Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Guys. I am so excited for you. I don't mind leaking rumors and stuff but I signed my NDA for the 928 a week ago. I love you guys but Verizon has been very good to me so I gotta respect that.

This phone is the **** though.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys. I am so excited for you. I don't mind leaking rumors and stuff but I signed my NDA for the 928 a week ago. I love you guys but Verizon has been very good to me so I gotta respect that.

Interchangeable shells, removable battery, SD card. Ultrasuperfokking PureSploo camera. I'm sold.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I rarely hear apple users complain that they don't have a microsd card in their iphone.

Probably because Apple sells 16, 32, and 64GB iPhones. Options are always nice, even if the majority of people don't need/want them. Nobody NEEDED Nav in phones. Nobody NEEDED cloud services. Nobody NEEDED apps. Nobody NEEDED HD screens on 4-5" devices. Voice Command/Personal Assistants. Glass Screens. NFC. Wireless Charging. Now, people can't live without them. Companies offering more than the standards (See Nokia's Offline Maps/Nav) drive the industry. Just look at the HTC One. 4.7" 1080p SLCD3, 64GB Internal Storage, New Camera Tech, Zoe, Blink-Feed, Front Facing Stereo Speakers, Top Notch construction. Even if it doesn't sell gangbusters, it will drive the industry. That is good for EVERYONE.

~Ex

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Speaking for myself, if I were doing traveling and needed entertainment I would rather watch movies and TV shows on a tablet or laptop than on my phone. Watching things for long periods of time on a small screen doesn't do it for me. As for pictures I usually sync them off of my phone after a while so I never end up with gigs of them.

Music is probably the only thing I would need space for but at the moment I carry a separate mp3 player so I'm not too bothered about that either.

But with that said people have different preferences and extra storage wouldn't be a bad thing.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
will it be launched in one color with back shells sold separately? Me thinks so!

Not as worried about the color as much as "BMC77" said it has "32gb and expandable memory."

Crossing my finger this is true, as it would be epic.... Just think...96gb of space on a phone (can a modern phone take a 128gb MicroSDXC card ?)

johnnystu

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Man, I am so pumped!!

Does your NDA cover release info, or does it relate mainly to hardware?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread has said that the phone would come out a week or two after he sees the phone. We know that he has seen it and signed an NDA so hopefully it is right around the corner! I am so impatient!

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready to dump my iPhone 5. The funny thing is that over the last few weeks I've only been using it to check Twitter and this forum for updates on the 928.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Rumor or BS ? Nokia Lumia 928 has the first 1080p display on a Windows Phone 8 device ?

From site "Now winp.cn reports that @evleaks has claimed that Lumia 928 will be the first windows phone to sport 1080p resolution display."

Crazy Rumor: Lumia 928 to sport 1080p resolution display? | Nokiapoweruser

Submitted as a tip, wonder how true it is.... or just all the crap is coming out of woodwork before it's release...(25th ?)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
1080p at 4.5 inches is ridiculous. That is an honest turn off for me. Its just a waste of battery life. Plus isn't the screen 15:9?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
1080p at 4.5 inches is ridiculous. That is an honest turn off for me. Its just a waste of battery life. Plus isn't the screen 15:9?

Good question. I just saw it and posted it here. Better detail on images ? I will admit, in a 4.5" display, a 1080p display is not that differernt from a 720p display, most people would not be able to tell the difference.

I'm more interested in the rumor of a 32gb AND MicroSD slot....A long as it has a 720p display, I am happy but a perk would be if it has the GDR3 update WITH the FM radio support, that would be epic as well. I miss listening to baseball games on my phone :( I have a HTC Trophy around just for that.....(and games that are not supported on WP8 yet)

Would be interesting if it was the FIRST 1080p WP8 device tho...

the orginal source for the 1080p post...

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://winp.cn/portalthread-239258-1-1.html

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I just saw it and posted it here. Better detail on images ? I will admit, in a 4.5" display, a 1080p display is not that differernt from a 720p display, most people would not be able to tell the difference.

I'm more interested in the rumor of a 32gb AND MicroSD slot....A long as it has a 720p display, I am happy but a perk would be if it has the GDR3 update WITH the FM radio support, that would be epic as well. I miss listening to baseball games on my phone :( I have a HTC Trophy around just for that.....(and games that are not supported on WP8 yet)

Would be interesting if it was the FIRST 1080p WP8 device tho...

Oh I definitely agree with that. (I miss listening to morning talk shows lol). Ps: 720p would make it 16:9 as well lol. 1280 ? 768 would make it 15:9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99