My Lumia 720 impressions

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Guys disable NFC if you want to conserve battery. For the screen issue try to disable the sensitive screen if you are not wearing gloves all the time.

Gautam Karekar

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
My bro got 620 few days back... its pretty cool n fast.. but heated up the very next day.. then it got hanged during the call.. and then the contacts dun sync properly!
do any of such things happen with 720?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed this yesterday, while on native music app and playing an album/music sometimes hitting back button won't responce in the first 2-5 seconds. You know your hitting back button because it vibrates.

I synched music using windows explorer with no problem, album arts are in the phone when I checked it. Note:You have to download metadata/album arts first using Zune desktop before synching your phone.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My bro got 620 few days back... its pretty cool n fast.. but heated up the very next day.. then it got hanged during the call.. and then the contacts dun sync properly!
do any of such things happen with 720?

Umm...they don't happen on the 620 if it's not faulty, or there's no rogue apps or services running. You may want to tell your brother to return the phone for repair. I've had a 620 for over a month now and haven't seen the problems you're describing.

As for these things happening on the 720, same deal.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..Mine has no problem with contact sync, don't have more that 200 contacts though.

Can't find hardware issues yet. It only heats up when connected to charger. Have not put my device on a stress test yet so I can't further provide inputs about heating issues.

Umm...they don't happen on the 620 if it's not faulty, or there's no rogue apps or services running. You may want to tell your brother to return the phone for repair. I've had a 620 for over a month now and haven't seen the problems you're describing.

As for these things happening on the 720, same deal.

erfanullah

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 720 takes duplicate images. When I delete one of the two duplicates, both get deleted. When I try to delete both, I get error message: "1 photo couldn't be deleted". UPDATE1: This has stopped now. UPDATE2: not stopped yet. I think this is WP8 bug.

Another problem is that my device makes low squeaking noises when vibrating. Not too loud but clearly audible when I bring the phone 6 inches close to my ear or in silent room. It seems something is loose inside. I called Nokia Care store from where I bought the device and they told me to bring the device. I hope they will replace it. UPDATE3: Yes they allowed me a replacement but it will arrive in a week. Thank you Nokia!!

Last edited:

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
i don't have any nokia drive app in store or in nokia collection, but i have nokia drive (non plus) pre-installed in the phone! it says i have a valid license for italy, san marino, malta, citt? del vaticano, so only italy related states.

ps OT: nutella was originally by Ferrero, a used to be italian company :D so nutella was born in italy! :D

So you only get one country with the 720, while the 620,820 and 920 have World maps. This sucks! How much do additional countries cost?

I wonder if the US will get one state or the whole country.

It would have been better for Nokia to add an area, rather than one country. Imagine living in Luxembourg or another small country. That would not be fair!

The should have giving you the West-Europe map, rather than only Italy.

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So you only get one country with the 720, while the 620,820 and 920 have World maps. This sucks! How much do additional countries cost?

I wonder if the US will get one state or the whole country.

It would have been better for Nokia to add an area, rather than one country. Imagine living in Luxembourg or another small country. That would not be fair!

The should have giving you the West-Europe map, rather than only Italy.

I have a 720 in the US. Got from mobicity.com. My Here Maps license is for USA, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. It goes by the first SIM card, when Here Drive is loaded.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
@AlexanderPD you have mentioned in this thread that you have received update on your extras+info phone settings. My others storage keeps on growing. Would you mind what is the current version of your "extras+info" (Nokia Enhancements) version, mine is 1.7.0.173.

Thanks!

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
@AlexanderPD you have mentioned in this thread that you have received update on your extras+info phone settings. My others storage keeps on growing. Would you mind what is the current version of your "extras+info" (Nokia Enhancements) version, mine is 1.7.0.173.

Thanks!

i have the 1.8.1.140 right now! It would be nice to find a way to manually update system application and don't wait the self-refresh of the store :(

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have 64Gb one in mine, its great.
Do we need to insert micro sd card at first time before use or can be added later?
Is there any function / setting where you can save photo/music/movie into micosd card only? Just wondering is there any lag to display the photo if they are saved in micro sd card?
Thanks

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Do we need to insert micro sd card at first time before use or can be added later?
Is there any function / setting where you can save photo/music/movie into micosd card only? Just wondering is there any lag to display the photo if they are saved in micro sd card?
Thanks

Yes, there is an option to save new music, videos and pictures on the device to SD directly. This options are all already there. Without the SD card inserted this options are grayed out. I'll advice you to Format the SD card first using the phone right after inserting it on your phone as it will also automatically create separate file folders for each media type so you not have a problem later on.

There is a delay of about 1-2 seconds for large files. With pictures I have not noticed any delay. As to music files (since they large) i have encountered delays. When you are on the music app and try to play a music(saved in SD) for the first time there is a delay before screen goes to Now Playing screen.

Last edited:

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Another problem is that my device makes low squeaking noises when vibrating. Not too loud but clearly audible when I bring the phone 6 inches close to my ear. I am afraid something is loose inside. I called Nokia Care store from where I bought the device and they told me to bring the device. I hope they will replace it. :(

Hey!I don't have that feature!:grin: It is called vibration rattle? I think it is normal. How can you feel vibration if device don't have the vibration rattle assembly?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your review.

The only thing I find strange, is listing 512 MB RAM as a negative because you can't play every game. You bought that device, knowing it had only 512 MB. It is made very clear that devices with 512 MB RAM will not run every game. Almost anyone on this website could have told you that. In return for not being able to play every game, you got the device at a cheaper price! That was your choice to make. Listing that as a negative, is like buying a bicycle, and then stating that it is bad because it doesn't fly.

I am of a different opinion, if one needs mobile gaming opt for a console (psp/gameboy etc.,), mobiles aren't meant for gaming tbh.

my_fake

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I just realized that the Galaxy s3 is cheaper in Germany than this phone. ??

Which one do you think has the better front facing camera, I mean it says that the s3 has 1.9mp on the front.
And they made such a big fuss about the front facing cam in the Lumia.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that the Galaxy s3 is cheaper in Germany than this phone. ??

Which one do you think has the better front facing camera, I mean it says that the s3 has 1.9mp on the front.
And they made such a big fuss about the front facing cam in the Lumia.

Hard to say. Lumia 720 has wide angle front facing camera and GS3 doesn't.

Btw how much is GS3 in Germany? It's 465 euros here in Sweden, around 110 euros more expensive than Lumia 720.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos