Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

VN801

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If this helps maybe you're correct? I saw this in another thread...

"LucaNYC
Nokia 920 exclusivity with AT&T ends in MayApologies if someone has already brought this up. I just had a chat with AT&T support and thought you may be interested.

[AT&T representative - redacted]: Sure, how can I help?
[Me]: I bought a Lumia 920 as soon as it came out
[Me]: at the time they told me it could not be unlocked, and so it wouldn't for a few months
[Me]: do you have any idea of how long needs to pass before it can be carrier unlocked?
[Me]: i travel a lot so it makes a difference to be able to use another SIM
[Me]: (that's how I lost the iPhone one...)
[AT&T]: Can I have you dial *#06# from the device and verify the IMEI. I can certainly check on that for you.
[Me]: [redacted]
[AT&T]: It would appear that our exclusivity agreement between Nokia and AT&T, with that device, should be completed after 5/9/2013.
"

VN801

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If it is a AT&T contract issue, there is the possibility of announcing the phone and having immediate availability on the same day if Verizon can pull it off logistically - on the date the contract expires.

I am not 100% buying that the phone was "delayed," as this phone apparently has a 60 million ad budget and there have been no ads leaked or ran. It really looks like given Nokia's constant denials of the phone's existence and VZN's silence that the AT&T exclusivity contract may be the issue. If that is the case, we are at the mercy of the AT&T/Nokia exclusivity contract expiration date.

I do have a suspicion this phone will be available to buy by May 9th latest... Too many people have their hands on it for it to be longer than that. We will see.

You're probably right. Saw this in another thread...

"LucaNYC
Nokia 920 exclusivity with AT&T ends in MayApologies if someone has already brought this up. I just had a chat with AT&T support and thought you may be interested.

[AT&T representative - redacted]: Sure, how can I help?
[Me]: I bought a Lumia 920 as soon as it came out
[Me]: at the time they told me it could not be unlocked, and so it wouldn't for a few months
[Me]: do you have any idea of how long needs to pass before it can be carrier unlocked?
[Me]: i travel a lot so it makes a difference to be able to use another SIM
[Me]: (that's how I lost the iPhone one...)
[AT&T]: Can I have you dial *#06# from the device and verify the IMEI. I can certainly check on that for you.
[Me]: [redacted]
[AT&T]: It would appear that our exclusivity agreement between Nokia and AT&T, with that device, should be completed after 5/9/2013.
"

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me, that if the phone is able to be released as of the 9th, they would probably just wait a few more days to announce it at the London event. I can't see it coming before then.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Specs are up on the main page, but re-posting:

Improvements from 920:

10% less volume than 920 and 20g lighter
New "infinity design = beautiful screen and provides a better in-hand feel"
Xenon flash
better audio performance, louder higher quality speaker with new amplifier
Dolby headphone audio enhancements
OLED display
Detailed Specifications

dimensions: 5.24x2.71x0.44 inches
weight: 5.7 ounces
Global Ready
1.5GHz dual core Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR, 1GB Ram
4.5" WXGA HD OLED, 334ppi
f/2.0, 26mm OIS camera
distortion free audio recording up to 140db
8MP 4:3 or 7.2MP 16:9
Xenon flash
LED light for video
1080p video capture @30fps
usual radios
2000mAh battery
32gb internal memory (no micro sd)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me, that if the phone is able to be released as of the 9th, they would probably just wait a few more days to announce it at the London event. I can't see it coming before then.

No, Verizon is going to announce this - it won't be announced by Nokia in London. I'll eat a 16 ounce ribeye if I'm wrong. I'll eat a slab of babyback ribs if I'm right.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
aligns with what "I sh*t karma" said on Reddit...

Specs are up on the main page, but re-posting:

Improvements from 920:

10% less volume than 920 and 20g lighter
New "infinity design = beautiful screen and provides a better in-hand feel"
Xenon flash
better audio performance, louder higher quality speaker with new amplifier
Dolby headphone audio enhancements
OLED display
Detailed Specifications

dimensions: 5.24x2.71x0.44 inches
weight: 5.7 ounces
Global Ready
1.5GHz dual core Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR, 1GB Ram
4.5" WXGA HD OLED, 334ppi
f/2.0, 26mm OIS camera
distortion free audio recording up to 140db
8MP 4:3 or 7.2MP 16:9
Xenon flash
LED light for video
1080p video capture @30fps
usual radios
2000mAh battery
32gb internal memory (no micro sd)

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Well the wait is over. For me anyway. Bought a Nexus & switched to T-Mobile. I was pretty much a tailor-made customer MS should dream about: wanting to be different than the Apple/Google fanboys, disappointed w/ first smartphone/Android experience, even going so far as to lurk here for months pining for an update. And Verizon blew it. Between their CIA-like secrecy, overpriced plans, hideous bloatware..good riddance. T-Mo in addition to having great plans, seems totally fine for coverage at least where I am (I realize your mileage may vary there).
Best of luck to you guys (and Nokia - competition is always a good thing!); maybe our paths will cross again in a couple years.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well the wait is over. For me anyway. Bought a Nexus & switched to T-Mobile. I was pretty much a tailor-made customer MS should dream about: wanting to be different than the Apple/Google fanboys, disappointed w/ first smartphone/Android experience, even going so far as to lurk here for months pining for an update. And Verizon blew it. Between their CIA-like secrecy, overpriced plans, hideous bloatware..good riddance. T-Mo in addition to having great plans, seems totally fine for coverage at least where I am (I realize your mileage may vary there).
Best of luck to you guys (and Nokia - competition is always a good thing!); maybe our paths will cross again in a couple years.

Seriously? You couldn't wait another week or so? I don't think Verizon, nor Nokia, are the problem here. Me thinks it's lack of patience. But, having said that, hopefully you'll get what you want out of what you got.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077