why there is no update for nokia lumia 820 yet ??

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I probly will as ours are rolling out now but it seems unlocked phones are always last, which I'm sure peepz with contracts think is fair lol I don't understand y they can't do 100% in 5 days, I mean this country is tiny population wise! If a million peepz are on tha network tonight, what difference would it make if 10000 were getting updates???

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys update via phone or NCS? 1314 is already available on NCS but not showing on phone update.
I'm on ATT in USA so waiting for over the air update. I don't mind manually doing it if it comes to that, but I thought Nokia just took that option away from us??? Or did I misunderstand that whole thing.

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
YYeah I'm gonna do tha NCS thing if it doesn't happen by Monday

Let me know if it works and if you are on ATT. I have seen threads about Nokia Care Suite (NCS), Nokia Software Updater for Retail, and Navifirm and not really sure when you use one versus the other - and since Nokia recently took away the remote firmware availability, will any of those still work? Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks to this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nloading-firmware-still-possible-via-ncs.html and a few spare minutes, I tried to see if there was an update showing in NCS for my product code and there was not. It was still showing 1249, not 1308 or 1314. Bummer :(

productcodeandvariantnameandversion.JPG

Last edited:

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately it seems 2 b just n ATT thing!! U might wanna think about moving bro coz even in Aussie we hear nothing but bad about AT&T :(

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same thing is happening with mine. I have an AT&T 820 with no updates available on the phone or through ncs. I just unlocked my phone though, so i may try to update it to one of the uk roms so i can enable tethering. Does anyone now of a rom that's compatible with the AT&T bands? I don't want to lose lte functionality.

Traderhorn

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi have received 1308 update for my UK sim free 820 yesterday, now has storage check, seems ok, i have the feature to download
maps to SD card in the storage check, saves having maps on phone storage, i also have a 620 on 1308 update with map download.

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
not yet ktcred.

Every rom I've tried flashing my phone with says that it is not compatible. I've tried UK and china.

From what i've read on the 920, the way you do it is first by flashing a pre-portico canadian Rogers rom, then update as far as you can, then flash UK. Unfortunately, Rogers doesnt carry the 820, so so that doesn't work.

The 820 forums on XDA are pretty bare too, so not much help there either.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Its ridiculous that we're STILL waiting 4 n update that "technically" was released mths ago!! I'm in Aussie n my carrier reckons its been released n Nokia say it's released but STILL no update :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro