Lumia 820 Indian Corner

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Its true the Facebook chat in messaging is quite inconsistent..check-in does work for me though..its funny cause on my old phone (Lumia 710) Facebook chat use to work perfectly fine. To be honest WP 7.8 was far more superior in stability wise than WP 8..hope MS fixes all these and many more issues.

psreloaded

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
What problems are you facing Sanjay.. I have used 2 WP and Android devices till now and I would probably never go back to Android... I agree that microsoft could probably push some updates quicker.. but other than that its a pretty solid OS.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
What problems are you facing Sanjay.. I have used 2 WP and Android devices till now and I would probably never go back to Android... I agree that microsoft could probably push some updates quicker.. but other than that its a pretty solid OS.

I am going to get a HTC One until I saw their website yesterday.
They are going to release a new flagship phone AGAIN.

I will probably wait for iPhone 5S and purchase a 32GB version.That's it.

I am tired of WP problems.I also don't want to trust Android OEMs because they are releasing too many phones and not giving updates early.
I never used iPhone or Android before.

However , I used iPod Touch and iPad heavily for nearly 4 years/1.5years.So I am quite familiar with iOS and Apple eco system.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Amber/Gdr2 update is available for all Indian users having Lumia 820 by Nokia software updater for retail..sadly this will wipe out the data and since I already used it once to update im not going to use it again and lose all my data..Good news is since NSU is showing this update for Indian region only means that by August end we will hopefully get the update notification on the phone :)

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 820 :

Glancing clock is nice and 820 AMOLED can use that feature efficiently.

Got color profile feature to adjust saturation levels and temperature.

Data sense was there on last update too.

Radio is added but as usual workd only when earphones plugged in.

Nokia smart camera app is available.

Flip to silence is added.

Still many enhancements across the board but still not enough to call it a worthy update.

I cant find how to set a default lens.

If u set glance clock and launch camera using hardware key , I saw delay in camera launch.

That's about it , battery and performance is pretty much same as before.

I will write about my experience in a week again.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 820 :

Still many enhancements across the board but still not enough to call it a worthy update.

If u set glance clock and launch camera using hardware key , I saw delay in camera launch.

cool let us know how is Xbox music,is it stable enough or does it still hang when u select shuffle play etc.

pankajwanikar

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Anybody know, any App in which we can Pause and resume a Video Shooting as available in Android. I have 820 and the recording through Camera is really awesome Zooming, differentiating between image and Text is perfect and crisp and clear. Just that it doesnt have a pause and restart functionality....

Your inputs ......

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Woh ! Never thought that we would have these many 820 users in this forum :)

Woh ! Never thought that we would have these many 820 users in this forum :shocked:

Hay Sanjay Bro !
I dont know why your device gave you these problems But I nver had any issues with any of my Lumia Devices ( 800 & 820) . I am a hardkore gizmo freak and use these devices like hell. But still i never found any issues. Be it stability, performance, Battery backup Everything workes awesome for me. I also have used Iphone 3Gs And samsung tab 2 but decided to continue with Windows phone. I know we have few limitations on these devices compared to Android platefarm. But It wont be there anymore if you wait till mid of 2014. Next update that is expected to be released in mid of 2014 is gonna make a BIGGG difference. Seriouly i can not trust Android in terms of Speed and Stability. Probaly i will never go back to any other OS anymore.

If anyone is intrusted to change the cover of 820 let me know. i can provide a link for 820 covers. Much much cheaper than what we have available in indian market.

shannan_a

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 820 :

I just connected my device on the nokia updater for retail but the new firmware isn't showing up, still showing the old one. I guess they took it off their servers. 😞

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 820 :

Bro
Could you tell me if there is any improvement while accesing music library ? you might have notices it takes 5-6 seconds to open songs library if you have stored songs on SD card. Please try doing it and let me know if its fixed.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Anybody here using these moshi Back Hard Case Cover for lumia 820? While I am waiting for original Nokia shell, thinking of buying this till it arrives. I could not find any review for this product. Available in ebay for Rs 249. Nokia Lumia 820
View attachment 38315

Vikrant !

Thats just a Basic cover without keys. You will loose the Awesome Beauty of your lumia. check this link bellow. you can get the wholw battery back cover with side keys at a reasonable price. i Placed and order yesterday. Eagerly waiting for this,

http://www.ebay.in/itm/261220690697...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Some of the observations after one day of usage : (and I hope it will answer your queries as well)

Xbox Music Performance = Still Slow like before

Nokia Music Performance = same as before

Colour Profile = We can change saturation levels and this made red/cobalt accent less hurting to eyes during night time.

Glance Clock didn't effect much on my battery but unlocking process is bit long because first we must double tap and then slide to unlock.We can turn off glance clock if we want or used "timed" mode.

Some of the animation screen times have reduced maybe by 0.2-0.5 seconds.

Radio works well.

However I saw some slight frame drops (very very minute) in settings app which you won't even notice until someone points out.However in remaining places , everything works almost same as before.

IE has always been a smooth experience , So I didn't find any change in it .Its very good performer.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Some of the observations after one day of usage : (and I hope it will answer your queries as well)

Xbox Music Performance = Still Slow like before

Nokia Music Performance = same as before

Colour Profile = We can change saturation levels and this made red/cobalt accent less hurting to eyes during night time.

Glance Clock didn't effect much on my battery but unlocking process is bit long because first we must double tap and then slide to unlock.We can turn off glance clock if we want or used "timed" mode.

Some of the animation screen times have reduced maybe by 0.2-0.5 seconds.

Radio works well.

However I saw some slight frame drops (very very minute) in settings app which you won't even notice until someone points out.However in remaining places , everything works almost same as before.

IE has always been a smooth experience , So I didn't find any change in it .Its very good performer.

And what about Other storage issue??

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Vikrant !

Thats just a Basic cover without keys. You will loose the Awesome Beauty of your lumia. check this link bellow. you can get the wholw battery back cover with side keys at a reasonable price. i Placed and order yesterday. Eagerly waiting for this,

http://www.ebay.in/itm/261220690697...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks!!
Well, I bought that Moshi back cover as i did not find any original back cover here in India. Its kinda okayish, makes the phone little bulky.. Will still buy the original Yellow cover once its available. Let us know the quality of the piece you have ordered once you recieve.
Cheers..

pankajwanikar

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys any updates on Pausing a Video. I want it for My Official work / Demos, which needs me taking video of my networking set-Up and present. I can use proper cameras, but wat the hell, I want to use my Lumia 820 for it.. Because it has really good Image stabilization, it negates hand jerks..

Please let me know. Thanks.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!
Well, I bought that Moshi back cover as i did not find any original back cover here in India. Its kinda okayish, makes the phone little bulky.. Will still buy the original Yellow cover once its available. Let us know the quality of the piece you have ordered once you recieve.
Cheers..

With pleasure. its taking a long time as its coming from USA. Will post Pictures as soon a i get them. I orderd yellow and red color.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte