin kidding me????

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
HIIIII there!

Open Windows Explorer and make your way to the phones directory where you store your music then locate one song and right click on it. Once you right click you will be presented with an option to “create playlist”.

After creating the playlist it will save itself in the current directory where the file was that you created it with. Locate the playlist file, which should read “New Playlist.pla”, then rename it to what you want to call it.

Next right click on the playlist file and go to it’s properties. See below.

Now here is where the real magic happens. In properties you will see three tabs at the top, go to the “Reference” tab.

The Reference tab is where you will be able to add(drag) files into your playlist. You will also see the red “X” at the bottom, this button will let you delete files from the playlist. After you drag the files you want into the playlist just click “OK” and you will have successfully created a playlist on your phone.

thanx man after all that searching finally a working solution.
I would rather go with wmp 12 but it keeps givin error corrupted Library n wont create playlists so until I fix that this is wat im stayin with

Yannis La

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I AM HERE FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!
Sorry for the caps but, REALLY, i could express my thoughts, about this way of placing ORGANISED music FOLDERS on your phone, in THE WORST OF WAYS!
BUT, because i want this post to be alive an kickin, I WONT!

After 30+ minutes of trying to figure it out (nothing that ALL the rest, said above, helped me) I FOUND HOW TO ADD PLAYLISTS FROM THE PC!!!!! YESSSSSS
I have the lumia 925 but i guess that works for some of the rest. (do exactly those steps nothing more, nothing less)

1. plug the phone in the pc
2. open windows media player
3. go to "Sync" tab (this is NEXT to Play and Burn) and on the RIGHT side put the tunes you want for a playlist
4. on the LEFT side, high up (not on the windows phones' section), choose "create a playlist" and name it
5. NOW, select all those tunes FROM THE RIGHT side, and DRAG them on THAT playlist on the LEFT side
6. click "start sync" on the RIGHT side
Let it sync and... NOW, THE FRIGGIN MAGIC!!!

7. on the LEFT side, click and drag the playlist, again TO THE LEFT but down to the "windows phone" section and drop it ON THAT THING!! (if you go under that it wont let you drop it)
8. press "start sync" AGAIN FROM THE RIGHT side (it will take 2 seconds) AND YOU RE DONE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SUPER IMPORTANT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THE MUSIC APP MUST NOT BE ON THE PLAYLISTS PREVIEW TO ACTUALLY SEE IT ON THE PHONE. SO JUST KEEP IT CLOSED AND THEN WHEN YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE STEPS OPEN IT AND WATCH THOSE PLAYLISTS HANGING AROUND ON YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!! KABOOM BABY

that felt good

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans