07-02-2013 02:42 PM
92 1234
tools
    I have an email from them stating the same and its an escalation personal that replied so its confirmed, exclusivity runs out on 9th May
    iboypx likes this.
    05-01-2013 09:21 AM
    I holding hope for a grey color unlock Lumia 920 by July! Nokia USA - customer service said they know "nothing" of a grey color Lumia 920 coming in July 2013! But it has to come sometime to the U.S. marketplace!
    iboypx likes this.
    05-02-2013 03:56 AM
    Grey is in russia & china, you'll have to hunt for one, Nokia has new phones coming out in the next few months, highly doubt new lumia 920 will be released then.
    iboypx likes this.
    05-02-2013 06:53 AM
    I holding hope for a grey color unlock Lumia 920 by July! Nokia USA - customer service said they know "nothing" of a grey color Lumia 920 coming in July 2013! But it has to come sometime to the U.S. marketplace!
    I have grey hehe, its available in thailand unlock full price
    05-02-2013 04:03 PM
    Yep this information is correct as I was bummed about not being able to unlock the 920 yet and I'm not paying $650-700 for the Rogers or unlocked versions outside the US. So I'm waiting to see if Nokia finally announces a Lumia 920 variant for T-Mobile on the 14th. And if the specs turn out to be true that it will only be available with 16gb of storage, then I'll just buy the AT&T version(red or yellow) and get the unlock code as it will be available then. But best case scenario is that the T-Mobile variant will be on par with other versions (32gb storage) and I will not have to go through that process especially since I can put $100 down and upgrade any time.(as opposed to waiting for my full upgrade in August 2014) Ain't nobody got time for that.lol
    05-02-2013 05:01 PM
    I found on another site that Lumia 920 may come in a dark green shell. This would be my second choice; but why does Nokia keep the grey color restricted. As most people know; international version will not work fully in any of the LTE carriers.
    05-02-2013 11:32 PM
    I am going to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 with bad ESN. Do you guys think I'll be able to get an unlock code? I will be using the phone with T-Mobile.
    05-04-2013 11:12 AM
    I am going to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 with bad ESN. Do you guys think I'll be able to get an unlock code? I will be using the phone with T-Mobile.
    GSM phones don't have an ESN, only CDMA phones. Did you mean IMEI?
    05-04-2013 12:50 PM
    so what's the code?
    05-04-2013 08:42 PM
    Not from AT&T. More than likely you're going have to buy it from unlock code sellers. This may or may not be illegal, so I am saying no more on this.
    05-04-2013 11:59 PM
    Not from AT&T. More than likely you're going have to buy it from unlock code sellers. This may or may not be illegal, so I am saying no more on this.
    Well the supposed six month exclusivity period should be ending this month, so you'll probably be able to get it from AT&T in a week or two.
    05-05-2013 02:23 AM
    Well the supposed six month exclusivity period should be ending this month, so you'll probably be able to get it from AT&T in a week or two.
    So exclusivity period will allow the ones that are on contracts to be able to unlock the phone?
    What about the ones that bought the phone for full price and are not on att?
    05-05-2013 02:57 PM
    So exclusivity period will allow the ones that are on contracts to be able to unlock the phone?
    What about the ones that bought the phone for full price and are not on att?
    I was actually talking about the ones who bought the phone for full price. I had a Lumia 900 and wasn't a customer, before the exclusivity period ended, they said they don't have an unlock code, then as soon as it was over, they magically had it and gave it to me without any hassle.

If you're under contract, then it's up to AT&T whether they want to give it to you or not.
    05-05-2013 05:02 PM
    If it was an AT&T phone and it's IMEI is blacklisted with AT&T then it also won't work on T-Mobile. AT&T and T-Mobile are sharing IMEI blacklists. It's probably stolen. Stay away from it.
    05-05-2013 06:16 PM
    I was actually talking about the ones who bought the phone for full price. I had a Lumia 900 and wasn't a customer, before the exclusivity period ended, they said they don't have an unlock code, then as soon as it was over, they magically had it and gave it to me without any hassle.

If you're under contract, then it's up to AT&T whether they want to give it to you or not.

So if I go buy the phone on May 9th, I can get it unlocked right away?
    05-05-2013 07:18 PM
    So if I go buy the phone on May 9th, I can get it unlocked right away?
    I would think so. Though I would check forums that day before buying to see if people who called in that day were able to get their unlock code.
    05-05-2013 07:32 PM
    I would think so. Though I would check forums that day before buying to see if people who called in that day were able to get their unlock code.
    Yeah that's what I'll do. It will be a great gift for end of semester :D
    PLGomez likes this.
    05-05-2013 07:57 PM
    This happened to me... Got this mail after contacting through Twitter and official page of At&t
    Hi F*****,

You and I were interacting on Twitter about the unlock code that you need for your Nokia 920. I just wanted to let you know that the date you were provided on May 9th is an approximation for when the code will be available. This information was not supposed to be provided because if we dont have the code for you on that date, you will be more upset with us. We will be able to unlock the device in June and if you would like to send another request then we will be able to assist you.

I am sorry for all of the incorrect information that you were given. There are customers that will jailbreak their phones if they need to use them before we have the unlock codes available. We do not encourage this and I would advise to wait until June so that you get the correct information and your device warranty is not voided.

We will not be able to assist with a device unlock for the Nokia 920 at this time and I apologize for all the frustration again.

J***, Social Media Manager
    myAT&T Social Media Team
    Check out our support center: AT&T Customer Service - Wireless, Internet, U-verse & Home Phone Support
    05-06-2013 08:35 AM
    This site promises unlocking our Lumia 920 for US$19,99. Onemanwireless.com. I've paid and I am waiting for my code. He is listed on ebay too.
    05-08-2013 08:00 PM
    This site promises unlocking our Lumia 920 for US$19,99. Onemanwireless.com. I've paid and I am waiting for my code. He is listed on ebay too.
    Good luck to you.
    I can't really wait to see what everyone says tomorrow since exclusivity will be over.
    05-08-2013 08:04 PM
    I just got mine, I ordered today from cellunlocker.net got the code about an hour later, not tried it yet
    Price was good only $15
    05-09-2013 05:17 AM
    I just got mine directly from ATT. No games, no hassles (today). Woo hoo! The wait is over!
    05-09-2013 06:13 AM
    I just got mine directly from ATT. No games, no hassles (today). Woo hoo! The wait is over!
    Are you att customer or did you buy the phone full price?
    05-09-2013 06:16 AM
    Are you att customer or did you buy the phone full price?
    Former customer. Went back to Tmobile USA. I paid my break (ETF) fee a couple months ago so I met the conditions for the unlock.

Update - as soon as I unlocked it asked me to update the Access Point app. Tmobile LTE was the only APN setting listed so I selected it. I now have MMS working and LTE in all it's glory. I'm in the Washington DC metro area. I'm so happy this was so easy. Well worth the wait.
    05-09-2013 06:30 AM
    Former customer. Went back to Tmobile USA. I paid my break (ETF) fee a couple months ago so I met the conditions for the unlock.

Update - as soon as I unlocked it asked me to update the Access Point app. Tmobile LTE was the only APN setting listed so I selected it. I now have MMS working and LTE in all it's glory. I'm in the Washington DC metro area. I'm so happy this was so easy. Well worth the wait.
    I'm 40 mins away from DC. I'm not att customer but their unlocking rules say if you bought the phone outright you can still get it unlocked?
    Also, did you call att or what?
    05-09-2013 06:34 AM
92 1234