Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
32 GB should be fine for me if they fix the "other" storage reclamation issues.

They do a have a app for Nokia phones that will help with that and it will show what is using it... On current devices, the "Shrink Storage" app works if you have a very large other folder...

I'm another one who is done with the rumor mill on this device. When it drops, it drops, Maybe this Thursday or next...what ever... If every rumor comes to this device, it will be insane but, we know how rumors and device go....

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
personally I will continue to read every rumor on the se boards obsessively! I have already admitted to my impatience and the days without rumors or speculation are unbearable. Until this baby is released the rumors are all I've got!

Odin, I guess you and I will be reading a lot of rumors till this thing is released. There is a fix to this, all it would take is Verizon actually saying something. They could even say we don't have a release date because of whatever reason. Most people would understand that sometimes expected release dates get pushed back. But at this point what is so secret, it appears the whole world knows about the 928. So why not just say something. It is like Verizon executives spend all day reading these rumor forums and just spend their day laughing at all of us.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The 928 comes out tomorrow morning. The device will cook breakfast and provide flattering compliments for the first 100 buyers.

You're welcome.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
K, I'm going to try my hand at a release prediction! I predict the Lumia 928 will be announced tomorrow, April 30th, and will be available for sale on Thursday, May 9th.

I've been anticipating this for so long, that I predict I will want to wait until May 14th just to make sure there isn't something better right around the corner. I also predict that my impatience will almost immediately drive me to go ahead and pick up the 928 before the 14th rolls around.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
They do a have a app for Nokia phones that will help with that and it will show what is using it... On current devices, the "Shrink Storage" app works if you have a very large other folder...

I'm another one who is done with the rumor mill on this device. When it drops, it drops, Maybe this Thursday or next...what ever... If every rumor comes to this device, it will be insane but, we know how rumors and device go....

I heard it has an SD slot.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It has what appears to be an microSD slot, but it's actually a miniature waffle maker. Dispense batter with the included syringe, 2 minutes, add syrup or favorite fruit. Bam!

dhlim

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if this will have a gsm radio also? I travel internationally a lot and I would need a phone that I could take with me.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if this will have a gsm radio also? I travel internationally a lot and I would need a phone that I could take with me.

We don't know anything official, but all Verizon smartphones are global ready* so I'm 99.999% sure this one will be as well.

*There was a while when 4G devices just launched that the 1st gen ones were not global but now they all are again.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
A little tidbit I should share. So this delay in the release of the 928 has become weird since we have heard about the device for a long time now. I decided to do some sleuthing last week and logged into an old Android forum which I used to post on years ago and sought out an old member who worked for Verizon to see if he had info on the 928 (he used to post early details about Android devices back in the day).

Well after about a week he finally replied to my PM and the sad news was that he no longer works for Verizon, but he still had some contacts there. Unfortunately his contacts didn't know much about the 928 since they are low level, but the info he got was that the phone was supposed to be already out by now but the delay has been due to legal reasons.

That's all he knew and said.

Now I don't know what kind of legal reasons would hold up a phone but my best guess is that it could do something with the exclusivity on the 920? They are different phones though so I don't see why that would matter.

Or could another OEM be holding it up for some reason like a patent issue?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A little tidbit I should share. So this delay in the release of the 928 has become weird since we have heard about the device for a long time now. I decided to do some sleuthing last week and logged into an old Android forum which I used to post on years ago and sought out an old member who worked for Verizon to see if he had info on the 928 (he used to post early details about Android devices back in the day).

Well after about a week he finally replied to my PM and the sad news was that he no longer works for Verizon, but he still had some contacts there. Unfortunately his contacts didn't know much about the 928 since they are low level, but the info he got was that the phone was supposed to be already out by now but the delay has been due to legal reasons.

That's all he knew and said.

Now I don't know what kind of legal reasons would hold up a phone but my best guess is that it could do something with the exclusivity on the 920? They are different phones though so I don't see why that would matter.

Or could another OEM be holding it up for some reason like a patent issue?
Probably waiting on HTC to sue Nokia for copying their design. Oh, wait - that suit would go the other way - never mind. :wink:

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another thread legal reasons would make sense why there has been literally zero official details of this phone revealed. AT&T may be disallowing any official announcement by Nokia/VZN until the 6mos is completely up, as given the 928's technical superiority to the 920 an announcement would obviously have at least some material impact on 920 sales - with some potentially holding off on a 920 buy waiting for the 928 if the 928 were made official.

Hopefully next time Nokia will not restrict themselves to one carrier with their flagship!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, though, I would expect that if it were a patent issue, we'd hear about it through the press by now if that were the reason. I'd wonder if it were more of a contract type legal issue.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If it is a AT&T contract issue, there is the possibility of announcing the phone and having immediate availability on the same day if Verizon can pull it off logistically - on the date the contract expires.

I am not 100% buying that the phone was "delayed," as this phone apparently has a 60 million ad budget and there have been no ads leaked or ran. It really looks like given Nokia's constant denials of the phone's existence and VZN's silence that the AT&T exclusivity contract may be the issue. If that is the case, we are at the mercy of the AT&T/Nokia exclusivity contract expiration date.

I do have a suspicion this phone will be available to buy by May 9th latest... Too many people have their hands on it for it to be longer than that. We will see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea