Nokie lumia 920 : screen flickering+low light camera issue+strange colorful dots on the screen

Hashim Al Sakkaf

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first post in this nice forum.

I have lumia 920 white and i have 3 main problems:

1- Screen flickering and i gave it to nokia care and the replaced the screen but after short time it continue to flicker again so i gave it to them again and they replaced again but again after short time it continue to flicker again. So I asked them either to fix it completely or replacement. So they gave me nokia N86 while my phone is taken to Dubai where there main office in UAE are. ( I live in UAE). What you think guys? what I should I do? What I should tell them?

2- Camera problem at totally dark room. First to understand my problem please see this video:
an extreme nokia lumia 920 camera test in very low light!!!! - YouTube
in this video you will see a guy using lumia 920 in low light and the flash set to off and the focus light set to on but the picture will look amazing just as if you took it with flash or even better. The problem is that i tried this with my 920 but i just got dark photos. I went to nokia care (same day i went for screen flickering issue) and he asked me to try this with other nokia 920 (red one) I tried that in the lumia he gave me but it still the same issue even on of my friends in youtube have the same issue. so do you think the guys in video is lier or he used other settings or my 920 is defected?

3- Small colorful dots at the screen: this problem which i hate the most and made me feel bad for buying this phone instead of galaxy note 2. I see like a barrier of colorful pixels but it is very very small colorful dots that you can clearly see if you are displaying white pages. the problem is that i dont have camera to take picture of my phone to make you see it but I hope one of the guys who have lumia 920 and good camera to take picture of his screen when opening new tab in the browser(because it display jsut white page) and i saw a 3 yellow lumia 920 in nokia care with the same problem...

I'm waiting for your replies and discussions

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1) Update your display and touch QR%20Display%20+%20Touch.png

2) This video makes it seem like you can take pictures in a pitch dark room, but it's an illusion. Kind of. There needs to be some sort of light in the room. In his video , there is light coming from the camera he is filming with. That's why his picture comes out that way. The video is very real.

3) Not sure about this , sorry.

Last edited:

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Are the dots present on the screen during normal use, or in photos taken in the dark? If the dots only appear in the photos, they're known as hot pixels and is normal with any digital camera in very low light. The green issue is because the camera is set to night mode.

Hashim Al Sakkaf

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
well they are not dots i dont know what they are but they are so small colorful dots and u can see them when displaying light color. It is just if there is a barrier of dirt between the screen and the glass. i hope if anyone here have lumia 920 can take picture of the screen while displaying white page (not screenshot) with camera and I can show it to you.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
well they are not dots i dont know what they are but they are so small colorful dots and u can see them when displaying light color. It is just if there is a barrier of dirt between the screen and the glass. i hope if anyone here have lumia 920 can take picture of the screen while displaying white page (not screenshot) with camera and I can show it to you.

Did you used "wet apply" screen protection in your L920? If yes did you removed it?

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

do you get them in the camera viewer just before taking the picture ? If it is yes then these dots and grains do come under certain lights for all phones including DSLR's. And if ts no and your picture quality is getting affected then it can be dust caught up in the sensor..

Hashim Al Sakkaf

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I think you got it, it is not cause of the camera it might be dust between the screen and the glass but again i hope one can take picture of his lumia 920 screen

anon(5493437)

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think this video is a fake.
I've tried to make low light photos in dark room with a lot of settings and another apps as well many time but the result is dark pics. There is an important thing. To make this pics, we need light!!! Without light the pics going to be dark.
Nokia is a big liar!

abhishek9591

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey All, I am using Lumia 520. Same colored dotes are appearing on my screen too. While I access any application or main menu with light or Dark background dots always come in middle of the screen at left side. Please suggest as few days back I have purchased this phone. Should I go to nokia care for a replacement of screen, Or it is a bug or something else.

trautmann

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
1) Update your display and touch QR%20Display%20+%20Touch.png

Hello,
I also have the screen-flickering problem, in fact I replaced my 920 two times and all three devices had this problem.
Do you know for sure that updating this app will fix the problem?

Many thanks

Edit: I can't try it out, because I already returned the device.

John Gmt

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello!!
I have new nokia lumia 920. After amber update my Glance screen saw flash light from top to the botom,
with time on Display. Any solution for this? its bug!!

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I think this video is a fake.
I've tried to make low light photos in dark room with a lot of settings and another apps as well many time but the result is dark pics. There is an important thing. To make this pics, we need light!!! Without light the pics going to be dark.
Nokia is a big liar!
Nokia isn't lying in any way. Nokia talks about the best low-light camera perfomance in a smartphone. You see? LOW. LIGHT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster