Lumia 820 camera crash after picture taken

Sam Kennedy2

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I take a video and play it back, it crashes a few seconds in, but the sound still plays in the background. The Phone doesn't crash, just the visual of the video.
Also, whenever I take a picture, it takes 10+ seconds of looking at the photo taken to give me the option to take another. Even if I go out of the application and back onto it within that 10+ seconds, it still doesn't let me take another.
Can anyone help me out? My Lumia 820 is fully updated, and I've tried resetting the camera settings.

Marco Vigilante

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
do you have the mugen power battery 1800mah?
I've the same problem, every time I try to take photo after pressing the "photo-button" my lumia 820 crash and shutdown.
I think should be the battery but i'm not sure.....i'll ask to nokia care.

fkam

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

I have exactly the same problem. I think this is a software problem like a camera driver etc.
After several tries and errors, I found the one thing. Please try and see if this works.
Go to Photos -> settings -> Photos + camera -> Skydrive. Then disable automatic upload for both photos and videos.
I believe automatic upload for photos is turned on by default.
After I did this, I have not had the camera crash. I am hoping this can avoid the problem until Nokia or MS releases some patches.

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Try changing the setting of storing pictures to the 'phone' (instead of SD card). Mine was crashing as well and I changed the setting and the camera no longer crashes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb