09-18-2014 12:45 AM
377 12345 ...
tools
    I can't find the storage check app on the store. Is it not available in India?
    'Lumia storage check beta' is there in the store.

Or you can scan its QR code through the news item on this very site.
    04-19-2013 12:25 AM
    I am dying for shells, my red 820 was stolen, then got a yellow 820, i just want all the colors, but non-wireless charging ones. Don't know when will nokia give us those :| and rugged shells too, yellow rugged shell looks stunning.
    04-19-2013 05:09 AM
    Guys i need some help , i am new to all this , i have bought Lumia 820 , do i just need to dl all updates ?
    where will i get them? from settings>phoneupdate ?

and what is the 1308 update all talking of ? and where to dl it ?
    what is flashing ?

Sorry for being noob i recently purchased lumia 820 and this is my 1 smartphone :)
    thank you all !
    04-19-2013 05:44 AM
    Guys i need some help , i am new to all this , i have bought Lumia 820 , do i just need to dl all updates ?
    where will i get them? from settings>phoneupdate ?

and what is the 1308 update all talking of ? and where to dl it ?
    what is flashing ?

Sorry for being noob i recently purchased lumia 820 and this is my 1 smartphone :)
    thank you all !
    well,u need to
    1) download nokia software updater for retail (nsu)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xfpzsda55rqy7e7

2) connect ur device,once detected it will download the latest update for your phone

3)once the download is complete it will flash ur phone to the latest update (1308) erasing all ur phone memory.
    :)
    04-19-2013 09:15 AM
    ^ Hey he said its his first smartphone! Dont suggest flashing the update to a newbie.

@coolsidx
    Just make sure you have an internet connection(wifi preferred for updates), whenever you will open the app store you will see updates; just tap on "5(or any other number would be there) updates", then update all, this will update all apps.
    & Phone will itself regularly check for software updates(internet connection required on regular basis), when there's an update available it will notify you, just follow the steps and its done.
    04-19-2013 11:29 AM
    I am dying for shells, my red 820 was stolen, then got a yellow 820, i just want all the colors, but non-wireless charging ones. Don't know when will nokia give us those :| and rugged shells too, yellow rugged shell looks stunning.
    I have a black 820 and want a red glossy shell. I had contacted a Nokia priority centre regarding it but they said it's not available and they don't know when it will be.

Also, there are 2 types of shells the glossy ones and the matte finish. All the color shells that come along with the phone are glossy, except the black one. But the wireless shells have the matte finish, they can be found online. I am waiting for the glossy (non-wireless) ones to become available.
    04-19-2013 11:10 PM
    ^ Hey he said its his first smartphone! Dont suggest flashing the update to a newbie.

@coolsidx
    Just make sure you have an internet connection(wifi preferred for updates), whenever you will open the app store you will see updates; just tap on "5(or any other number would be there) updates", then update all, this will update all apps.
    & Phone will itself regularly check for software updates(internet connection required on regular basis), when there's an update available it will notify you, just follow the steps and its done.
    the update is worth! i did it myself..back in the day when i had Lumia 710 (even though not my first phone) i flashed it to 7.8 which was way complicated process than nsu..so its up to him he wants to or not but Il also suggest don't do it after thinking of consequences..
    Sadly its gona take forever for nokia to roll out the updates for us..hope they don't the same with blue or future updates coz i cant keep loosing my game data after flashing -_-
    Sanjay Chandra likes this.
    04-19-2013 11:49 PM
    the update is worth! i did it myself..back in the day when i had Lumia 710 (even though not my first phone) i flashed it to 7.8 which was way complicated process than nsu..so its up to him he wants to or not but Il also suggest don't do it after thinking of consequences..
    Sadly its gona take forever for nokia to roll out the updates for us..hope they don't the same with blue or future updates coz i cant keep loosing my game data after flashing -_-
    Would the Nokia Music subscription be valid after flashing?
    04-20-2013 12:55 AM
    Would the Nokia Music subscription be valid after flashing?
    yes it's valid
    04-20-2013 01:19 AM
    Has anyone tried mugen batteries for 820?
    04-20-2013 02:22 AM
    Thanks a lot for the help guys !
    I downloaded the update 1308 one , was very big file :|
    My mobile is not bought from India ,its from Official Nokia store Finland ,Got it as a gift from them :)

I still have the old storage check option , how to get the new one in which we can see the contents and del all extra files ?
    Also is there any way to connect the Phone to Pc internet ,(except wifi ,dont have one) and use it ?
    04-20-2013 07:56 AM
    Ok guys I'm seriously tired of waiting for the new update. I'm going to download and update via nsu. Any tips or heads up? Is there any risk of bricking the device?
    04-20-2013 09:05 AM
    Ok guys I'm seriously tired of waiting for the new update. I'm going to download and update via nsu. Any tips or heads up? Is there any risk of bricking the device?
    its very simple,if ur net speed is good it will download faster (its around 1gb)..u can disconnect ur phone after it starts downloading and connect again when its done..once u download it u can flash it as many times u want coz the firmware is stored on ur pc's hard disk :D
    04-20-2013 09:39 AM
    Thanks a lot for the help guys !
    I downloaded the update 1308 one , was very big file :|
    My mobile is not bought from India ,its from Official Nokia store Finland ,Got it as a gift from them :)

I still have the old storage check option , how to get the new one in which we can see the contents and del all extra files ?
    Also is there any way to connect the Phone to Pc internet ,(except wifi ,dont have one) and use it ?
    well storage check is only for 1308 update once u get it,open it in settings and swipe towards left,ull see detailed info in which u can delete the temp files,u can also download storage check beta app from market place if u want to store maps on ur sd card! And make sure to update ur systems apps..
    Mind if i ask u how did u got the phone as a gift from Finland? :O
    04-20-2013 09:43 AM
    well storage check is only for 1308 update once u get it,open it in settings and swipe towards left,ull see detailed info in which u can delete the temp files,u can also download storage check beta app from market place if u want to store maps on ur sd card! And make sure to update ur systems apps..
    Mind if i ask u how did u got the phone as a gift from Finland? :O
    I have downloaded and update my phone bro but still i cannot see the new storage as it should be , it still shows me the old one :(
    ill download the app u mentioned and try it :)
    I have updated the phone ,will have to update all apps ,
    for that i have to go to store--> update apps correct? or manually each app ?

I am a security researcher ,found many bugs in their site as a reward they gifted me this :)
    Any suggestion on the net queston i asked ?
    04-20-2013 10:21 AM
    well storage check is only for 1308 update
    I too thought so until I updated the 820 with 1308 via NSU. This so-called storage check that everyone is talking about was not present in my phone too ..
    04-20-2013 11:56 AM
    I have downloaded and update my phone bro but still i cannot see the new storage as it should be , it still shows me the old one :(
    ill download the app u mentioned and try it :)
    I have updated the phone ,will have to update all apps ,
    for that i have to go to store--> update apps correct? or manually each app ?

I am a security researcher ,found many bugs in their site as a reward they gifted me this :)
    Any suggestion on the net queston i asked ?
    that's so cool man! Anyway here is the link

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool...s/td-p/1640082

Use bing's lense from bing search menu to scan them from your phone,it will take u to the store where u can update system apps..similarly do it for all the system apps mention there,once done,you'll get storage check..sadly system apps cant be searched in the market place,either they show up if there is any update or u have to do it manually like this.

Note: Phone storage and storage check are two different options in settings menu..once u update all the system apps,storage check will come below extras+info.
    hope it helps :)
    04-20-2013 01:20 PM
    I too thought so until I updated the 820 with 1308 via NSU. This so-called storage check that everyone is talking about was not present in my phone too ..
    Like i said before u need to update all system apps,here is the link

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool...s/td-p/1640082

Update all of them using bing search's scanner
    :)
    04-20-2013 01:22 PM
    that's so cool man! Anyway here is the link

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

Use bing's lense from bing search menu to scan them from your phone,it will take u to the store where u can update system apps..similarly do it for all the system apps mention there,once done,you'll get storage check..sadly system apps cant be searched in the market place,either they show up if there is any update or u have to do it manually like this.

Note: Phone storage and storage check are two different options in settings menu..once u update all the system apps,storage check will come below extras+info.
    hope it helps :)
    thanks a lot bro , will do it :)
    04-20-2013 02:26 PM
    Update all of them using bing search's scanner
    Thanks. It worked.. :)
    04-20-2013 05:54 PM
    Did u get Data sense as well ? My 820 got data sense after 1308 update
    shannan_a likes this.
    04-21-2013 12:36 AM
    yes
    04-21-2013 12:55 AM
    Bro i did not get it : /
    i checked the store also but Download option was not there :|
    To check it where to go ?
    In my update no storage no sense ,what was updated then lol ? :P
    04-21-2013 03:07 AM
    I found a nice app which can be used in place for sense app , check it here
    Call Credit | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

APP name is :call credit ,check it ,very nice !!
    04-21-2013 03:19 AM
    Bro i did not get it : /
    i checked the store also but Download option was not there :|
    To check it where to go ?
    In my update no storage no sense ,what was updated then lol ? :P
    check settings , sense should be present in applications (swipe toward right under settings)
    04-21-2013 10:27 AM
377 12345 ...