international samsung ativ s for at&t question

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
does anyone here use an international Samsung ativ s for at&t and if they do has any of you tried to use internet sharing? and what happens when you do? does at&t block you? i am using an international titan and by changing the registry i can create a mobile hotspot no problem, but with windows phone 8 locked down i don't have access, so does anyone have the ativ s and can confirm they can use it as a hotspot for at&t?

ShipWreck

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not for sure if AT&T will get the Ativ S right now looks like Sprint only and the only carriers that I'm aware of that have the device are 2 Canadian unless you get a unlock one but even then not for sure if it will work on AT&T.

Michael Miles

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
does anyone here use an international Samsung ativ s for at&t and if they do has any of you tried to use internet sharing? and what happens when you do? does at&t block you? i am using an international titan and by changing the registry i can create a mobile hotspot no problem, but with windows phone 8 locked down i don't have access, so does anyone have the ativ s and can confirm they can use it as a hotspot for at&t?

I have it for ATT and I have had zero problems with tethering. ATT would want me to pay for it. However, I didn't add it to my plan and the function was still unlocked and available. I've done it probably a dozen times and have had no interference from ATT. However, I also set my phone up with them as a Nokia Lumia 920. I don't know if that makes any difference at all.

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have it for ATT and I have had zero problems with tethering. ATT would want me to pay for it. However, I didn't add it to my plan and the function was still unlocked and available. I've done it probably a dozen times and have had no interference from ATT. However, I also set my phone up with them as a Nokia Lumia 920. I don't know if that makes any difference at all.
hmm interesting, with more and more app support for wp8 my titan windows phone 7.8 is dying, i may switch to the titan but will miss the htc and nokia apps

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the tip! also my titan is an unlocked euro titan and at&t sees it as a "dumb phone" so i have unlimited non smart phone data, i am hoping that with an international Samsung ativ the phone will still not be recognized and thought of as a dumb phone also and still tether

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's correct...some carriers block internet sharing (tethering) even if it is available on your phone. If I were you, I would just double check my plan to see if I could add it on or get unlimited data with tethering included (not sure about ATT plans.) Most carriers will charge extra or slow your data speed if they find out that you were tethering without permission. At least, that's what the warnings say. So, I would just double check, so you won't get a bill shock next month! :)

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to do internet sharing on the Canadian ATIV S on my line. Required me to change some APN settings with the Samsung APN app but I was able to get it to work on lines with and without smartphone data plans (one had a dumbphone data plan. ATIV S doesn't get detected as a smartphone. But Canadian ATIV S doesn't have the right LTE band (17) for AT&T. Only band 4 which they supposedly use for a small part of their network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire