Lumia 928 FINALLY LEAKED!!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
oh Guys.. leave David alone pls.. he would be already gutted.. Now he has to decide whether to buy this or not.. May be EOS is the 199 dollar option.. but Verizon is always slow to get new phones.

I wasn't trying to poke fun at him. It was a serious question. I'm interested what he's going to do now that we officially know.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
DavidinCT, no MicroSD. You still going to get it?

Part of me says yes and the other says no ! I might pick it up as I have been waiting for high end WP8 device on Verizon. I am a little disapointed on the lack of expandable storage but, my 8X with 16gb is too limited. I guess 32gb will give me more room to work with, No I can't take 30gb of music with me like I wanted to but, it will allow me to have more content on my phone so I guess it's ok for that.l

So, if they question is Will I pick it up on release day, No. If it did have the SDslot, I would of been waiting for the Verizon store to open on the 16th to pick it up.

At this point, I will wait till I see it and hold it then think about it more. I might just wait a few weeks to pick one up used for a good price.

Still kind of happy to hear the news...finally

Anyway about it, If I get it, it will be off contract, Do we have an offical price on the off contract price yet ?

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Part of me says yes and the other says no ! I might pick it up as I have been waiting for high end WP8 device on Verizon. I am a little disapointed on the lack of expandable storage but, my 8X with 16gb is too limited. I guess 32gb will give me more room to work with, No I can't take 30gb of music with me like I wanted to but, it will allow me to have more content on my phone so I guess it's ok for that.l

So, if they question is Will I pick it up on release day, No. If it did have the SDslot, I would of been waiting for the Verizon store to open on the 16th to pick it up.

At this point, I will wait till I see it and hold it then think about it more. I might just wait a few weeks to pick one up used for a good price.

Still kind of happy to hear the news...finally

Anyway about it, If I get it, it will be off contract, Do we have an offical price on the off contract price yet ?

see the other thread but is 499.99 off contract per my corp. rep.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The MicroSD omission bothers me, though I haven't filled my Trophy up so I should be okay. I think I would have preferred bottom mounted speakers versus the goofy oval thing...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
see the other thread but is 499.99 off contract per my corp. rep.

Really. Oh hells yeah then. I can tell the wife "$650 for a new phone" then say, "just kidding, doesn't $500 sound better?"

edit: has anyone with the old unlimited plan gotten internet sharing to work on WP8 -- minus the extra $20? Works fine on the Trophy, can be really handy (I don't use it much, but when I do, my Trophy is the most interesting phone...).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The MicroSD omission bothers me, though I haven't filled my Trophy up so I should be okay. I think I would have preferred bottom mounted speakers versus the goofy oval thing...

I never came close to filling my Trophy, but I'm butting up against the limit on 822 with the same storage. And that is with all of my music and pictures on the MicroSD. The WP8 OS takes more of the storage space. But also, the "Other" storage issue is part of it, too, and hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
32GB should be enough for most people i think especially since you can have Nokia Music for streaming music... for FREE :)

Streaming music for free isn't the issue with the people that are desperate for a SD card, I believe. XBox music is also free streaming with service. What I believe most people have an issue with is the data plan that they are on. If not on an unlimited data plan then streaming music and video constantly is not a viable option as they would burn through their data rather quickly. So an SD card helps them with not having to burn their data plan as the they can store music, photos and such on the card and not have to stream.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Really. Oh hells yeah then. I can tell the wife "$650 for a new phone" then say, "just kidding, doesn't $500 sound better?"

edit: has anyone with the old unlimited plan gotten internet sharing to work on WP8 -- minus the extra $20? Works fine on the Trophy, can be really handy (I don't use it much, but when I do, my Trophy is the most interesting phone...).

Yes I have tethering working on the Trophy. The guide is posted on XDA, you can't post it here.

I don't think it will work with the 928 though because of the LTE. It may work for 3G tethering, have to wait and see.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Streaming music for free isn't the issue with the people that are desperate for a SD card, I believe. XBox music is also free streaming with service. What I believe most people have an issue with is the data plan that they are on. If not on an unlimited data plan then streaming music and video constantly is not a viable option as they would burn through their data rather quickly. So an SD card helps them with not having to burn their data plan as the they can store music, photos and such on the card and not have to stream.

i see your point - and i have had two phones with 16GB onboard and 16GB SD cards in both... and never filled either one... i dont keep my music on there long term, i keep a couple of movies, and i have downloaded US, UK and some asian countries maps... I still have plenty of space, so i am wondering what use case requires >32GB...
enlighten me:)

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i see your point - and i have had two phones with 16GB onboard and 16GB SD cards in both... and never filled either one... i dont keep my music on there long term, i keep a couple of movies, and i have downloaded US, UK and some asian countries maps... I still have plenty of space, so i am wondering what use case requires >32GB...
enlighten me:)

For me having 32GB or even 16GB are not an issue for me, Before I broke my 8x with 16GB, I still had half my storage left. I have unlimited data, so having to store music and photos on the phone for me were never an issue. As I really don't care how much I stream. I rely on XBox Music for streaming music and skydrive for streaming everything else. An SD card for me is a nice option on a phone, but not needed at least as long as I have unlimited data. I just wanted to give you one scenario of why people want an SD card. It is somewhat forced on them by their carrier with their data tiers. I can tell you that if I was forced to have to store my music and photos on my phone, than 32GB is no where near the amount of space that I would need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6