Report: Nokia halts 1308 update for AT&T Lumia 920, acknowledge connectivity problems

mxyztplk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The following was reported on windowsphonefanatics.com by Mike Macias.

"Today I was informed by Nokia Care via email and on Twitter that they are aware of the connectivity problems with the latest Nokia Lumia 920 firmware update (1308) and a fix is on the way.

Quote:

“We have received some consumer feedback related to the Nokia Lumia 920 firmware update and have temporarily paused delivery of the update to investigate. We’ll have more information as it becomes available. For those who have already updated their software, a new update will be available in the near future. ”

Also tweeted to me by @NokiaCareUS…

@mikemacias We’re aware & update has been temporarily paused. New update will be available in the near future. We’ll keep you posted. ^RS
— Nokia Care US (@NokiaCareUS) April 4, 2013

..."

Nokia acknowledges Lumia 920 connectivity problems and halts 1308 firmware for AT&T

https://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/319867716469137409

Last edited:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed today my 920 has the connectivity issue. Didn't seem to be anything more than a slight annoyance though.

SCollinsworth

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed today my 920 has the connectivity issue. Didn't seem to be anything more than a slight annoyance though.

For anyone that isn't in an area that is solidly LTE or solidly not LTE it doesn't appear to be much of an issue. If however you are in an area with a weaker LTE signal that seems to be when the problem arises. Prior to 1308 a weak LTE signal was sufficient, or it would switch the 4G easily. Now the weaker signal doesn't seems to work at all and it can't seem to choose to go with the more solid 4G signal resulting in no connectivity at all most of the time.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well this explains why my connection over LTE has been so wonky lately. I haven't even connected those dots I figured it was a tower issue but apparently it wasn't. I guess that is also why my battery performance has tanked from lasting me a whole day to barely making it through 6-7 hours without charging at work.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
They'll jump on this quickly if I know Nokia...im guessing an update will be out by Saturday night at the latest. They're not your typical crap company.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Oliver Smiles

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I just so happened to go to AT&T Device Support to get a replacement phone yesterday. I was so upset that it wouldn't download the latest firmware update. Now I know why.

(But I still flashed the update through Nokia Care Suite.)

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Haha! I was also at AT&T device support the other day to get an exchange. I did check for updates while there and it said that my phone is up to date. However, I can tell that the 1308 was not installed when the phone storage utility was missing. Then I saw the article posted that 1308 was pulled. Phew! I was going to search for a way to flash it on being so anal. Thank you for the article WPcentral!!!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Seems all the problems with the 1308 update is U.S. based.

Been rocking the 1308 update here in the UK for a month or so, works like a dream.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For anyone that isn't in an area that is solidly LTE or solidly not LTE it doesn't appear to be much of an issue. If however you are in an area with a weaker LTE signal that seems to be when the problem arises. Prior to 1308 a weak LTE signal was sufficient, or it would switch the 4G easily. Now the weaker signal doesn't seems to work at all and it can't seem to choose to go with the more solid 4G signal resulting in no connectivity at all most of the time.

in the case of my device, it didn't matter. it couldn't establish any data session whether in an LTE area or HSPA area.

Jimmy Cooper

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The update caused connection problems and lag for me. To fix this I tried a reset which bricked my phone. I now have to wait a week for it to get repaired from the store :L

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The update caused connection problems and lag for me. To fix this I tried a reset which bricked my phone. I now have to wait a week for it to get repaired from the store :L

Use the instructions on sticky for Lumia 920 forums and your phone will be alive in less than an hour!

Barry Meskin

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Fix it PLEASE.................yes plenty connectivity issues and besides I am still waiting for the update to 7.8, they said released in January, it is now nearly May.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Fix it PLEASE.................yes plenty connectivity issues and besides I am still waiting for the update to 7.8, they said released in January, it is now nearly May.

Ummm, I'm confused. If you are waiting for 7.8 that means you are on WP7. 1308 is for WP8 and would not apply. Secondly, 1308 was fixed on AT&T -- they released 1314.

Barry Meskin

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Ali you are correct. My apologies. I have a 900 and still waiting for the 7.8 upgrade. Nokia says it was available January and AT&T still cannot do anything for me. They say just wait. What a bunch of BS since the salesperson promised me that the upgrade would be available soon and that I should definately buy the 900. BUYER BEWARE I guess, I am the *****. I guess I have to wait for my contract before I can get the 920. I may just move to Sprint and get an iPhone. I still also cannot believe that I am unable to sync Outlook 2010 with Google or the phone istself. Not sure if Nokia or Microsoft or AT&T are up to BS, or all 3 contribute.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ali you are correct. My apologies. I have a 900 and still waiting for the 7.8 upgrade. Nokia says it was available January and AT&T still cannot do anything for me. They say just wait. What a bunch of BS since the salesperson promised me that the upgrade would be available soon and that I should definately buy the 900. BUYER BEWARE I guess, I am the *****. I guess I have to wait for my contract before I can get the 920. I may just move to Sprint and get an iPhone. I still also cannot believe that I am unable to sync Outlook 2010 with Google or the phone istself. Not sure if Nokia or Microsoft or AT&T are up to BS, or all 3 contribute.

This should be a lesson learned, never listn to a sale person for att, verizon, tmobile or whoever, you will get screwed. If they know more than you about phones, it isn't by much, you would catch up to their knowledge of phones by doing your own reading in about 30 minutes.

I got to learn a lot about cell phones when my company switched to ATT so i had to understand the OS, features, data, texting, billing, configuration with IT all that. I think i know much of the general things. Going back to what ATT reps use to tell me as a customer and what i know now, makes me feel stupid for even listening to them.

THey will screw you, they will promise you things like wwaived fees and updates and dont worry, your phone is good. All full of ****, i get confirmation within confirmation if they ever promise anythign so when they come and say they didnt, i got it in writing and the persons name.

I bought five lumia 920s for my family under my plan, they promised to waive all upgrade fees and i didnt. I had it in writing and i had the name of the person who said it would be waived, they waived it.

simply, due your own due diligence, use a sales person to ring you up when you make your decision based on your knowledge. You wont regret it.

Barry Meskin

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
DKP.......you are exactly right that sales people will say anything just to make the sale. anyhow I see you have many 920's and I am especially interested if I should try get an early upgrade (great advice to ask for a waiver) or just change to the iPhone. Is there truly a big difference between the 900 and 920?

Peace from San Francisco

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
DKP.......you are exactly right that sales people will say anything just to make the sale. anyhow I see you have many 920's and I am especially interested if I should try get an early upgrade (great advice to ask for a waiver) or just change to the iPhone. Is there truly a big difference between the 900 and 920?

Peace from San Francisco
I had 900 and 920 . To me the difference is essentially the camera. It is night and day since I thought the 900 camera is horrid. All the other additional features aren't game,changers to me. Wp8 should of been a lot more.

As far as going iPhone or wp8, do your research and find out what fits u best. If wp8 doesn't add some new features and get basic stuff on the os, I may go,back to iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99