My Lumia 720 impressions

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
updated first post with more photos, a gameplay video and a miracle that nokia made :D
almost all the problem disappeared with a silent update, now the phone is almost perfect! I'm really loving it :D

@Sandeep: new photos are full res, they are sharp and you can verify it :D
edit: ok no, seems like this forum resize photos :(

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Most of Nokia's phones in the Lumia line are glossy white. Only the 808 Pureview is matte white.

I was hoping Nokia would offer both. There is something special about the Nokia Lumia design with a white background, especially if it was matte. Would provide a great contrast between the glossy black front and white back. Glossy is a fingerprint magnet and dust and scratches are more visible.

Lokesh Kalwar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey!!
I'm also thinking of buying this phone.
But from inside i'm little nervous about it.
I don't want to regret after purchasing this phone.

@ AlexanderPD

do you consider Sony Xperia L? or any other Android phone.
If i choose Windows phone then which lumia 820 or lumia 720?

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey!!
I'm also thinking of buying this phone.
But from inside i'm little nervous about it.
I don't want to regret after purchasing this phone.

@ AlexanderPD

do you consider Sony Xperia L? or any other Android phone.
If i choose Windows phone then which lumia 820 or lumia 720?

i don't really like android so i'm not the best person to ask what is better sorry :(
but if you need to choose from 720 and 820 i can give an opinion :D
the great advances of 820 are:
- removable cover
- removable battery
- 1gb ram
- 1.5ghz processor
and the 720's advances are:
- better battery
- lightest
- gorilla glass 2 (820 have a great glass but not gorilla glass)
- more cheap
- better night shots
- little more slim

you need to consider if you really need a greater processor on your phone, is it really needed? 720 still can play heavy games, can do all the thing an 820 do but with longer loading time. I compared the opening time of some application between 720 and 920, whatsapp get about 1 more second to load on 720. 1 second is not that much i think i can live with that :p
i prefer the 720 over 820 because i don't need all that power (power that will become obsolete with next nokias phone and snapdragon s400 - s600) and i love the many advances of a 720, first of all camera and light weight :)

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Alexander, do you miss the AMOLED screen of the 820 ?

I do agree that the 720 seems like the best model, but I just love AMOLED and deep blacks.

vinhandt

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
some more night picture? ok i'll do it :D
low light video SUCKS like every other phone :( when i took the photos on the first post i tried a video too but it was almost all black :(

Can you compare Lumia 720's low light picture with other smartphone suck as: samsung,iphone...?

Lokesh Kalwar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
howz music quality of this phone.
tell us about its speaker, headset.
and what were u telling about its earphone in ur video review. You were showing some other white earphone also.
exactly at what price did you bought this?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
howz music quality of this phone.
tell us about its speaker, headset.
and what were u telling about its earphone in ur video review. You were showing some other white earphone also.
exactly at what price did you bought this?

the white earphones are iphone5 earphones :D they work as any normal earphone but the central button works! So you can accept and close calls.. but its totally useless because microphone doesn't work. Volume up/down button doesn't work either :(
audio is good but on high volume (over 20 is really loud) you can hear some little imperfection, still an amazing audio for a phone! in earphone audio is great, and you have the same audio option that lumia 920 as, so equalizer and earphone enhancer :D
in 3 words: audio is great!

@winhandt:
i don't have any iphone5 or samsung s3 to test low light photos sorry :(

@alpha10:
sadly i never seen the 820's AMOLED screen :( my referral point are iphone4, galaxy s3, lumia 920, and except for resolution this display is really great :)

INDIAN720

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
the white earphones are iphone5 earphones :D they work as any normal earphone but the central button works! So you can accept and close calls.. but its totally useless because microphone doesn't work. Volume up/down button doesn't work either :(
audio is good but on high volume (over 20 is really loud) you can hear some little imperfection, still an amazing audio for a phone! in earphone audio is great, and you have the same audio option that lumia 920 as, so equalizer and earphone enhancer :D
in 3 words: audio is great!

@winhandt:
i don't have any iphone5 or samsung s3 to test low light photos sorry :(

@alpha10:
sadly i never seen the 820's AMOLED screen :( my referral point are iphone4, galaxy s3, lumia 920, and except for resolution this display is really great :)

brother can u share the link of ur video review of 720 ... i tried opening it from youtube but link wasnt working

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
brother can u share the link of ur video review of 720 ... i tried opening it from youtube but link wasnt working

ehmm here the link: Video Recensione Italiana Nokia Lumia 720 - YouTube
sadly i speak in italian for all the review! but i just say the same things i say in this review, only a few extra:
- iphone5's earphone central button works but microphone and volume buttons no so it's useless
- i compared to my friend iphone4 and iphone is a little (< 1mm) more slim
- i like nutella :winktongue:

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping Nokia would offer both. There is something special about the Nokia Lumia design with a white background, especially if it was matte. Would provide a great contrast between the glossy black front and white back. Glossy is a fingerprint magnet and dust and scratches are more visible.

Seems the 520 is matte white as well

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Nice!..I'll get one tomorrow, hoping that there are available stocks.

Have you tried ProShot on it? Do you have the back plate...have you tested if wireless charging really works?..

ehmm here the link: Video Recensione Italiana Nokia Lumia 720 - YouTube
sadly i speak in italian for all the review! but i just say the same things i say in this review, only a few extra:
- iphone5's earphone central button works but microphone and volume buttons no so it's useless
- i compared to my friend iphone4 and iphone is a little (< 1mm) more slim
- i like nutella :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs