My Lumia 720 impressions

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Matt white color tend to become yellowish over the time. The dirt attracted tends to stick to body permanently and can be noticed very easily on white color. While on glossy surface, you can easily wipe it and clean. That's the advantage. In my opinion, everything in Matt is great expect lighter colors especially white.

BTW, great review! Good to hear that many issues have been fixed by Nokia update.

I would like to know about loudspeaker volume and how much is it affected when placed on flat surface. Lumia 820 and 920 are average in this department and 620 is very loud. Compare it with one of those if you have used them or any other smartphone you have used.

Last edited:

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
@OP forget to ask this earlier..Does it come with a Firmware that allows you to manage the Others storage? If yes, I'm all sold.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
@alllies: by default i didn't have the app to manage the "others" storage, after the update now i can :) from 700mb to 29mb of space occupied in a few seconds! a miracle :D
i don't have the back plate and i can't test the wireless charging :(
i didn't know proshot! i just downloaded the trial and tested it. Looks like i can fully use it, i can change focus by slider, regulate shutter time opening, regulate iso and all the other program's function. So, yeah it works :D

@anujtwp: the phone's rear is not perfectly flat so when is placed on a flat surface you can hear perfectly :) not the same thing if placed on a *fluffy* bed, you can still hear but not perfectly like on a flat surface. Speaker is pretty loud but i still have not compared it with others! If i meet again my friend with lumia 920 i can compare the loudness between 720 and 920 :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm completely sold. Let's pray no restart/reboot on this hardware this time.

@alllies: by default i didn't have the app to manage the "others" storage, after the update now i can :) from 700mb to 29mb of space occupied in a few seconds! a miracle :D
i don't have the back plate and i can't test the wireless charging :(
i didn't know proshot! i just downloaded the trial and tested it. Looks like i can fully use it, i can change focus by slider, regulate shutter time opening, regulate iso and all the other program's function. So, yeah it works :D

@anujtwp: the phone's rear is not perfectly flat so when is placed on a flat surface you can hear perfectly :) not the same thing if placed on a *fluffy* bed, you can still hear but not perfectly like on a flat surface. Speaker is pretty loud but i still have not compared it with others! If i meet again my friend with lumia 920 i can compare the loudness between 720 and 920 :)

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I so want the 720 now, i was looking towards the 620 as a second device but i hope the 720's price wil be between 620 and 820, 350 euros is a bit too much i can buy a new 820 with that and but don't like it's design. I used a 920 from work and really liked it but had to change it for a Note 2.

Blasted from my Galaxy Note 2 to your screen with the use of Tapatalk 2

Gautam Karekar

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
@Alexnder.... Thanks a lot for your review... We have been waiting for such a helpful review..I had decided to buy HTC 8x.. now I am gonna wait till Lumia 720 its in Indian markets

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Got mine now, unlocked off contract. I wan't to have it on a data plan but our carriers are not promoting WP8 Lumias. As others were saying what is the point of having a smarthphone if you are not on a dataplan especialy WP, as live tiles will not update.

The device feels so light for it's size. I want it to have more weight so I will get the backplate once available.

Camera is too good for it's price. I'm at our office right now so I will play around with it's camera later, when I get home. I will post pictures taken on my device on weekend.

Are this black loading screens normal when accessing device settings? It will make you feel like its staturring.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
ehmm here the link: Video Recensione Italiana Nokia Lumia 720 - YouTube
sadly i speak in italian for all the review! but i just say the same things i say in this review, only a few extra:
- iphone5's earphone central button works but microphone and volume buttons no so it's useless
- i compared to my friend iphone4 and iphone is a little (< 1mm) more slim
- i like nutella :winktongue:

Nutella!!! Oh my god never knew it was worldwide

On topic. That's a good review. I did learn Italian last year so I can understand it.

Buon lavoro!!!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nutella!!! Oh my god never knew it was worldwide

On topic. That's a good review. I did learn Italian last year so I can understand it.

Buon lavoro!!!

I believe Nutella is from Italy, so it's no wonder he likes it. ;) Haven't eaten it for a long time but getting the urge to get some here!

Anyways thanks a lot for the videos and the "review" pieces. There's still so little of user info about the phone.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
To the OP or anyone who ownes this device can you check wich navigation is available Nokia Drive or Drive + (in the Nokia collection of Marketplace).

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
To the OP or anyone who ownes this device can you check wich navigation is available Nokia Drive or Drive + (in the Nokia collection of Marketplace).

i don't have any nokia drive app in store or in nokia collection, but i have nokia drive (non plus) pre-installed in the phone! it says i have a valid license for italy, san marino, malta, citt? del vaticano, so only italy related states.

ps OT: nutella was originally by Ferrero, a used to be italian company :D so nutella was born in italy! :D

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, i was really hoping it would be a European license since i am from Belgium and travel a lot to France, The Netherlands, Germany and Italy for vacation. Bummer!

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
If only the 720 had 1GB of RAM, most would prefer than to the 820. But has a 5MP camera instead of 8MP, right?

512mb is enough for most apps and games, Asphalt 7 required 1gb initially after a update (code cleaning and optimisation) it requires 512mb.

Also the camera is a decent quality sensor with 6.7mp output, wich is comparable with many high end smartphones.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i just found the first application i can't use with 512mb of ram :(
faceswap from microsoft research!! what???? thats really crappy!
i tried to remove this limit editing the .xap file downloaded from http://www.windowsphone.com/it-it/store/app/face-swap/0f55f905-77d3-4e09-8f2a-d8a41c77a02b but the entire file is encrypted :( if we can decrypt that we can change the 512mb limit flag in the manifest and try to use non-compatible apps!

sadly it's still impossible :(

prat23

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
AlexanderPD The ram limitation was bound to be encountered sooner or later.. but cheer up for i'm sure you have plenty of good things to enjoy of the phone!

Speaking of good things (hopefully) how is the supposedly long lasting battery coming along? One of the main reasons i'm going for the phone is the battery.. it means a lot after suffering with the miserable wfs for more than an year.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
AlexanderPD The ram limitation was bound to be encountered sooner or later.. but cheer up for i'm sure you have plenty of good things to enjoy of the phone!

Speaking of good things (hopefully) how is the supposedly long lasting battery coming along? One of the main reasons i'm going for the phone is the battery.. it means a lot after suffering with the miserable wfs for more than an year.

first 3 days was with normal battery duration, but i used my phone a LOT :)
today i had not so much time to use my phone, so:
i unplugged from charge at 8.00am, moderate use during the day, 30min call over H+ and now at 00.14 i still have 49% battery left :) it's awesome!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
first 3 days was with normal battery duration, but i used my phone a LOT :)
today i had not so much time to use my phone, so:
i unplugged from charge at 8.00am, moderate use during the day, 30min call over H+ and now at 00.14 i still have 49% battery left :) it's awesome!

Great to hear! on paper the battery life should indeed be awesome. Lumia 620 has done surprisingly good with the very small battery and Lumia 720 having 2000 mAh battery and same chipset as Lumia 720, it should perform great in that department.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)