Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love new phones as much as anyone. I have had the 822 and now the 8x. I just can't imagine why anyone on Verizon, that already has one of the other WP's, would upgrade to this. A slightly larger screen, better camera and that is about it, as far as an upgrade???? Sure, someone new to WP on Verizon might pick this up, but compared to the 822 and 8X, it's not really an upgrade. And yes, I could easily get this phone on my business account, but have no desire.

Do you not remember the furor when the Verizon customers realized that they wouldn't be getting the 920? This is our chance to finally get it. Just the camera alone makes it worth it. That combined with the fact that this is a damn sexy phone will be very tempting!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm just saying, I can't see anyone that already has a WP on Verizon getting the 928, unless your like me and have money in da bank, hahaha (no, I manage a business account and have various upgrades available on different lines). If it helps increase WP market share on Verizon, awesome. And yes, it's a good looking phone, but the 8X is SEXY. lol

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm just saying, I can't see anyone that already has a WP on Verizon getting the 928, unless your like me and have money in da bank, hahaha (no, I manage a business account and have various upgrades available on different lines). If it helps increase WP market share on Verizon, awesome. And yes, it's a good looking phone, but the 8X is SEXY. lol

I have a trophy and plan on getting the 928 =P

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I love new phones as much as anyone. I have had the 822 and now the 8x. I just can't imagine why anyone on Verizon, that already has one of the other WP's, would upgrade to this. A slightly larger screen, better camera and that is about it, as far as an upgrade???? Sure, someone new to WP on Verizon might pick this up, but compared to the 822 and 8X, it's not really an upgrade. And yes, I could easily get this phone on my business account, but have no desire.

From the 822 the 928 would be a big step up. Not so much for the 8X, but the 928 still has a better screen and camera. That is why I'm interested in going from my 8X to the 928, plus the possibility of more storage. I'm a bit nervous about Nokia quality after owning the 822 though. If HTC would release a version of the One running WP8 I would choose that over the 928.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting post in the Verizon white images comments, a post by BMC77 says "You probably here this all the time. But have seen launch docs. No other colors listed and yes 32gb and expandable memory."

Interesting if it is true but, again, no proof it's bs....

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting post in the Verizon white images comments, a post by BMC77 says "You probably here this all the time. But have seen launch docs. No other colors listed and yes 32gb and expandable memory."

Interesting if it is true but, again, no proof it's bs....

will it be launched in one color with back shells sold separately? Me thinks so!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, considering those that have the 8x and 822 have only had their phones for 6 months max you're probably right. No rocket scientist needed there. I think your mind is failing to grasp the reality of upgrade dates. Every day many people are up for an upgrade. I'm guessing those are the people that would most likely buy a 928.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm up for my upgrade on May 6th, so this is coming out at the perfect time for me. I tried an 8X, loved it, but I couldn't deal with the 16GB of storage, it was full almost as soon as I got it. The 928 should finally fit my needs of more storage and an HD screen, something the 822 & 8X can't.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm up for my upgrade on May 6th, so this is coming out at the perfect time for me. I tried an 8X, loved it, but I couldn't deal with the 16GB of storage, it was full almost as soon as I got it. The 928 should finally fit my needs of more storage and an HD screen, something the 822 & 8X can't.

We have the same exact complaint with the HTC 8X, 16gb (12 usable), was out of space within 2 days of getting the phone. Accept I have been out of a contract for 7 years now and wont due to keeping my unlimited data....

MicroSD, I might buy it on released day...... just 32gb, I will wait for a better deal off contract or just skip it and wait for the next one...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If this isn't announced on the 25th I can only imagine what these boards will say! Please Verizon come through and end our pain!

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree, that 16gb, and even 32 gb is not enough for storage for a flagship smartphone. Please provide sd card storage NOKIA!

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Music mostly. I have had a Zune/Xbox music pass since 2007, I have a lot. I just added 4 new albums in the last week. Even when pared down by syncing only playlists I regularly listen to it comes out to around 8 gigs. Streaming is a no go as there are dead spots I drive through regularly. Plus, why bother when I have countless hours of music I love ready to go?

I'm constantly managing the storage on my Trophy and with WP8 I have even more stuff I want to have on it, like offline maps and such. That's why I need more than 16GB on my phone. I would prefer an SD slot, as I have a 64GB card ready and waiting, but I can make do with 32GB.

I just want to know all the details now, so I can stop wondering. I really hope it's officially announced on the 25th.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I used to want to put all my music on my phone, but with the online options, I have converted mostly to online music. I use Xbox and Windows 8 and it does a pretty good job of streaming most of my music through xbox, and I have an xbox music subscription and love it. And of course, there is online solutions for pics and vids. But, I'm fortunate to have a good signal pretty much everywhere, and I have unlimited data. But still, I don't find streaming music, which I do a lot, to take that much data.

If you need gigs and gigs of storage, well hopefully the 928 has a microsd. But I would argue that the vast majority of people don't need more than 16gb. How many people are buying and using a 16gb Iphone or Android? I rarely hear apple users complain that they don't have a microsd card in their iphone.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 250 GB iPod and a second for my music. I only keep a few selections on my phone for emergencies. I have never had a problem with the storage on my trophy.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Business travelers want/need as much storage as possible. What can one store on the sd card? Let's see: GB's and GB's of Music, Several Full length movies. PDF Books, lots of photos. And many business poeple do not have access to data service on some flights...And another advantage of the sd card and replaceable battery, is that one can carry a spare battery, and pop it in when I need more power. Again, when you go 12-18 hours between chances to charge your phone, with heavy usage. You definitely want that option.

I used to want to put all my music on my phone, but with the online options, I have converted mostly to online music. I use Xbox and Windows 8 and it does a pretty good job of streaming most of my music through xbox, and I have an xbox music subscription and love it. And of course, there is online solutions for pics and vids. But, I'm fortunate to have a good signal pretty much everywhere, and I have unlimited data. But still, I don't find streaming music, which I do a lot, to take that much data.

If you need gigs and gigs of storage, well hopefully the 928 has a microsd. But I would argue that the vast majority of people don't need more than 16gb. How many people are buying and using a 16gb Iphone or Android? I rarely hear apple users complain that they don't have a microsd card in their iphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077