ATIV S video issues?

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I've had my ATIV S since late January, after upgrading from an HD7. I've got a 64GB SanDisk class 10 MicroSD in it too.

OK, the issue I have is that video recording on my ATIV S is absolutely rubbish :( For example, I took a 30 sec video of my 17 month old son on a swing this morning and the phone only recorded 3 secs of actual video, the sound is there, but no video.

That is the worst it's been to be honest, but it regularly skips 1-2 secs at a time when recording any length of video.

I have tried setting the default video save location back to the phone memory instead of the SD card, but it makes no difference. I even tried reducing the recording to 720p (as my old HD7 did faultlessly) and it still skips.

Has anyone else suffered from this?

I'm on:
OS version 8.0.10311.204
Firmware Revision 2424.12.11.7
Hardware Revision 15.15.1.0
Radio 2424.12.11.5

I normally run with Data disabled and WiFi active if that makes any difference (not that I think it does!)

Cheers guys

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds really odd. No such issues here. Only small video stutters a few days ago when a few large background downloads were running.

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I've got a dodgy one then! Unless it's something I've got installed updating in the background or something...

I'll have a play around with disabling stuff and will post back if I have any joy.

Other than that, I'll see what it's like when the new update arrives (hopefully we'll get the update you Bell users are getting over here...)

pdixon0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Should've posted back on this sooner. Have managed to sort the issue by setting BOTH photo and video to be saved to phone memory.

I had to set both as setting video alone actually made no difference!

Wierd! Hopefully an update will fix this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs