Lumia 720 Philippine Users

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
change you ISO to 100, coz in auto, it will start from 32000.

Well yeah. I had a few problems since posting that, namely that the phone wont turn off (I started a thread about that here) then I reflashed it, and I tried installing procam again, unsuccessfully. So I can't do test shots. But even with the stock camera, the pictures seem worse, moreso for the FFC, it now produces horrible photos with red tint no matter what lighting condition. Sad really, I might go to a service center soon

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's good to know that there are quite a number of people here in the Philippines who owns a Nokia Lumia 720. I've been using my 720 for almost a month now and I'm loving it so far. I bought it at Kimstore for P11,400. It is priced at P10,880 recently.

Because I can't wait for the OTA update, I've updated the phone to Amber through Nokia Software Updater for Retail... so I had to re-install my apps and sync my contacts again. But it's okay. I'm very happy with the update because I really liked the Glance screen and the I'm glad that the update fixed the 'other storage' issue. The camera of the phone is also very good. Here are some sample shots taken using my Nokia Lumia 720:

WP_20130811_007.jpg
WP_20130817_008.jpg
WP_20130821_014.jpg
WP_20130824_033.jpg

rapriesse

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to amber using the suite, I all of sudden am stuck with E service. H has never been on since the update and Nokia deactivated the ##3282 field test. Rather disappointing, I like the phone and have a data plan so if it doesn't work on 3g this Lumia is useless to me.

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How'd you get the camera to take such great pictures? I'm jealous!

Just tweak the settings on the camera. Use closeup for macro shots, increase the exposure, etc... You can also purchase OneShot or install Nokia Pro Cam so you could get more out of the camera. :) The default camera takes good quality pictures but you could definitely improve it by using 3rd party camera apps with manual settings.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to amber using the suite, I all of sudden am stuck with E service. H has never been on since the update and Nokia deactivated the ##3282 field test. Rather disappointing, I like the phone and have a data plan so if it doesn't work on 3g this Lumia is useless to me.

Same problem here. I can't Switch to 3G or H. alwasy stock in EDGE. but sometimes after restarting phone, I get 3G and/or H but it's annoying to restart phone just to reach the said connection.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Musta mga kabayan!

Been using my 720 for about 4 months now. Experienced so much hassles from the first unit I had because it died and never been turned on again and when it got replaced the replacement suffered reboots and lags and had it repaired. Thankfully it works superb now. I think the OTA amber update will be coming this week to our 720's because it is listed as "coming soon" already.

Willy Yu

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
best case I found for 720 is the speck (copia -tagalog) with inner silicon and hard plastic outer lock, covers the edge,
about 350 pesos.

anyone use a screen protector? I found screen protector is rectangle that covers lcd and part of the bezel, I think its bec of the curved beveled edge which can't stick on with a screen protector

Kennethologist

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my wireless charging jacket from the Nokia store at SM north, they also have the silicone shell.

And if you can't wait for the OTA update, ya'll can head to a Nokia Care store near you to have your lumia updated to Amber. :)

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I already bought the last piece of silicone case at Nokia store (SM North). I hope they will re-stock soon. I want to buy a blue one :). Original silicon Nokia case is cheaper than the Capdase case...

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Got my wireless charging jacket from the Nokia store at SM north, they also have the silicone shell.

And if you can't wait for the OTA update, ya'll can head to a Nokia Care store near you to have your lumia updated to Amber. :)

How long will it take for you to have your phone again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077