Lumia 720 Philippine Users

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
hi guys, just a question... what is the apn settings for smart so i can have hspda+
Are you in prepaid? APN settings are suppose to be there when you insert a sim. HSDPA/HSDPA+ will depend on your location. APN is mandatory when you are using internet sharing.

Smart

APN settings for Mobile
  • username: (blank)
  • password: (blank)
  • APN name: internet(prepaid/postpaid)
You can also use Smartbro sim, APN name: smartbro

APN settings for Wireless Dongle
  • APN name: smartbro

Globe Telecom
APN settings for Mobile and Wireless Dongle
  • APN name: (postpaid) internet.globe.com.ph / (prepaid) http.globe.com.ph

Sun Cellular
APN settings for Mobile
  • APN name: minternet
APN settings for Wireless Dongle
  • APN name: fbband

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Strange... better have it checked in Nokia care. They will replace it if found defective.

Where did you buy yours? Mine has some lag time (loading screen) on some apps or settings at times, not consistent though. Couldn't see the gap you mentioned, maybe a factory defect?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Strange... better have it checked in Nokia care. They will replace it if found defective.
I'm fine with the gap..I already have a good hardware except for that one. With my experience regarding replacements it is hit or miss. As long as no random reboot I'm fine.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Sample Pictures:

Default camera settings. Flash off, lightning assist off.
WP_20130417_001.jpg
WP_20130417_002.jpg

ISO 800 rest all auto/default. Flash & light assist off
WP_20130417_007.jpg

ISO 100 rest all auto/default. Flash & light assist off
WP_20130417_006.jpg

Default. Flash & light assist off
WP_20130417_004.jpg

ISO 400 rest all auto/default. Flash & light assist off
WP_20130417_005.jpg

Last edited:

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
night images are blurry. were you shaking your hands? did you take the photos using the camera hardware key or tap on screen to take photos?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
My hands are shaking when I take the night shots, have 3 cups of coffee yesterday. I only upload photos taken using hardware keys.

I forgot to use nightmode. I'll retake later on night mode on and with steady hands.:winktongue:
night images are blurry. were you shaking your hands? did you take the photos using the camera hardware key or tap on screen to take photos?

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
it's 200% better to take photos via touching the screen as that ensures no blur in almost all photos and focus is done 100% correct that way as well.

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've bought a White Hot Lumia 720 two days after its release here in the Philippines. It's very gorgeous and I'm in love.

Just wondering, do you put a screen protector or a case on it?
I don't have any and I'm not planning to put one but I'm still having doubts about getting scratches form this Gorilla Glass.
Thanks!

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, do you put a screen protector or a case on it?
I don't have any and I'm not planning to put one but I'm still having doubts about getting scratches form this Gorilla Glass.
Thanks!

What for? I'm waiting for the backplate just to add some bulk and weight..it's too light.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have found a glitch 4 days ago. I was trying to find a good wifi spot at Megamall just to update my Bing lockscreen background, when I pressed the lock button 3 times the my lockscreen turns to an orange stuttered screen.

Another one that annoys me is when you are on app and music moved to next song there is a lag for about 2-3 seconds. You can easily notice the lag as screen and capacitive keys becomes unresponsive.

How was PH WPMarketplace apps & games collection? Do we already have Xbox Live game support? I am still using US and still have no plans to swith without XBLG support.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have found a glitch 4 days ago. I was trying to find a good wifi spot at Megamall just to update my Bing lockscreen background, when I pressed the lock button 3 times the my lockscreen turns to an orange stuttered screen.

Another one that annoys me is when you are on app and music moved to next song there is a lag for about 2-3 seconds. You can easily notice the lag as screen and capacitive keys becomes unresponsive.

How was PH WPMarketplace apps & games collection? Do we already have Xbox Live game support? I am still using US and still have no plans to swith without XBLG support.
No offense to SM, but the WiFi there sucks. So, there goes your lock screen.
And, yes, the Philippines does have XBL support.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No offense to SM, but the WiFi there sucks. So, there goes your lock screen.
And, yes, the Philippines does have XBL support.
I know SM always sucked..lol..as I have already mentioned on OP i have owned a L800 before, I downloaded an XBL Game..but it didn't show up in Games collection it just taked the memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb