Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
A1Z1sBR.jpg

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
There is supposedly a Verizon event in NYC on May 7th though I have not confirmed this. Im not sure if the billboard is real or not. It could have been accidentally put up in advance but... I could see advertising"the best smartphone camera period.". But to single out low light seems to be saying that something else is better at all other times.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Billboards have about a 2-3 week lead time, so that would make me think that the phone was supposed to launch this last week, and a last-minute delay made it so the billboard went up without a launched phone...

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
There is supposedly a Verizon event in NYC on May 7th though I have not confirmed this. Im not sure if the billboard is real or not. It could have been accidentally put up in advance but... I could see advertising"the best smartphone camera period.". But to single out low light seems to be saying that something else is better at all other times.

Word on the internet's is that the may 7th event is for the z10.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If this billboard slipped out, expect to see print ads in magazines. Magazines print 2-3 weeks before they hit mailboxes. If a billboard went up, I imagine we'll see other print ads Imminently.

this is all contingent on Microsoft buying magazine media.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If this billboard slipped out, expect to see print ads in magazines. Magazines print 2-3 weeks before they hit mailboxes. If a billboard went up, I imagine we'll see other print ads Imminently.

this is all contingent on Microsoft buying magazine media.

The billboard is fake

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Its fake ? Well.. good/simple PS job then :) Regardless, it should be coming out soon..

I am still very interested in how they plan on pricing this thing along side the GS4 ...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The billboard is real but that is not to say that the ad is actually on it. Someone in the area needs to check this out for us. It is located in Oakland, CA on MLK Jr. Way & 41st NW facing south.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
fwiw heres a different set of pics of the 928 as seen this past week in NYC
It shows the top edge and the bottom edge of the phone...nothing on the bottom and the micro usb and headphone on top.

Lumia 928 Real But Not Unveiled NYC Event - Nokia Innovation : Nokia Innovation

Also - if you look at mynokiablog.com, you will see they are quoting a "verizon insider" as being told that there is a May 7th event in NYC to announce the 928.
we'll see soon enough :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
fwiw heres a different set of pics of the 928 as seen this past week in NYC
It shows the top edge and the bottom edge of the phone...nothing on the bottom and the micro usb and headphone on top.

Lumia 928 Real But Not Unveiled NYC Event - Nokia Innovation : Nokia Innovation

Also - if you look at mynokiablog.com, you will see they are quoting a "verizon insider" as being told that there is a May 7th event in NYC to announce the 928.
we'll see soon enough :)

http://mynokiablog.com/2013/05/04/lumia-928-possibly-launching-may-7th-at-a-verizon-event-in-nyc/

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The billboard is real but that is not to say that the ad is actually on it. Someone in the area needs to check this out for us. It is located in Oakland, CA on MLK Jr. Way & 41st NW facing south.
you can call Matt Molina at 510-559-1149 however to CBS number and location doesn't match he will be able to confirm it

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the CBS Outdoor website and looked up that billboard number. After checking state by state I finally found it. Now if there were only a windows phone fanatic in the area that could take a look at it...

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
The location of the billboard is right by what is apparently a busy quick oil change. Probably a good spot for people to actually stop and read it. If it isn't faked.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
i saw the "actual nokia..." text below the image too. by that do they mean the image on the screen of the phone was actually taken by the lumia 928's camera? or do they mean the product images you see are of the actual lumia 928 and not renders?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro