Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

08-17-2013 06:13 AM
104 1234 ...
tools
    Hey!!
    I'm also thinking of buying this phone.
    But from inside i'm little nervous about it.
    I don't want to regret after purchasing this phone.

@ AlexanderPD

do you consider Sony Xperia L? or any other Android phone.
    If i choose Windows phone then which lumia 820 or lumia 720?
    i don't really like android so i'm not the best person to ask what is better sorry :(
    but if you need to choose from 720 and 820 i can give an opinion :D
    the great advances of 820 are:
    - removable cover
    - removable battery
    - 1gb ram
    - 1.5ghz processor
    and the 720's advances are:
    - better battery
    - lightest
    - gorilla glass 2 (820 have a great glass but not gorilla glass)
    - more cheap
    - better night shots
    - little more slim

you need to consider if you really need a greater processor on your phone, is it really needed? 720 still can play heavy games, can do all the thing an 820 do but with longer loading time. I compared the opening time of some application between 720 and 920, whatsapp get about 1 more second to load on 720. 1 second is not that much i think i can live with that :P
    i prefer the 720 over 820 because i don't need all that power (power that will become obsolete with next nokias phone and snapdragon s400 - s600) and i love the many advances of a 720, first of all camera and light weight :)
    04-05-2013 07:11 PM
    You can up some night picture? low light and test video?
    04-05-2013 08:44 PM
    Well. this is the phone for me (Y)
    04-06-2013 01:34 AM
    You can up some night picture? low light and test video?
    some more night picture? ok i'll do it :D
    low light video SUCKS like every other phone :( when i took the photos on the first post i tried a video too but it was almost all black :(
    04-06-2013 04:53 AM
    Alexander, do you miss the AMOLED screen of the 820 ?

I do agree that the 720 seems like the best model, but I just love AMOLED and deep blacks.
    04-06-2013 08:02 AM
    some more night picture? ok i'll do it :D
    low light video SUCKS like every other phone :( when i took the photos on the first post i tried a video too but it was almost all black :(
    Can you compare Lumia 720's low light picture with other smartphone suck as: samsung,iphone...?
    04-06-2013 10:10 AM
    howz music quality of this phone.
    tell us about its speaker, headset.
    and what were u telling about its earphone in ur video review. You were showing some other white earphone also.
    exactly at what price did you bought this?
    04-06-2013 04:57 PM
    720 is now available here in the Philippines!..https://www.facebook.com/#!/nokiaphilippines?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...3101381&type=1

I was about to get the Z10, thanks for the long approval period of our local carriers when applying for a plan.

I will be getting mine tomorrow if there are stock on NBC's near work. I will post back here for my hands on experience together with low light shot.
    Last edited by alllies; 04-06-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    04-06-2013 07:53 PM
    howz music quality of this phone.
    tell us about its speaker, headset.
    and what were u telling about its earphone in ur video review. You were showing some other white earphone also.
    exactly at what price did you bought this?
    the white earphones are iphone5 earphones :D they work as any normal earphone but the central button works! So you can accept and close calls.. but its totally useless because microphone doesn't work. Volume up/down button doesn't work either :(
    audio is good but on high volume (over 20 is really loud) you can hear some little imperfection, still an amazing audio for a phone! in earphone audio is great, and you have the same audio option that lumia 920 as, so equalizer and earphone enhancer :D
    in 3 words: audio is great!

@winhandt:
    i don't have any iphone5 or samsung s3 to test low light photos sorry :(

@alpha10:
    sadly i never seen the 820's AMOLED screen :( my referral point are iphone4, galaxy s3, lumia 920, and except for resolution this display is really great :)
    04-06-2013 08:53 PM
    the white earphones are iphone5 earphones :D they work as any normal earphone but the central button works! So you can accept and close calls.. but its totally useless because microphone doesn't work. Volume up/down button doesn't work either :(
    audio is good but on high volume (over 20 is really loud) you can hear some little imperfection, still an amazing audio for a phone! in earphone audio is great, and you have the same audio option that lumia 920 as, so equalizer and earphone enhancer :D
    in 3 words: audio is great!

@winhandt:
    i don't have any iphone5 or samsung s3 to test low light photos sorry :(

@alpha10:
    sadly i never seen the 820's AMOLED screen :( my referral point are iphone4, galaxy s3, lumia 920, and except for resolution this display is really great :)
    brother can u share the link of ur video review of 720 ... i tried opening it from youtube but link wasnt working
    04-06-2013 11:58 PM
    brother can u share the link of ur video review of 720 ... i tried opening it from youtube but link wasnt working
    ehmm here the link:
    sadly i speak in italian for all the review! but i just say the same things i say in this review, only a few extra:
    - iphone5's earphone central button works but microphone and volume buttons no so it's useless
    - i compared to my friend iphone4 and iphone is a little (< 1mm) more slim
    - i like nutella
    Stig likes this.
    04-07-2013 04:49 AM
    Thanks for the review!
    04-07-2013 07:01 AM
    I was hoping Nokia would offer both. There is something special about the Nokia Lumia design with a white background, especially if it was matte. Would provide a great contrast between the glossy black front and white back. Glossy is a fingerprint magnet and dust and scratches are more visible.
    Seems the 520 is matte white as well
    04-07-2013 08:26 AM
    820 costs $300 here in Sweden. The price on 720 seems really off...

How can 720 cost $350? Very strange...
    04-07-2013 10:08 AM
    Nice!..I'll get one tomorrow, hoping that there are available stocks.

Have you tried ProShot on it? Do you have the back plate...have you tested if wireless charging really works?..

ehmm here the link:
    sadly i speak in italian for all the review! but i just say the same things i say in this review, only a few extra:
    - iphone5's earphone central button works but microphone and volume buttons no so it's useless
    - i like nutella
    04-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Matt white color tend to become yellowish over the time. The dirt attracted tends to stick to body permanently and can be noticed very easily on white color. While on glossy surface, you can easily wipe it and clean. That's the advantage. In my opinion, everything in Matt is great expect lighter colors especially white.

BTW, great review! Good to hear that many issues have been fixed by Nokia update.

I would like to know about loudspeaker volume and how much is it affected when placed on flat surface. Lumia 820 and 920 are average in this department and 620 is very loud. Compare it with one of those if you have used them or any other smartphone you have used.
    Last edited by anujtwp; 04-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    04-07-2013 11:01 AM
    @OP forget to ask this earlier..Does it come with a Firmware that allows you to manage the Others storage? If yes, I'm all sold.
    04-07-2013 12:44 PM
    @alllies: by default i didn't have the app to manage the "others" storage, after the update now i can :) from 700mb to 29mb of space occupied in a few seconds! a miracle :D
    i don't have the back plate and i can't test the wireless charging :(
    i didn't know proshot! i just downloaded the trial and tested it. Looks like i can fully use it, i can change focus by slider, regulate shutter time opening, regulate iso and all the other program's function. So, yeah it works :D

@anujtwp: the phone's rear is not perfectly flat so when is placed on a flat surface you can hear perfectly :) not the same thing if placed on a *fluffy* bed, you can still hear but not perfectly like on a flat surface. Speaker is pretty loud but i still have not compared it with others! If i meet again my friend with lumia 920 i can compare the loudness between 720 and 920 :)
    alllies, anujtwp and Mafiatounes like this.
    04-07-2013 01:09 PM
    I'm completely sold. Let's pray no restart/reboot on this hardware this time.

@alllies: by default i didn't have the app to manage the "others" storage, after the update now i can :) from 700mb to 29mb of space occupied in a few seconds! a miracle :D
    i don't have the back plate and i can't test the wireless charging :(
    i didn't know proshot! i just downloaded the trial and tested it. Looks like i can fully use it, i can change focus by slider, regulate shutter time opening, regulate iso and all the other program's function. So, yeah it works :D

@anujtwp: the phone's rear is not perfectly flat so when is placed on a flat surface you can hear perfectly :) not the same thing if placed on a *fluffy* bed, you can still hear but not perfectly like on a flat surface. Speaker is pretty loud but i still have not compared it with others! If i meet again my friend with lumia 920 i can compare the loudness between 720 and 920 :)
    04-07-2013 02:24 PM
    I so want the 720 now, i was looking towards the 620 as a second device but i hope the 720's price wil be between 620 and 820, 350 euros is a bit too much i can buy a new 820 with that and but don't like it's design. I used a 920 from work and really liked it but had to change it for a Note 2.

Blasted from my Galaxy Note 2 to your screen with the use of Tapatalk 2
    04-07-2013 04:02 PM
    Thanks.

I would like if someone would do a comparison between the Lumia 920 and 720 in low light.
    Last edited by Midnight City; 04-08-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    04-08-2013 12:08 AM
    @Alexnder.... Thanks a lot for your review... We have been waiting for such a helpful review..I had decided to buy HTC 8x.. now I am gonna wait till Lumia 720 its in Indian markets
    04-08-2013 02:35 AM
    Hi,
    Got mine now, unlocked off contract. I wan't to have it on a data plan but our carriers are not promoting WP8 Lumias. As others were saying what is the point of having a smarthphone if you are not on a dataplan especialy WP, as live tiles will not update.

The device feels so light for it's size. I want it to have more weight so I will get the backplate once available.

Camera is too good for it's price. I'm at our office right now so I will play around with it's camera later, when I get home. I will post pictures taken on my device on weekend.

Are this black loading screens normal when accessing device settings? It will make you feel like its staturring.
    04-08-2013 03:21 AM
    ehmm here the link:
    - i like nutella
    Nutella!!! Oh my god never knew it was worldwide

On topic. That's a good review. I did learn Italian last year so I can understand it.

Buon lavoro!!!
    04-08-2013 04:05 AM
    Nutella!!! Oh my god never knew it was worldwide

On topic. That's a good review. I did learn Italian last year so I can understand it.

Buon lavoro!!!
    I believe Nutella is from Italy, so it's no wonder he likes it. ;) Haven't eaten it for a long time but getting the urge to get some here!

Anyways thanks a lot for the videos and the "review" pieces. There's still so little of user info about the phone.
    Midnight City likes this.
    04-08-2013 04:26 AM
104 1234 ...