Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just hope they announce it soon so we can at least see the specs and pre-order. Hate seeing the launch that close to the gs4 though. This wait is killing me!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
@flubbo - Angry much? Since you don't like it here, I'd suggest you go elsewhere for your news. Softpedia or Gizbot have great sites that would probably interest you.

Only problem Vallos is that Verizon will likely announce this at CTIA on May 22...that's a full month from now.
No way are they waiting until CTIA. They'll announce this Thursday most likely, and if not then next Thursday (5/2). I'm banking on 4/25.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is that if its not announced Thursday I'll certainly be heading to test out a BB device...wasn't even interested before, but it's awfully available as they say.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think Verizon will wait until late May to announce and/or release the phone. From what I'm gathering, they are spacing out the releases of new phones. The Z10 was first, with the 928 to follow, and then the Galaxy 4.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Something doesnt seem quite right here. Honestabebread wouldnt have seen the phone first hand if verizon were still debating the contract to run it. Also as others have pointed out the 928 is polycarb not plastic (as far as we know)

Now, what I think has happened here is Verizon have got the contract for the catwalk. That definitely has the metal body. We have also had the rumor of the London May 15th reveal for a while now.

Either that or the rumors have all been tossed up, and the 928 will infact have a metal body (pics show otherwise though so i dont think this is likely) and that its the 928 being revealed next month in London for a global release over summer, with the catwalk to follow in the Nokia World thingy in autumn

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
You guys are missing the point...we dont KNOW that the 928 is US only. Everyone just assumes.

Either that or the rumors have all been tossed up, and the 928 will infact have a metal body (pics show otherwise though so i dont think this is likely) and that its the 928 being revealed next month in London for a global release over summer, with the catwalk to follow in the Nokia World thingy in autumn

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hhhhmmmmm....catwalk on Verizon too ? The main reason I was thinking 928 is because I need to be on Verizon. Now if the catwalk shows up at Big Red too...might have to reconsider. What do you guys think ? If you had the choice between catwalk and 928 which would you choose ? If EOS showed up on Verizon that would be a no-brainer.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hhhhmmmmm....catwalk on Verizon too ? The main reason I was thinking 928 is because I need to be on Verizon. Now if the catwalk shows up at Big Red too...might have to reconsider. What do you guys think ? If you had the choice between catwalk and 928 which would you choose ? If EOS showed up on Verizon that would be a no-brainer.

If catwalk has the same camera as the 928, hands down the catwalk. I really don't need flagship, I just want a nice camera and a slim design. I'll use my surface for games and such.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
928 is NOT going to be international. The numbering doesn't make a lick of sense. 928 is a carrier-exclusive number. It's going to be a Verizon-only phone. And if Catwalk and EOS make it to Verizon, then my wife is going to get my 928 when I get EOS. I want that camera.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
928 is NOT going to be international. The numbering doesn't make a lick of sense. 928 is a carrier-exclusive number. It's going to be a Verizon-only phone. And if Catwalk and EOS make it to Verizon, then my wife is going to get my 928 when I get EOS. I want that camera.

I thought that at first, but arent the localised adaptations usually lower numbers like 822. Plus are the verizon versions of phones usually this different? Its not just the body, its the screen, body, xenon flash....maybe even internal components and SD card reader....we dont know yet. It would be an off business choice to do that much R+D for one carrier in one country (even though US is big)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I know Tom Warren told me on twitter that the catwalk would not be coming to Verizon when I asked if I should get the 928 or wait for the catwalk. Make of that what you will.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I know Tom Warren told me on twitter that the catwalk would not be coming to Verizon when I asked if I should get the 928 or wait for the catwalk. Make of that what you will.

Tom Warren knows just as much as we do. He's a reporter just like the people who say Verizon I'll get the catwalk, so id definitely say take his word with a grain of salt. (he's been wrong before). Now if you have a former Microsoft, Nokia, or Verizon employee saying something like that.. that's a little different.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tom Warren knows just as much as we do. He's a reporter just like the people who say Verizon I'll get the catwalk, so id definitely say take his word with a grain of salt. (he's been wrong before). Now if you have a former Microsoft, Nokia, or Verizon employee saying something like that.. that's a little different.

Tom Warren likely knows much more than the average Joe. I have said this before, but the Verge and Tom specifically are VERY well respected by Microsoft and its PR team. He likely knows all about the new Lumia devices, but just like honestabe, he's embargoed on that info. If a leak pops up online, he often comments because the cat is outta the bag. To say Tom Warren knows "as much as we do" is incorrect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte