Lumia 820 Indian Corner

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys get notifications from twitter and facebook.I bought 820 a month back and even once I didn't get notifications.I had reset my phone once and uninstalled and installed several times.Can anyone provide me a solution?

You should get notification, I do on my phone. Maybe go in facebook settings and mess around a bit. Make sure it's enabled in the background tasks. Notifications do come like 80% of the time.

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
If u have access to online shopping , You can get any color shell from Nokia's times of india shopping website

I currently have red non-wireless shell but planning to get yellow or cyan.

Any recommendations ? Which do u think is better ?

Here's the link btw :

Yellow Shell :
Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Yellow), Buy Now Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Yellow)

Black Shell :
Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Black), Buy Now Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Black)

Cyan Shell :
Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Cyan), Buy Now Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Cyan)

Red Shell :
Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Red), Buy Now Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (Red)

White Shell :
Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (White), Buy Now Wireless Charging Shell CC-3041 (White)

PS : This not spam lolz , these links are for official Nokia shopping site which are even linked from Nokia's main site.

Wow they're awfully expensive :\ I was planning to go for a red one myself. I dropped my phone a couple of days after buying (yeah I know clumsy) and it got a black mark on one of the edges. My shell is white by the way. Idk why I bought while I should've gone with red to begin with.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
If there was saved game backup I would. Already done one hard reset however and not prepared to start from scratch all over again.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am dying for shells, my red 820 was stolen, then got a yellow 820, i just want all the colors, but non-wireless charging ones. Don't know when will nokia give us those :| and rugged shells too, yellow rugged shell looks stunning.

coolsidx

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Guys i need some help , i am new to all this , i have bought Lumia 820 , do i just need to dl all updates ?
where will i get them? from settings>phoneupdate ?

and what is the 1308 update all talking of ? and where to dl it ?
what is flashing ?

Sorry for being noob i recently purchased lumia 820 and this is my 1 smartphone :)
thank you all !

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Guys i need some help , i am new to all this , i have bought Lumia 820 , do i just need to dl all updates ?
where will i get them? from settings>phoneupdate ?

and what is the 1308 update all talking of ? and where to dl it ?
what is flashing ?

Sorry for being noob i recently purchased lumia 820 and this is my 1 smartphone :)
thank you all !

well,u need to
1) download nokia software updater for retail (nsu)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xfpzsda55rqy7e7

2) connect ur device,once detected it will download the latest update for your phone

3)once the download is complete it will flash ur phone to the latest update (1308) erasing all ur phone memory.
:)

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
^ Hey he said its his first smartphone! Dont suggest flashing the update to a newbie.

@coolsidx
Just make sure you have an internet connection(wifi preferred for updates), whenever you will open the app store you will see updates; just tap on "5(or any other number would be there) updates", then update all, this will update all apps.
& Phone will itself regularly check for software updates(internet connection required on regular basis), when there's an update available it will notify you, just follow the steps and its done.

shannan_a

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I am dying for shells, my red 820 was stolen, then got a yellow 820, i just want all the colors, but non-wireless charging ones. Don't know when will nokia give us those :| and rugged shells too, yellow rugged shell looks stunning.

I have a black 820 and want a red glossy shell. I had contacted a Nokia priority centre regarding it but they said it's not available and they don't know when it will be.

Also, there are 2 types of shells the glossy ones and the matte finish. All the color shells that come along with the phone are glossy, except the black one. But the wireless shells have the matte finish, they can be found online. I am waiting for the glossy (non-wireless) ones to become available.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
^ Hey he said its his first smartphone! Dont suggest flashing the update to a newbie.

@coolsidx
Just make sure you have an internet connection(wifi preferred for updates), whenever you will open the app store you will see updates; just tap on "5(or any other number would be there) updates", then update all, this will update all apps.
& Phone will itself regularly check for software updates(internet connection required on regular basis), when there's an update available it will notify you, just follow the steps and its done.

the update is worth! i did it myself..back in the day when i had Lumia 710 (even though not my first phone) i flashed it to 7.8 which was way complicated process than nsu..so its up to him he wants to or not but Il also suggest don't do it after thinking of consequences..
Sadly its gona take forever for nokia to roll out the updates for us..hope they don't the same with blue or future updates coz i cant keep loosing my game data after flashing -_-

shannan_a

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
the update is worth! i did it myself..back in the day when i had Lumia 710 (even though not my first phone) i flashed it to 7.8 which was way complicated process than nsu..so its up to him he wants to or not but Il also suggest don't do it after thinking of consequences..
Sadly its gona take forever for nokia to roll out the updates for us..hope they don't the same with blue or future updates coz i cant keep loosing my game data after flashing -_-

Would the Nokia Music subscription be valid after flashing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo