Nokia 920 - Looping Boot

hank_marvin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is stuck in a boot up loop, black nokia screen > blue screen > black nokia screen > blue screen > ................................ . it was sitting on the charging plate overnight.

any way out of this, vol down and power doesn't fix it.

does the 3 button reset erase data? vol down, power and camera?

if it does im not sure if I want to and would be better off sending it to nokia where they might be able to fix it without a full data loosing reset. Or is that not possible?

Thanks

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine did this for agges. Problem was it was really hot. Tried letting it cool then soft resetting it a couple times till it turns back on.
Also just waiting might work (its happened a few times to me)

hank_marvin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah I was going to wait a bit but it's not at all hot.

If I have it plugged in to power or on plate it will just loop and loop where just on battery it will gang on blue screen once and then turn off.

anyone confirm if the storage drive on the 920 is accessible to recover?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
hank_marvin: try holding power, vol down and camera button untill the phone vibrates. Hopefully this will help. If not there is another possible solution, search for it in the forums, u have to hold vol down, then up, then camera... don't really remember the whole procedure, but it is written down.
Finnally, u might want to try to restore the phone with Nokia Care Suit. If all this fail u return ur unit and ask for a replacement.

hank_marvin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried vol down, power and camera but that seems just the same as 2 button reset, will try that vol down, up and cam one, I did read about it, I guess that one factory resets.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
If nothing else works i guess you'll have to hard reset it.

Turn off phone
press and hold Volume Down and Power when the phone vibrate release Power and keep hold Volume Down until " ! " show on screen
and then press Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down > Done.

This will cause you to lose all your data.
If you send it to nokia they'll just do this anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss