Lumia 820 Indian Corner

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Flipkart is now showing all official nokia shells for 820 (wireless,non-wireless and rugged)..it says coming soon! So excited :D

I don't want to sound dumb but I specifically bought 820 on January 21st only after seeing flipkart , it listed those shells , jbl speakers coming soon from 3 months or did they add more stuff now ?

If they arrive soon , they will give estimated week of arrival , which is hinting me that they wont arrive anytime soon

coolsidx

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
to day i done a hard rest..
after dat storage check app is not showing to me..
how can i get it separately?

what firmware version u got after updating ?

for app, go to betalabs.nokia,com and dl it from there, it will take u to windows store , i dont have direct link :/
did u get data sense ?

Lukson K Thomas

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
what firmware version u got after updating ?

for app, go to betalabs.nokia,com and dl it from there, it will take u to windows store , i dont have direct link :/
did u get data sense ?

Its showing latest version, ie 1308.0001..
i didnt got data sense after updating...
any external link to download it??

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to sound dumb but I specifically bought 820 on January 21st only after seeing flipkart , it listed those shells , jbl speakers coming soon from 3 months or did they add more stuff now ?

If they arrive soon , they will give estimated week of arrival , which is hinting me that they wont arrive anytime soon

Flipkart was showing shells but not official nokia ones,infact..they were showing all those Rock's flip case etc...so i have been checking every week and just two days back they added nokia ones..

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys , is there a way to clear the other storage in 820 ? I tried storage check app and shrink storage but none of them work.

I have 0 bytes free now

I lost my patience.

I will wait till August , if its not resolved by then , I will get the next iPhone which comes in September or iPhone 5 depending whether next one is worth price or not.

And i will also dump my Windows 8 PC and get OS X.

I am seriously disappointed with MS , they take so much time to resolve the issues.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Guys , is there a way to clear the other storage in 820 ? I tried storage check app and shrink storage but none of them work.

I have 0 bytes free now

I lost my patience.

I will wait till August , if its not resolved by then , I will get the next iPhone which comes in September or iPhone 5 depending whether next one is worth price or not.

And i will also dump my Windows 8 PC and get OS X.

I am seriously disappointed with MS , they take so much time to resolve the issues.

i feel bad for u :( im very much satisfied with my Lumia 820...i flashed my phone way before Ota updates rolled out in India..so storage is working properly...and besides i don't do heavy mobile gaming on phone cause for that i have my iPad..i do agree MS takes hell lot of time to fix bugs...but they have promised to releases numerous updates before the big blue update do everything will be eventually fix :)

coolsidx

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
hey i had a question , i recently thought of installing the new updated version of storage check ,for that i uninstalled the app from the list menu (turn screen to left)
but still i have it in the settings ,when i clicked it it still worked like last time ,continiously revolving not working.
Is there any way by which i can remove it from my cell fully ! i want to install the new version.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
i feel bad for u :( im very much satisfied with my Lumia 820...i flashed my phone way before Ota updates rolled out in India..so storage is working properly...and besides i don't do heavy mobile gaming on phone cause for that i have my iPad..i do agree MS takes hell lot of time to fix bugs...but they have promised to releases numerous updates before the big blue update do everything will be eventually fix :)

Rant ahead

My situation is very similar to you , I flashed 820 and have Storage check/Data sense and also have an iPad ( lot of photos , so opted for 3rd gen retina and love apps/games so 64gb model)

I don't see Windows 8 eco system like "Apple" , for example , if apple releases a new device , within two months time frame , all apps get updated and iOS issues also get fixed very fast but on other hand I see completely different things in Windows 8 platform.When i first had 3rd gen iPad back in April 2012 (as u know , it newly came out , released in March) , Half apps were already made for retina and by June , every app i used got updated for retina display.

Its been 6 months since launch of Windows 8 and don't see even one serious issue getting fixed or apps getting into platform fast.

Temple run was promised in October as coming "soon" and it came after like 3-4 months , same with other apps as well.

Windows platform is unique and great but MS support is bad , very very bad.Another thing I noticed is how slow apps get updated.For example , Cut the rope already has new levels for android/iOS but WP version is not updated after december.

I think WP takes another 2-3 years to get into track , its half baked OS still.

Well some people may assume I am ****** or troll but I actually "used" Windows 8 platform from first.I got Windows 8 installed on my PC on the first day of official release and I had followed Lumia launch right from september event.

So after much experience , I came to this conclusion.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Rant ahead

My situation is very similar to you , I flashed 820 and have Storage check/Data sense and also have an iPad ( lot of photos , so opted for 3rd gen retina and love apps/games so 64gb model)

I don't see Windows 8 eco system like "Apple" , for example , if apple releases a new device , within two months time frame , all apps get updated and iOS issues also get fixed very fast but on other hand I see completely different things in Windows 8 platform.When i first had 3rd gen iPad back in April 2012 (as u know , it newly came out , released in March) , Half apps were already made for retina and by June , every app i used got updated for retina display.

Its been 6 months since launch of Windows 8 and don't see even one serious issue getting fixed or apps getting into platform fast.

Temple run was promised in October as coming "soon" and it came after like 3-4 months , same with other apps as well.

Windows platform is unique and great but MS support is bad , very very bad.Another thing I noticed is how slow apps get updated.For example , Cut the rope already has new levels for android/iOS but WP version is not updated after december.

I think WP takes another 2-3 years to get into track , its half baked OS still.

Well some people may assume I am ****** or troll but I actually "used" Windows 8 platform from first.I got Windows 8 installed on my PC on the first day of official release and I had followed Lumia launch right from september event.

So after much experience , I came to this conclusion.

well i agree with u (even i have iPad 3rd gen!) i used Lumia 710 before got Lumia 820 and from the very first day i felt windows phone 7 was more stabilized than Lumia 820..i mean WP8 had many bugs while WP7 hardly had any...and the apps,im still waiting for cut the rope's new update to come out (even its new game is out which i think will take like 6 months more to to come to WP8?)..its really sad u know but for some strange reason i always had and have faith in windows so Il be using my 820 for another year and if it continues like this i might jump to ios (i hate android)..
only thing that bothers me about ios is the ui..its so boring (hope they get new ui in ios7).
So u had data sense and storage check after flashing so what happened ??

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah , storage check or shrink storage do nothing , storage check clears atmost 100 MB and shrink storage is useless but now I had to uninstall asphalt 7 for space.

Did u notice asphalt 7 graphics in iPad 3 ? So much better than WP version

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Well i would agree with Sanjay Chandra here, the update cycle is very very slow in WP8, forget app updates or new apps, we barely have had a OS update which will fix a visible OS bug, i don't want under the hood improvements! I want those million tiny bugs sorted out, most basic features available, more games (& apps) avaiable rather than the updates which seem to do nothing but change the OS version number.
I used Symbian 60 & Symbian^3 for a long time, then finally switched to WP8, that too because of Nokia, and frankly, even though i like it a lot, my next phone probably wont be a WP(unless it has 41MP Pureview + OIS). I used to cook my own CFW (Custom firmware/ROM) for 5800, and seriously wanted to go for an android, there was so much potential to do customization at the kernel level itself, but i trusted Nokia with WP8, and WP8 has been a let down. Now i think i should've bought a 808.(even after my first 820 stolen, i did not understand god's wish to make me buy an android/808 pureview, i again bought 820). Lets see what will the so many planned updates improve and if they are enough to make me stick to the platform in future.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah , storage check or shrink storage do nothing , storage check clears atmost 100 MB and shrink storage is useless but now I had to uninstall asphalt 7 for space.

Did u notice asphalt 7 graphics in iPad 3 ? So much better than WP version

yup,the graphics are much better on iPad but i guess that depends on developer,how much they optimise it but either way iPad's graphics are superior than any windows phone..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo