Lumia 820 Indian Corner

Jinesh Udani

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
What i noticed is, Data sense was installed only today in this update but it still knows the data usage and is showing it on live tile, so WP8 is storing all this info in background from the start.
is data sense carrier dependent? i am on BSNL, lumia 520.
EDIT: FLIP TO SILENCE is working too. A teeny tiny bit laggy(like 0.1s) as compared to my 5800 Xpressmusic. :p

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
amber is nothing just some tweaks done by nokia and released new lens called smart cam. The main focus should be on general release distribution 2 made by Microsoft.(gdr2).all the performance, battery improvement, FM radio and bug fixes in OS is handled by Microsoft. nokia added flip to silence which was earlier on my lumia 900 now ported back to windows phone 8 series by nokia(520-1020),adjust screen colour profile is a move by nokia as this feature is hardly seen on smartphones these days. Glance , double tap was first seen on nokia n8(Symbian) and now ported to windows 8 :) ,call blocking is also a nice move as it was the most requested feature in lumia ( Samsung ativ series have this on windows phone devices before the gdr2). htc seeded the gdr2 update(no software was released or tweaks by htc :D just gdr2 update by Microsoft) earlier which created bugs and issues in phones like hearing music for longer time bricked the phone ( the audio chip related problem). htc later resolved this issue by seeding another update to the htc windows phone series. there are still some bugs in amber update seeded by nokia (images taken by camera on l920 shows different colour(blue shows green,pro cam bugs).hope I made some the clarification discussed here.glance screen is a huge battery sucker on l920(due to non amoled display as it has an IPS display).

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow will probably be the last day of owning Lumia 820.

I have been using GDR2+Amber for a while now User Experience has improved a little but its like one step backward.

Why ?
I ran into bluetooth issues with BMW AFTER the update , However , BT streaming working fine on Chevy Cruze (worked fine before update and now too).
Firmware on the car-computer-system is latest one possible as far as I know.

Before update , I used to listen to music and answer calls using BT system and it also downloaded contact photos to show on system's screen whenever someone calls but Now everything is f****** up.

Its not fault with car for sure because all other devices working fine with it except WP8 , its definitely problem on MS.

At first (in 2012) WP8 had issues with cars (Mostly ford cars or something I don't remember) but now MS screwed up for others as well.

prakashe

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Bro still wating for them. i bought them from a US delear on ebay with free international shipping. thats why its taking time. i order on 27th on last month and the estimated delivery date is between 15 aug to 23 aug. . i will post original pix once i get them. till them check these pix I got from the site for the same product. i ordered 2. red and yellow.

Did you receive it? I am confused between red & yellow!

Last edited:

aatanu

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, It is really a very unexpected situation with me. I have purchased Nokia Lumia 820 last July-2013 (last Month).ne Now I am traveling abroad, to my surprise the touch screen is working fine but the touch screen lock is not responding. Every time I have to disconnect the battery. Can someone advise.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am assuming touch doesn't work when you want to unlock the phone?
Try tapping the hardware key a couple of times, then unlock, happens with me once in a while.
Hi, It is really a very unexpected situation with me. I have purchased Nokia Lumia 820 last July-2013 (last Month).ne Now I am traveling abroad, to my surprise the touch screen is working fine but the touch screen lock is not responding. Every time I have to disconnect the battery. Can someone advise.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Soft reboot? Clean cache?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello My Indian Friends , I Am Sure You All Gonna Love this and start dancing :D you can finally install Nokia Pro Cam on Your 820, You can also Create Folders on your Home screen And also You can Install Any Apps From Samsung or HTC zone on LUmia Phone.

For creating folders check this thread -:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...your-home-screen-eesily-your-lumia-phone.html

For Instaling Nokia Pro Cam (Easiest way)-:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-820/239041-nokia-pro-cam-lumia-820-a.html

For installing Apps From Samsung or HTC Zone -:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-samsung-htc-collections-apps-your-lumia.html

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130826_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20130826_0005.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20130826_0010.png
    wp_ss_20130826_0010.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 2
  • wp_ss_20130826_0025[1].png
    wp_ss_20130826_0025[1].png
    244.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics