08-10-2013 09:34 AM
73 123
tools
    It freezes with some apps.... (Facebook beta for example) and after i press Volume down and hold button, restarts, BUT DATE AND TIME GOES TO DEFAULT SETTINGS (1/09/2012) TIME 1.00. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME!

Could it be firmware issue? (Lumia 720).
    This does not seems to be right. I would take it back if I am you just that it can be checked out...
    06-05-2013 09:29 AM
    Thats the biggest problem, i am from Argentina and phone was bought on Ebay India....

Maybe a firmware update could resolve this, but my phone seems to be up to date....
    06-05-2013 10:13 AM
    i am facing some random reboots on my lumia 720 ,i t has happened 3 -4 times in 15 days
    any firmware update i needed , is portico update available for lumia if so where can we download
    06-05-2013 11:09 AM
    Hi, I am being encounter a weird problem with my lumia720 which I have bought a week back from flipkart. I have noticed that the resolution of the phone gets reduce with its own (everything is turn to 2X of its size.) when I spend more than 15mins on talk. This will get fine once you restart it. I have contacted the Nokia care and the advice me to hard boot it but NO luck .
    Please help.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Nitin
    06-06-2013 03:24 AM
    Hi, I am being encounter a weird problem with my lumia720 which I have bought a week back from flipkart. I have noticed that the resolution of the phone gets reduce with its own (everything is turn to 2X of its size.) when I spend more than 15mins on talk. This will get fine once you restart it. I have contacted the Nokia care and the advice me to hard boot it but NO luck .
    Please help.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Nitin
    Sounds like you've activated the screen magnifier.
    Try going into settings>ease of access>screen magnifier to see if it's enabled.
    mehta_nm likes this.
    06-06-2013 04:37 AM
    I loved my 720 straight away. Then the issues started! I transferred some pics from my computer. Started setting up my ring tones and then ZAP! The phone froze. I turned it off. Now it will not turn on. I have tried recharging but with no success. Would normally take the battery out and replace to solve a problem such as this but not possible with this phone. SIGH Thought this was going to be superior to previous Nokia 9 but sadly NO!!!!
    06-07-2013 02:48 AM
    I purchased a beautiful Nokia lumia 720 about a month back. Fell in love with this phone after using it. But now the phone started to behave abruptly
    Observed carefully and I think, it's basically doing the operations for the three capacitive buttons even if we nothing has been touched [Doing Fast app switching, pressing the back button, opening the bing ]. Have posted this issue in the following link - ' http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...matically.html'

The temporary fix suggested by one of the members works (Have been trying this for a day) -
    1- Goto Setting
    2-then Select Display+Touch
    3- and from here just Set TOUCH SENSITIVITY to Normal

But if the settings is changed then the issue reoccurs.
    06-07-2013 06:23 AM
    I loved my 720 straight away. Then the issues started! I transferred some pics from my computer. Started setting up my ring tones and then ZAP! The phone froze. I turned it off. Now it will not turn on. I have tried recharging but with no success. Would normally take the battery out and replace to solve a problem such as this but not possible with this phone. SIGH Thought this was going to be superior to previous Nokia 9 but sadly NO!!!!
    When this happens, do a soft reset. Hold and press down the power button and low volume rocker at the same time for about 8-10 sec. Works everytime. That should restart your phone.
    06-07-2013 07:03 AM
    You triggered the zoom function accidentally!!! Next time, just double tap it with two fingers..

This issue is present also in my sis 920. All of a sudden the fonts are blown up .. like zoomed out thrice the size in the display. Cant do anything until we restart the phone. Happens once in a day or two.
    06-10-2013 02:01 AM
    wer do i find the city lens?? i cant find it!!! nor is here maps working properly!!!!
    06-13-2013 06:35 AM
    wer do i find the city lens?? i cant find it!!! nor is here maps working properly!!!!
    You find City Lens in the Store under Nokia Apps section.

What is wrong with HERE Maps?
    06-13-2013 07:36 PM
    first i didnt face any problm bt nw i hv a gr8 lags and the transactions r prety slow... does anybody is facing this problms?? 1 week ago my L 720 was automatically switching off and on i took it to nokia care they jst simply did soft reset and it worked bt nw today morning i m facing another problm i jst clicked lock key and the screen jst goes black bt jst for a sec (happened only 1 time)
    06-13-2013 11:29 PM
    My lumia is just 5 days old ... frm the second day onwards im facing a problem wid my handset...All the 3 buttons will be accessed automatically evn whn my phn is on desk ... this will go for 2 to 3 times and finally stops at bing page...is this happened wid any one...?evn i did soft reset..but no use :(
    06-20-2013 01:21 AM
    My lumia is just 5 days old ... frm the second day onwards im facing a problem wid my handset...All the 3 buttons will be accessed automatically evn whn my phn is on desk ... this will go for 2 to 3 times and finally stops at bing page...is this happened wid any one...?evn i did soft reset..but no use :(
    Have you put a screen protector on it? If so, remove it and see if the problem persists. The screen is very sensitive and some screen protectors have been known to cause problems of this kind.

If you haven't put a screen protector on, then return the phone for a replacement.
    06-20-2013 06:39 PM
    guys i bought a lumia 720 yesterday. its a great phone but the photos that i took in dark at night with (artificial light) have a yellowish tinge/noise at the top. is this with eveyone or what
    06-20-2013 09:43 PM
    It's been two days, I bought Nokia Lumia 720 and I have been facing a problem with it. Occasionally, It turned off automatically but holding power and volume down keys for like 10 seconds the phone vibrates and reboots. So, is this a hardware problem or a software problem?.......

Please help me to solve this problem anybody??
    06-21-2013 01:17 AM
    It's been two days, I bought Nokia Lumia 720 and I have been facing a problem with it. Occasionally, It turned off automatically but holding power and volume down keys for like 10 seconds the phone vibrates and reboots. So, is this a hardware problem or a software problem?.......

Please help me to solve this problem anybody??
    I noticed that you have previously started a new thread about your issue (http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...matically.html). So why are you posting in this thread on exactly the same issue? It's not cool to spam the forums by posting the same issue in multiple threads. It also makes it difficult to help you because we don't know which thread to reply to.

It's likely to be a software issue. If you have recently installed any apps, try uninstalling them to see if that fixes the problem. Then you can reinstall the apps one at a time to see which one is causing the issue. If you haven't installed any apps, try a full factory reset. If the issue still happens, you may need to take the phone to a Nokia Care centre.
    06-21-2013 01:31 AM
    is there a way to lower the sensitivity of the built in microphone? i have bought a lumia 720 for my wife but i noticed that when using the speakerphone either by a normal call or skype call, there is a noise coming from the speakerphone. i think it is because the speakerphone is near the microphone which makes a feedback noise. is there any one who have the same issue?
    06-21-2013 02:30 PM
    Thank you sir..I didnt put any screen guard on it and sday i have given my phone in care centre..
    06-21-2013 11:29 PM
    Hi All !!
    I request you guys to pls look into below mentioned Issue also; It may be there in your devices too :(
    1) RAM Problem:- I installed two apps - insider & Phone Info; both apps show the RAM to be 395 MB in my L720. Is there any problem ?? What result do you guys have ??
    2) While surfing using IE on my phone, if I open more than 2 tabs & If I return from Tab No.3 to Tab No. 1; IE always reloads the tab !!! I never had any such problem with my L800(my previous phone) even when I opened 4-5 Tabs(though it became slow then);
    Are you guys also facing same issue or should I send my device to Nokia Care Centre ?? ( Although I love my L720 very much but the above problems have created Doubt in my mind :( )
    Pls help !!
    06-22-2013 02:01 AM
    I bought my lumia 720 a month ago, last week phone had suddenly switched off and couldn't turn on, i had took it to the service center after a day they returned it after fixing the problem, they said it was an update issue, today again ma phone has turned off and not able turn on... :(
    06-24-2013 01:53 AM
    Hi All !!
    I request you guys to pls look into below mentioned Issue also; It may be there in your devices too :(
    1) RAM Problem:- I installed two apps - insider & Phone Info; both apps show the RAM to be 395 MB in my L720. Is there any problem ?? What result do you guys have ??
    2) While surfing using IE on my phone, if I open more than 2 tabs & If I return from Tab No.3 to Tab No. 1; IE always reloads the tab !!! I never had any such problem with my L800(my previous phone) even when I opened 4-5 Tabs(though it became slow then);
    Are you guys also facing same issue or should I send my device to Nokia Care Centre ?? ( Although I love my L720 very much but the above problems have created Doubt in my mind :( )
    Pls help !!

1. The amount of RAM you're seeing is the 512MB less the amount of RAM required/being occupied by the OS itself. That's actually perfectly normal and is the correct amount of user available RAM on 512MB devices.
    2. Not too sure about the IE tabs but am guessing that it may be RAM related. Maybe there's not enough for the IE to cache more than a couple of tabs (depending on the websites) and so it has to refresh the tab 1 when you jump back to it? This is purely a guess on my part though.
    ashu11sharma likes this.
    06-24-2013 03:15 PM
    When ever i press camera button it takes me back to the main screen. Did hard reset and it took 1 hr and i had to do it again by pressing volume down and lock button. After hard reset still same problem, Pressing camera button but going back to main screen .
    08-10-2013 09:34 AM
73 123