Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think this is going to be announced at ctia, and it seems that might happen on the 22nd, but Verizon have announced an announcement :)
@evleaks has a habit of showing their leaks a few days before announcement and this is test
feed with the statement that this is the last look the 928...
also, the top bottom is stop, not shown, but FCC images do not show anything on the bottom, so perhaps the USB and headphone jack and sim card slot will be on top like the catwalk prototype leaks.

alGaddafi

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I think this is going to be announced at ctia, and it seems that might happen on the 22nd, but Verizon have announced an announcement :)
@evleaks has a habit of showing their leaks a few days before announcement and this is test
feed with the statement that this is the last look the 928...
also, the top bottom is stop, not shown, but FCC images do not show anything on the bottom, so perhaps the USB and headphone jack and sim card slot will be on top like the catwalk prototype leaks.

What did Verizon announce? And where did you get the info of the announcement? I'm just curious want to see the articles myself hahah

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It's possible there's an mSD slot, but the back doesn't appear removable. There's no indication of one from the renders, even lightened in PS.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is the article about Verizon making an unkown announcement at CTIA on MAY 22: Verizon teases a ‘special announcement’ coming May 22 at CTIA | Android Community

I don't think they will wait that long to announce/release the Lumia 928. It's probably for the S4 as the article mentions.

For Verizon to send out invitations for a special announcement by the Chief Operating Officer seems a bit much for the release of the Nokia 928. I would think this is something different - maybe a change on their contract plans or network improvement/changes. But then again, what do I know?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
May 22nd seems a little far out but I know they are having some issues with it.

i am going to correct my statement :) The announcement is May 22nd at CTIA - but i wonder if its actually for the S4 - but again, as someone has said, seems a little over the top for a product announcement - but you never know.
Now., if the S4 is going to be released end of may, then 928 needs to be released before then to have a chance of being seen by joe public, or else it will be trampled by the media hype around the S4.

I'd be curious to see what "they are having some issues with it" means when referring to the 928....hopefully minor ones so that it can be rectified and back on the path of being released SOON :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
is it just me or does the white look NICER than the black did? :)

Also - notice that the black/white images leaked today by @evleaks have a completely different homescreen til layout and the red even looks darker?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
They're just minor issues like getting visual voicemail to not be the most awful thing ever, etc. etc. Stuff that isn't really the phone's fault, but they want fixed on VZW's end before it launches.

As for May 22nd, I haven't received any official word but I believe it will be our plans to uncarrier ourselves.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a theory. I think these back shells will be interchangeable as they are with the 810/820. If you look at the images that have been released, there is no hardware element that disproves this. As far as I know, no top images have revealed a sim or SD door. The seam along the 928 looks just like my 810. There's really no reason to have that tiny black bezel as far as I can tell if it's a PC unibody. This, of course, opens the possibility of sd and replaceable battery. Again, just a theory.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
They're just minor issues like getting visual voicemail to not be the most awful thing ever, etc. etc. Stuff that isn't really the phone's fault, but they want fixed on VZW's end before it launches.

As for May 22nd, I haven't received any official word but I believe it will be our plans to uncarrier ourselves.

could that mean group texting as well?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I love new phones as much as anyone. I have had the 822 and now the 8x. I just can't imagine why anyone on Verizon, that already has one of the other WP's, would upgrade to this. A slightly larger screen, better camera and that is about it, as far as an upgrade???? Sure, someone new to WP on Verizon might pick this up, but compared to the 822 and 8X, it's not really an upgrade. And yes, I could easily get this phone on my business account, but have no desire.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
well for a lot of people it is just the 822 vs the 928 because they want the nokia support (apps and updates).

although I agree its not a huge stepup, in comparison to the 822, you get a bigger screen, HD screen, best smartphone camera, wireless charging included (?), the most updated nokia software (822 has a thread about being a little buggy.. random restarts, freezes, etc).

although I will say if 928 is >= $100 and 822 is still free, im going to have a tough choice of which phone to get.

EDIT: I see you said upgrade from 822 or 8x.. yeah I don't know why someone would do that.. unless you just got money in da bank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster