HTC 8x Update

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last night after manually checking, I'm on Three UK - Not noticed any differences, not sure if it has anything to do with 4G as Freeview is being messed up today

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon rep the other day that HTC in short will be rolling out an update for 8X's in the U.S. Part of that update had to do with the reason I was calling: an error message stating "invalid SIM card" when I try to make a call or send text messages. I wonder if this update is part of that.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon rep the other day that HTC in short will be rolling out an update for 8X's in the U.S. Part of that update had to do with the reason I was calling: an error message stating "invalid SIM card" when I try to make a call or send text messages. I wonder if this update is part of that.

Interesting. Many have resolved that error with the tape fix. Me included.

Ansau

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I received mine yesterday.

The only thing that i notice is that they fixed the bug of non-bass when reproducing videos, streaming with beats audio off.

Zalcron

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got the update....first thing i noticed is when you push the volume rockers, it doesn't show what music is being played (i.e you can't pause, rewind, fast forward, skip to the next song, nor does it tell you the song/artist/album anymore). I DID noticed, however, that they put a "warning! volume can hurt ears" blah blah. So right now i'm not liking the update one bit, that is a feature i used ALL the time

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Is it me, or since the update, wifi is automatically turned off when in battery saver mode (and then you have to re-active it manually, what a...) ?

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got the update....first thing i noticed is when you push the volume rockers, it doesn't show what music is being played (i.e you can't pause, rewind, fast forward, skip to the next song, nor does it tell you the song/artist/album anymore). I DID noticed, however, that they put a "warning! volume can hurt ears" blah blah. So right now i'm not liking the update one bit, that is a feature i used ALL the time

I haven't had that happen since the update. I still get this formation and have to use the "stop the music" app to get rid of it as usual. I did get the volume warning however. ??

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Huh. It was available when I manually checked, but it seems that neither "automatically download" nor "tell me when" worked...
Didn't seem to bump OS version, still at 8.0.10211
Verizon, Michigan, US

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Huh. It was available when I manually checked, but it seems that neither "automatically download" nor "tell me when" worked...
Didn't seem to bump OS version, still at 8.0.10211
Verizon, Michigan, US

Same experience here. My phone seems a bit snappier, but I think that may just be because of the restart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte