Help: Installing apps from SD card without Internet connection.

Shwetha

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I don't have Internet connection to my Lumia 620. So I downloaded an app (free app) from Marketplace to my laptop and copied it to SD card. App showed up in marketplace only after phone Restart. But, when I click on install, it says "Can't connect to network. Check your phone connection and try again." If installing from SD card also requires Internet connection, what is the purpose of providing this option?

Is anyone facing this problem or, is this issue with only my phone?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The point of this feature is to make life easier for those without WiFi, that must also make due with very small cellular data limits (a few megabytes per month). However, as you've noticed, your phone still needs a data connection. This is required so your device can verify that you've side loaded the latest version and that the XAP you've downloaded is legit (hasn't been tampered with).

WP "lives" in the cloud. If you've got no data connection whatsoever, then your experience won't be half as good. Another poster just made this point here.

Last edited:

Shwetha

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll be getting the data connection pretty soon. Nothing can keep me away from my Lumia!! :wink:

Sona Cool

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
i switch off my phone but still its need innternet...its realy very bad for us..firt download apps on pc then download same app on wp8 hmm its realy disgusting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05