Lumia 720 Philippine Users

riotnrrrdd

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi ! Has anyone went to a nokia care center for thier device to be updated ? Can you tell me where ? Coz i tried to have mine updated @ nokia care glorietta but they told me that they cant and it sounds so stupid

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi ! Has anyone went to a nokia care center for thier device to be updated ? Can you tell me where ? Coz i tried to have mine updated @ nokia care glorietta but they told me that they cant and it sounds so stupid

Dude..my 720 suffered BLUE SOD last Saturday. I went to NCC-North Edsa(Annex), I asked them to reflashed the OS first before going to physical check. I also asked the receiving clerk for GDR2 but he seems don't know either so I mention about Amber and he said ok.
After an hour I received an SMS from NCC saying my phone is ready for pick-up.
When I checked my device it is already in Amber.
If you want them to reflash your phone I'll advice you to visit the store 4 hours before closing, around 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

riotnrrrdd

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
i actually went there at 3pm , and when i asked the guy there about the update his face was like "HUH?" and said that they dont flash it manually and that i should wait for OTA and update it on my own WOW that's best solution i got ! ugghhhh

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i would like your recommendations on my dilemma.
im currently using a 1 month old note 2 and i've been contemplating if i want to switch to wp8. i have experienced the wp7 before and i have nothing bad to say about it. it's just that time the wpmarket only had 30k apps.

please give me your suggestions if i should switch or not.
also if ever i switch to wp8, which would be better the Lumia 920 with its ips LCD display or the Lumia 925 with the AMOLED display?
i would prefer a phone that has loud audio volume and at least has a decent to more than average battery life.

Additional question: Where do you prefer i buy a Lumia if ever? do you guys have an idea of the current price range of the devices?

would a lumia be a big downgrade coming from a note 2?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
i actually went there at 3pm , and when i asked the guy there about the update his face was like "HUH?" and said that they dont flash it manually and that i should wait for OTA and update it on my own WOW that's best solution i got ! ugghhhh

lol..mail Nokia Phils..if you have already installed pro cam, wait for OTA update. I can't download it now using proxy trick.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i would like your recommendations on my dilemma.
im currently using a 1 month old note 2 and i've been contemplating if i want to switch to wp8. i have experienced the wp7 before and i have nothing bad to say about it. it's just that time the wpmarket only had 30k apps.

please give me your suggestions if i should switch or not.
also if ever i switch to wp8, which would be better the Lumia 920 with its ips LCD display or the Lumia 925 with the AMOLED display?
i would prefer a phone that has loud audio volume and at least has a decent to more than average battery life.

Additional question: Where do you prefer i buy a Lumia if ever? do you guys have an idea of the current price range of the devices?

would a lumia be a big downgrade coming from a note 2?

I would suggest getting the 925 over the 920 if you don't mind not having wireless charging. WP8 devices are better in the usability and consistency aspect of the OS, plus its very fluid, very pretty, and it doesn't deteriorate over time like (some?) androids.

I suggest buying a Lumia in the Nokia Stores themselves if you can. I had some problems with non-official retailers in the past.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
We should have it. Nokia promised all Lumia devices are updated by the end of September

Amber is in Nokia Philippines' server right now. So, ang matagal lang talagang mag-test is yung mga andito sarin. Even sa server ng Amber availability, "Coming Soon" ang nakalagay, it means na nasatin na yung update, di palang officially tested by Nokia Philippines. That's why I decided to use NSU for Retail 3.0.8. XD

marktomjor

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Amber is in Nokia Philippines' server right now. So, ang matagal lang talagang mag-test is yung mga andito sarin. Even sa server ng Amber availability, "Coming Soon" ang nakalagay, it means na nasatin na yung update, di palang officially tested by Nokia Philippines. That's why I decided to use NSU for Retail 3.0.8. XD
Dapat nga meron long overdue na pero pag wala pa by this wk ibig sabihin mahina support ng Nokia Philippines dito satin
. pag ung NSU naman mabubura lahat ng save sa laro mas maganda na ung OTA

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
if i may also ask,

where are these nokia stores? anybody know how much i can sell my note 2 month old not 2 in greenhills?

I would suggest getting the 925 over the 920 if you don't mind not having wireless charging. WP8 devices are better in the usability and consistency aspect of the OS, plus its very fluid, very pretty, and it doesn't deteriorate over time like (some?) androids.

I suggest buying a Lumia in the Nokia Stores themselves if you can. I had some problems with non-official retailers in the past.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Finaly I have successfully downloaded Nokia Pro Cam..working great on my 720. On my initial test taking picture using hardware key and holding it while pic is in post processing resulted in a better output.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05