Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Tom Warren likely knows much more than the average Joe. I have said this before, but the Verge and Tom specifically are VERY well respected by Microsoft and its PR team. He likely knows all about the new Lumia devices, but just like honestabe, he's embargoed on that info. If a leak pops up online, he often comments because the cat is outta the bag. To say Tom Warren knows "as much as we do" is incorrect.

Dude its in his job description. He tells us everything he knows, therefore, we know everything he knows. I highly doubt he is embargoed seeing that he and his company is in no way in any affiliation with Microsoft, Verizon, or Nokia.

I mean hey, nobody stopped him from revealing to is that the 928 has a metal body!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Urine *****. Reporters frequently work under embargo and Tom is one who does. I used to do PR for Microsoft, so I'm not making this ish up. How do you think big reviews hit the internet right when products are revealed? They magically get products and info seconds before they are announced and have time to do an in-depth review??? No thanks Jeff.

He tells us all the knows that he is allowed to share.

Dude its in his job description. He tells us everything he knows, therefore, we know everything he knows. I highly doubt he is embargoed seeing that he and his company is in no way in any affiliation with Microsoft, Verizon, or Nokia.

I mean hey, nobody stopped him from revealing to is that the 928 has a metal body!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Urine *****. Reporters frequently work under embargo and Tom is one who does. I used to do PR for Microsoft, so I'm not making this ish up. How do you think big reviews hit the internet right when products are revealed? They magically get products and info seconds before they are announced and have time to do an in-depth review??? No thanks Jeff.

He tells us all the knows that he is allowed to share.

I don't even want to know what your urine statement is, nor do I know who Jeff is.

So you are saying that they allowed him to share with us that the 928 has a metal body?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hhhhmmmmm....catwalk on Verizon too ? The main reason I was thinking 928 is because I need to be on Verizon. Now if the catwalk shows up at Big Red too...might have to reconsider. What do you guys think ? If you had the choice between catwalk and 928 which would you choose ? If EOS showed up on Verizon that would be a no-brainer.

Remember though - from the leaked pics of the catwalk - it does not have the xenon flash, which can be very useful.
So my money would go for the 928 if it had the xenon flash... but of course, if these things are equal , i would go for the catwalk simply because its a slimmer device...but i wont sacrifice slimness for the extra capability the xenon flash gives me.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't even want to know what your urine statement is, nor do I know who Jeff is.

So you are saying that they allowed him to share with us that the 928 has a metal body?

I'm done. He was reporting on a rumor by bloomberg "Bloomberg reports" Nokia unveiling Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, says Bloomberg | The Verge
Essentially, he was reporting on someone else's rumor.

He has already stated on Twitter that Catwalk will be aluminum and Laser/928 will not be.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
More rumor..... From Comments over at the Verge...

Nokia unveiling Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, says Bloomberg | The Verge

buxton
: For what it’s worth my buddy, an ex-Verizon employee now working in Redmond, swears VZW will be announcing the 928 on Thursday of this week (April 25th). I hope he’s right, as I know a few people waiting on the release to move up from 2-year old iPhone 4’s (not 4S).

Another 2 days...Hmmm Crossing fingers on the MicroSD thing....(because I will get it if it has it)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm done. He was reporting on a rumor by bloomberg "Bloomberg reports" Nokia unveiling Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, says Bloomberg | The Verge
Essentially, he was reporting on someone else's rumor.

He has already stated on Twitter that Catwalk will be aluminum and Laser/928 will not be.

Wasn't talking about that article. Nokia Lumia 928 to launch on Verizon in April with updated body and xenon flash | The Verge

I've stated that too. And I will say something else when I hear another rumor, nothing short of what Tom is doing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought that at first, but arent the localised adaptations usually lower numbers like 822. Plus are the verizon versions of phones usually this different? Its not just the body, its the screen, body, xenon flash....maybe even internal components and SD card reader....we dont know yet. It would be an off business choice to do that much R+D for one carrier in one country (even though US is big)
Think about this - is there any international Lumia that ends in a digit other than zero? For that matter, is there any other carrier in the world so far, besides Verizon, that has a Lumia with a digit ending in zero? (Yes, I know that TMO is going to get one, but they don't have it yet). No, 928 will not go international. Another thing to think about - what other carrier (besides Sprint) uses CDMA?

I personally don't put a lot of stock in what the Verge says regarding Windows Phone.
Yeah, I'm with you.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
David...let's keep our fingers crossed that we can pre-order on Thursday. I don't want to have to wait until the third week in May to get my new phone.

More rumor..... From Comments over at the Verge...

Nokia unveiling Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, says Bloomberg | The Verge

buxton
: For what it’s worth my buddy, an ex-Verizon employee now working in Redmond, swears VZW will be announcing the 928 on Thursday of this week (April 25th). I hope he’s right, as I know a few people waiting on the release to move up from 2-year old iPhone 4’s (not 4S).

Another 2 days...Hmmm Crossing fingers on the MicroSD thing....(because I will get it if it has it)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
David...let's keep our fingers crossed that we can pre-order on Thursday. I don't want to have to wait until the third week in May to get my new phone.

I don't plan on pre-ordering it. I will walk into a Verizon store with cash in hand when it comes in. I think I want a white or red one (leaning towards white) but we won't know till release about the colors and timing on them. I would like to physically see them both.

This, of course, all depends if it has the MicroSD slot, as I won't be buying it if it does not and will be very disappointed....crossing fingers that it does...

all should be known on Thursday, if the rumors are right, time will tell.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would actually be okay with that. 32GB and no SD is too little for me, but 64GB overall would be enough.

64gb OR 32gb with a MicroSD would make me get this phone. I dont see a 64gb model coming but, another poster here "claimed" he saw a document from Verizon saying that it will come with 32gb AND a MicroSD slot... Time will tell if he is accurate or not.

If it comes with 16gb and a MicroSD slot, I am pretty sure I will skip it....even that is too little space for me (You cant install apps and some content to MicroSD cards) and does not solve the problem I have with my 8x...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is some changing in the look of Lumia 928 and it's looking great.

Changing the look ? Now ? What do you know ? If they are NOW changing the look, we wont see this phone for another month or 2. If they are going to annouce the phone and release it a week later, they need to have stock for it.

Hmmmm....

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Changing the look ? Now ? What do you know ? If they are NOW changing the look, we wont see this phone for another month or 2. If they are going to annouce the phone and release it a week later, they need to have stock for it.

Hmmmm....

Ok DavidinCT. I think we all, and I mean ALL, of us just need to take a break from this for a bit. Just everyone calm down a bit. Take a deep cleansing breath.... snnniiiifffff..... phhhheeewwww..... ;-)

It's Friday, surely it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's just relax a min. Im wondering if people are going to start trolling seeing as how susceptable we are to ANY info. ;-)

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hmmmm....

I think Shellhari is referring to the difference between the 920 and the 928. The 928 has a new look, though they are essentially the same phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb