Dell Technologies Cyber Savings Event - Up to 45% off

08-17-2013 06:13 AM
104 12345
tools
    Nutella!!! Oh my god never knew it was worldwide
    Nutella is from Italy

People in Europe have been eating that stuff for decades.
    So, Europe is really the Hipster who liked Nutella before it was cool with the North American college kids.
    Last edited by ramrac; 04-08-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    04-08-2013 04:30 AM
    To the OP or anyone who ownes this device can you check wich navigation is available Nokia Drive or Drive + (in the Nokia collection of Marketplace).

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
    04-08-2013 10:38 AM
    To the OP or anyone who ownes this device can you check wich navigation is available Nokia Drive or Drive + (in the Nokia collection of Marketplace).

i don't have any nokia drive app in store or in nokia collection, but i have nokia drive (non plus) pre-installed in the phone! it says i have a valid license for italy, san marino, malta, citt del vaticano, so only italy related states.

ps OT: nutella was originally by Ferrero, a used to be italian company :D so nutella was born in italy! :D
    Mafiatounes likes this.
    04-08-2013 01:38 PM
    Thanks for your reply, i was really hoping it would be a European license since i am from Belgium and travel a lot to France, The Netherlands, Germany and Italy for vacation. Bummer!
    04-08-2013 01:49 PM
    If only the 720 had 1GB of RAM, most would prefer than to the 820. But has a 5MP camera instead of 8MP, right?
    prat23 likes this.
    04-08-2013 02:19 PM
    If only the 720 had 1GB of RAM, most would prefer than to the 820. But has a 5MP camera instead of 8MP, right?
    512mb is enough for most apps and games, Asphalt 7 required 1gb initially after a update (code cleaning and optimisation) it requires 512mb.

Also the camera is a decent quality sensor with 6.7mp output, wich is comparable with many high end smartphones.

04-08-2013 02:41 PM
    i just found the first application i can't use with 512mb of ram :(
    faceswap from microsoft research!! what???? thats really crappy!
    i tried to remove this limit editing the .xap file downloaded from http://www.windowsphone.com/it-it/st...a-d8a41c77a02b but the entire file is encrypted :( if we can decrypt that we can change the 512mb limit flag in the manifest and try to use non-compatible apps!

sadly it's still impossible :(
    04-08-2013 03:13 PM
    AlexanderPD The ram limitation was bound to be encountered sooner or later.. but cheer up for i'm sure you have plenty of good things to enjoy of the phone!

Speaking of good things (hopefully) how is the supposedly long lasting battery coming along? One of the main reasons i'm going for the phone is the battery.. it means a lot after suffering with the miserable wfs for more than an year.
    04-08-2013 03:59 PM
    AlexanderPD The ram limitation was bound to be encountered sooner or later.. but cheer up for i'm sure you have plenty of good things to enjoy of the phone!

Speaking of good things (hopefully) how is the supposedly long lasting battery coming along? One of the main reasons i'm going for the phone is the battery.. it means a lot after suffering with the miserable wfs for more than an year.
    first 3 days was with normal battery duration, but i used my phone a LOT :)
    today i had not so much time to use my phone, so:
    i unplugged from charge at 8.00am, moderate use during the day, 30min call over H+ and now at 00.14 i still have 49% battery left :) it's awesome!
    04-08-2013 05:15 PM
    first 3 days was with normal battery duration, but i used my phone a LOT :)
    today i had not so much time to use my phone, so:
    i unplugged from charge at 8.00am, moderate use during the day, 30min call over H+ and now at 00.14 i still have 49% battery left :) it's awesome!
    Great to hear! on paper the battery life should indeed be awesome. Lumia 620 has done surprisingly good with the very small battery and Lumia 720 having 2000 mAh battery and same chipset as Lumia 720, it should perform great in that department.
    04-09-2013 06:51 AM
    Guys disable NFC if you want to conserve battery. For the screen issue try to disable the sensitive screen if you are not wearing gloves all the time.
    04-09-2013 08:23 AM
    My bro got 620 few days back... its pretty cool n fast.. but heated up the very next day.. then it got hanged during the call.. and then the contacts dun sync properly!
    do any of such things happen with 720?
    04-09-2013 09:45 PM
    Just noticed this yesterday, while on native music app and playing an album/music sometimes hitting back button won't responce in the first 2-5 seconds. You know your hitting back button because it vibrates.

I synched music using windows explorer with no problem, album arts are in the phone when I checked it. Note:You have to download metadata/album arts first using Zune desktop before synching your phone.
    04-09-2013 10:02 PM
    My bro got 620 few days back... its pretty cool n fast.. but heated up the very next day.. then it got hanged during the call.. and then the contacts dun sync properly!
    do any of such things happen with 720?
    Umm...they don't happen on the 620 if it's not faulty, or there's no rogue apps or services running. You may want to tell your brother to return the phone for repair. I've had a 620 for over a month now and haven't seen the problems you're describing.

As for these things happening on the 720, same deal.
    Gautam Karekar likes this.
    04-09-2013 10:12 PM
    Hmm..Mine has no problem with contact sync, don't have more that 200 contacts though.

Can't find hardware issues yet. It only heats up when connected to charger. Have not put my device on a stress test yet so I can't further provide inputs about heating issues.

Umm...they don't happen on the 620 if it's not faulty, or there's no rogue apps or services running. You may want to tell your brother to return the phone for repair. I've had a 620 for over a month now and haven't seen the problems you're describing.

As for these things happening on the 720, same deal.
    04-09-2013 10:52 PM
    My Lumia 720 takes duplicate images. When I delete one of the two duplicates, both get deleted. When I try to delete both, I get error message: "1 photo couldn't be deleted". UPDATE1: This has stopped now. UPDATE2: not stopped yet. I think this is WP8 bug.

Another problem is that my device makes low squeaking noises when vibrating. Not too loud but clearly audible when I bring the phone 6 inches close to my ear or in silent room. It seems something is loose inside. I called Nokia Care store from where I bought the device and they told me to bring the device. I hope they will replace it. UPDATE3: Yes they allowed me a replacement but it will arrive in a week. Thank you Nokia!!
    Last edited by erfanullah; 04-13-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    04-10-2013 08:37 AM
    i don't have any nokia drive app in store or in nokia collection, but i have nokia drive (non plus) pre-installed in the phone! it says i have a valid license for italy, san marino, malta, citt del vaticano, so only italy related states.

ps OT: nutella was originally by Ferrero, a used to be italian company :D so nutella was born in italy! :D
    So you only get one country with the 720, while the 620,820 and 920 have World maps. This sucks! How much do additional countries cost?

I wonder if the US will get one state or the whole country.

It would have been better for Nokia to add an area, rather than one country. Imagine living in Luxembourg or another small country. That would not be fair!

The should have giving you the West-Europe map, rather than only Italy.
    04-10-2013 03:27 PM
    So you only get one country with the 720, while the 620,820 and 920 have World maps. This sucks! How much do additional countries cost?

I wonder if the US will get one state or the whole country.

It would have been better for Nokia to add an area, rather than one country. Imagine living in Luxembourg or another small country. That would not be fair!

The should have giving you the West-Europe map, rather than only Italy.
    I have a 720 in the US. Got from mobicity.com. My Here Maps license is for USA, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. It goes by the first SIM card, when Here Drive is loaded.
    AlexanderPD likes this.
    04-10-2013 04:15 PM
    @AlexanderPD you have mentioned in this thread that you have received update on your extras+info phone settings. My others storage keeps on growing. Would you mind what is the current version of your "extras+info" (Nokia Enhancements) version, mine is 1.7.0.173.

Thanks!
    04-10-2013 10:58 PM
    @AlexanderPD you have mentioned in this thread that you have received update on your extras+info phone settings. My others storage keeps on growing. Would you mind what is the current version of your "extras+info" (Nokia Enhancements) version, mine is 1.7.0.173.

Thanks!
    i have the 1.8.1.140 right now! It would be nice to find a way to manually update system application and don't wait the self-refresh of the store :(
    alllies likes this.
    04-11-2013 05:07 AM
    Hmm...Have installed an SD card..please share also your experience or views for a good microSD card.

i have the 1.8.1.140 right now! It would be nice to find a way to manually update system application and don't wait the self-refresh of the store :(
    04-11-2013 05:18 AM
    Hmm...Have installed an SD card..please share also your experience or views for a good microSD card.
    I have 64Gb one in mine, its great.
    04-11-2013 05:54 PM
    I have 64Gb one in mine, its great.
    Do we need to insert micro sd card at first time before use or can be added later?
    Is there any function / setting where you can save photo/music/movie into micosd card only? Just wondering is there any lag to display the photo if they are saved in micro sd card?
    Thanks
    04-12-2013 01:14 AM
    Do we need to insert micro sd card at first time before use or can be added later?
    Is there any function / setting where you can save photo/music/movie into micosd card only? Just wondering is there any lag to display the photo if they are saved in micro sd card?
    Thanks
    Yes, there is an option to save new music, videos and pictures on the device to SD directly. This options are all already there. Without the SD card inserted this options are grayed out. I'll advice you to Format the SD card first using the phone right after inserting it on your phone as it will also automatically create separate file folders for each media type so you not have a problem later on.

There is a delay of about 1-2 seconds for large files. With pictures I have not noticed any delay. As to music files (since they large) i have encountered delays. When you are on the music app and try to play a music(saved in SD) for the first time there is a delay before screen goes to Now Playing screen.
    Last edited by alllies; 04-12-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    04-12-2013 02:02 AM
    Another problem is that my device makes low squeaking noises when vibrating. Not too loud but clearly audible when I bring the phone 6 inches close to my ear. I am afraid something is loose inside. I called Nokia Care store from where I bought the device and they told me to bring the device. I hope they will replace it. :(
    Hey!I don't have that feature! It is called vibration rattle? I think it is normal. How can you feel vibration if device don't have the vibration rattle assembly?
    04-12-2013 03:05 AM
104 12345