Issues with 720

konai

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This behaviour is normal. The battery has a lot of capacity, so it takes longer to load it. BTW, when batteries are loaded slower, they will lose less maximal capacity over the years and months they are in use. :)

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
This behaviour is normal. The battery has a lot of capacity, so it takes longer to load it. BTW, when batteries are loaded slower, they will lose less maximal capacity over the years and months they are in use. :)
Tx man... makes me breathe at ease....!

Vikram Bane

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my remaining battery used to say 1day and sum hrs remaining at the start on a battery app, but since sum days its jst showing 21hrs remaining, wat cud be the reason for that?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my remaining battery used to say 1day and sum hrs remaining at the start on a battery app, but since sum days its jst showing 21hrs remaining, wat cud be the reason for that?

Are you asking why it's showing only hours now (and not days+hours), or are you saying it's stuck on 21hrs and doesn't change? If the former, then it's because 21hrs is less than one day. If it's the latter, try a soft reset (hold power + volume down for 15 seconds).

Or do you mean that with a full charge it used to say over one day remaining, but now with a full charge it says 21hrs remaining. This is because it using historical data on your usage to make more accurate predictions about how long your battery will last. Keep in mind that the time remain is just a very general estimate. The actual time you get could be much longer or much shorter depending on how you use your phone.

Ankit Srivastava

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to upload any vidoes to facebook/skydrive. It gives 'upload error' saying 'upload failed,tap to retry' . I'm using wifi which is working good for all other functionalities. Please suggest what the problem could be ? Also cant mail them as compression fails and asks to "try later".

Even uploading photos to skydrive failed with the same error. :(

Please help!

Vikram Bane

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have an unusual doubt, the slot where you insert ur sim, is it a bit loose when you remove it?
I mean when i removed it, the joint of the black plastic thing and the metal holder was moving a bit, not as strong as the memory card slot.
Also, on the top left of the slot (after its close) if i press it, it goes a little inside (very little, but i can hear an extremely small click sound), and it comes back if i press in the middle area.
wanted to know is it even a cosmetic issues , or m i bein paranoid? :O

wp8hereicome

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine today. Very nice phone until I try to make outgoing calls manually with the keypad :) My phone has decided that I can make calls from contacts and receive calls but whenever I try to dial manually with the keypad, the keypad does not show up and then after a few seconds it returns me to the live tiles screen. Anyone have seen this before? I need help big time !!!!!! Thanks!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine today. Very nice phone until I try to make outgoing calls manually with the keypad :) My phone has decided that I can make calls from contacts and receive calls but whenever I try to dial manually with the keypad, the keypad does not show up and then after a few seconds it returns me to the live tiles screen. Anyone have seen this before? I need help big time !!!!!! Thanks!

Sounds like there's some corruption with the dialer app. First thing to do is try a soft reset. Hold Power and Vol Down buttons for about 15 seconds until phone reboots.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately you might need to do a hard reset (Settings>About>Reset My Phone) and set up your phone again from scratch.

Sunnyh

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 720 10 days back. The experience is like hell, following are the reasons:
1.) Crashes (thrice)
2.) Battery draining very very fast (i have tried resetting the phone and other stuff...still the problem persists)
3.) Last but not the least....THE PHONE IS DEAD NOW. It happened today, no display, no charging...nothing. This is god damn ridiculous.

I am meeting the Nokia customer care center tomorrow and getting this phone replaced with assurance that this will not happen again, else i need my money back.

This is crazy, i have no spare phone also. Doomed.

wp8hereicome

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like there's some corruption with the dialer app. First thing to do is try a soft reset. Hold Power and Vol Down buttons for about 15 seconds until phone reboots.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately you might need to do a hard reset (Settings>About>Reset My Phone) and set up your phone again from scratch.

Hi OzRob,

I did not know there is an app for dialer but your suggestion was what actually transpired yesterday when I tried to fix the issue. I figured if it is a Microsoft product I can try fix it the Microsoft way, first by pressing the reset button (soft reset) and failing that, you "format" the whole thing (hard reset). Looks like there is another good thing going with WP, the solution to problems is same across all product lines!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 720 is having problem with the SD card storage

Folders I had created to put my pictures & music files keep disappearing. It would show up as I copy over to the SD, over some time it goes missing.
For pictures that do stay on, I had trouble editing them, or sharing it out.
Music files cannot be played, I would get error message when playing them
I had also moved my Map from phone memory to SD... and found I couldn't launch any HERE applications. At first I thought the SD card was at fault, so I put in a new card... the problem re-occurred. Any apps uses files from the SD card will not function properly or at all.

So finally, I formatted the SD card and I wont store any thing on it for now. The HERE apps now works!!

Looks like I'm taking it back to the shop. I suspect problem with the SD tray.
Damn!! Other than this, the missus find it a joy to use

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a followup...
A change to a higher speed SD card.... and viola.. all the things that was driving me crazy is... gone!!!
Lesson learned...

My wife's 720 is having problem with the SD card storage

Folders I had created to put my pictures & music files keep disappearing. It would show up as I copy over to the SD, over some time it goes missing.
For pictures that do stay on, I had trouble editing them, or sharing it out.
Music files cannot be played, I would get error message when playing them
I had also moved my Map from phone memory to SD... and found I couldn't launch any HERE applications. At first I thought the SD card was at fault, so I put in a new card... the problem re-occurred. Any apps uses files from the SD card will not function properly or at all.

So finally, I formatted the SD card and I wont store any thing on it for now. The HERE apps now works!!

Looks like I'm taking it back to the shop. I suspect problem with the SD tray.
Damn!! Other than this, the missus find it a joy to use

Haresh Haridas

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Nokia Lumia 720 on 28-04-13 ???..second day it died on me and was not turning on??.. went to the seller and he hard rebooted it. I asked him for a replacement as I bought this phone for my sister as a gift and she is moving to The States on 01-06-13 as the warranty is applicable in India Only?????? after few days it happened again?? I did the same???.after few days the volume rocker stopped responding and couldn?t lower my volume??? went to the seller he rebooted the phone??.. next day the same problem???.while talking on call people say that they cant hear me????. then after few days listing to songs the volume rocker stopped responding???. the seller told me that he will replace the phone if i had more issues and now he has completely backed out??.. I called customer care he said haven?t heard of such problem you should hard reset you phone you will be fine??? did that and still facing the same set of problems???

Nokia 720
IMEI:355911053950373
QLAN: C8D10BC419E0

Location: Thane, GB Road, Thane, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India-400615
Contact Info : Haresh Haridas
Mobile No.: +919833722334

27-05-13

Went to Nokia care they just hard reset it which I told them I have already done it before and still facing the same problem and found new problem with the phone??after switching off flash from camera flash is still on ??..blame game started between the seller and the Nokia care no one to take responsibility to give me a replacement??? they are saying it an OS issue will get an updated in 7-8 days???.. Its freaking hard to believe Just my phone has so many issues and rest of friends and people around who are using 720 are not facing any of such problems

Got a replacement form Nokia care?? but the new replacement which i got still has a flash issue when flash turned off its still click pictures with flash on??.. Is it a common bug for all Nokia 720 or just me getting lucky every time??

Don?t know it?s OS issue, will it get fixed in the next update?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Got a replacement form Nokia care…… but the new replacement which i got still has a flash issue when flash turned off its still click pictures with flash on…….. Is it a common bug for all Nokia 720 or just me getting lucky every time

As you're focusing the pictures, the flash does come on to help focus. If you click the three dots, click photo settings, and scroll down, there's an option for Focus Assist. If you switch that off that should fix the issue you're describing, if I'm reading you correctly.

Vishal Vasava

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
sometimes ders little lags in my lumia 720. no other issues faced by me.
bt cant upload videos on watsapp when i click videos it jst start video recording..

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im from Argentina but i bought trough Ebay, at indian store... "randeepsingharora"

The phone is great, but i have a problem, sometimes it says " INSERT A VALID SIM" "NO VALID SIM", could it be a software, hardware or a sim problem???

Regards from Argentina!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, im from Argentina but i bought trough Ebay, at indian store... "randeepsingharora"

The phone is great, but i have a problem, sometimes it says " INSERT A VALID SIM" "NO VALID SIM", could it be a software, hardware or a sim problem???

Regards from Argentina!!!

Reset the phone while your sim card is in the phone. Also is your carrier gsm or cdma?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to upload any vidoes to facebook/skydrive. It gives 'upload error' saying 'upload failed,tap to retry' . I'm using wifi which is working good for all other functionalities. Please suggest what the problem could be ? Also cant mail them as compression fails and asks to "try later".

Even uploading photos to skydrive failed with the same error. :(

Please help!

Read the last comment here:

http://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/1274/uploading-videos-to-skydrive

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i've experienced random lockups for, some of which i've needed to power the phone with volume down and power...
maybe it's xbox music, but whenever i hit the play button for all music, it takes ages to move to the track view even though the song is playing...happened to me on a lumia 920 too, but not quite so bad

Slow sd card causes this and crashes as well, u should get a uhs for optimal experience

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077