Lumia 820 Indian Corner

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i would agree with Sanjay Chandra here, the update cycle is very very slow in WP8, forget app updates or new apps, we barely have had a OS update which will fix a visible OS bug, i don't want under the hood improvements! I want those million tiny bugs sorted out, most basic features available, more games (& apps) avaiable rather than the updates which seem to do nothing but change the OS version number.
I used Symbian 60 & Symbian^3 for a long time, then finally switched to WP8, that too because of Nokia, and frankly, even though i like it a lot, my next phone probably wont be a WP(unless it has 41MP Pureview + OIS). I used to cook my own CFW (Custom firmware/ROM) for 5800, and seriously wanted to go for an android, there was so much potential to do customization at the kernel level itself, but i trusted Nokia with WP8, and WP8 has been a let down. Now i think i should've bought a 808.(even after my first 820 stolen, i did not understand god's wish to make me buy an android/808 pureview, i again bought 820). Lets see what will the so many planned updates improve and if they are enough to make me stick to the platform in future.

i used nokia c7 before sifting to windows long back...i loved the os! In fact after belle update i was ready to use it for little longer but the constant reboot and network error was getting annoying and more frequent so i finally gave up using Symbian..i don't know if all Symbian phones have this problems but its very annoying..

shannan_a

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys I want to buy a rugged shell for my phone, can you tell me if this is a rugged shell and NOT a phone cover? It's awfully confusing. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Nokia CC-3040 Protective Shell Case for Nokia Lumia 820 - Nokia: Flipkart.com

Yes it is a shell and not a phone cover. It is slightly thicker than the normal shells because a rubber-like layer is fitted around the front and edges of the case for extra protection. It has a matte (rugged) finish.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Data Sense is based on your operator. I dont think it's integrated with any of the Lumia Phones in India :(

exactly but shockingly it works with my phone! I have airtel as carrier and have a data plan,so I entered the its details in the app and voila! It deducts the data according to my usage :D

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
exactly but shockingly it works with my phone! I have airtel as carrier and have a data plan,so I entered the its details in the app and voila! It deducts the data according to my usage :D

I also have AIrtel! Can you please share how you got the app working? :) Thanks a million!

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I also have AIrtel! Can you please share how you got the app working? :) Thanks a million!

I got this app,after flashing my device using nsu,then I got a data plan 2g (cause 3g is a big battery killer) so in the app I added for how many days it was valid (21 in my case) and added how much data I had (645mb plan in my case) so once I put this info, it automatically deducts the Mb as I use 2g...i love this app,though i fear that in future if I update through ota I might lose this app..i hope I won't cause its quite useful to keep track of which app uses how much data,how much data is left and for how many days =]

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am Vodafone 3G user And I got data sense as well , after flashing with nsu

I got 4 months of free 3G network upto 2 GB cap each month bundled with my Lumia 820 being on Vodafone.

(This is my first phone , so SIM is new one as well)

Got it from 28th Jan 2013 and my 3G expires by 28th May 2013

After getting 1304 update , I got HSPA+ signal and speed of 3.3 mbps ( ~380 Kb/s download speed)

Last edited:

Shrikanth Sivakumar

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey ppl.... any one tried to download wallpapers from the Wallbase app?? every time i try (irrespective of the resolution) it throws up the error...cannot download.....any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb