08-10-2013 09:34 AM
73 123
tools
    For those who have bought the recently available 720, what issues have you encountered?
    04-13-2013 10:51 PM
    I had a bug in which some pictures taken by camera are saved twice after inserting microSD card but I am sure this is a WP8 issue since people with other WP8 devices have faced this problem and complained in Microsoft help forums.
    04-14-2013 12:13 AM
    Once I had trouble with starting the camera from standby using the camera button. I had to unlock the phone manually first. :/
    04-14-2013 12:44 AM
    Once I had trouble with starting the camera from standby using the camera button. I had to unlock the phone manually first. :/
    Not bad if happened only once.
    04-14-2013 01:28 AM
    No issues here, no random reboots..I just noticed that there is GAP on the main camera's glass ring, small fibers will get through it. I think it's a cosmetic design flaw but not affect camera/device performance.
    04-15-2013 01:44 AM
    No issues here, no random reboots..I just noticed that there is GAP on the main camera's glass ring, small fibers will get through it. I think it's a cosmetic design flaw but not affect camera/device performance.
    Might be just an illusion because the black ring border is higher than the lens or my bad eyesight just couldn't take it haha.
    04-15-2013 09:13 AM
    Yes the ring is a little raised. They should have put rubber or whatever material on the gap between the ring and lens cover.
    Might be just an illusion because the black ring border is higher than the lens or my bad eyesight just couldn't take it haha.
    04-16-2013 12:06 AM
    I had some issue with SD card but since I bought a new one everything works better but still seems like opening photos from SD card takes a little bit longer than from phone memory.
    04-16-2013 07:01 AM
    SDHC are designed as input cards I am not sure with SDXC. I think smarthphones should use SDIO(input output). Saving files to SD is input process, accessing files from SD is output. I don't know if there are available in the market or WP will support this type of SD card.
    I had some issue with SD card but since I bought a new one everything works better but still seems like opening photos from SD card takes a little bit longer than from phone memory.
    04-16-2013 10:22 PM
    Is anyone facing issue while connecting to mobile data network? I have the EDGE icon 'E' coming along with the signal bars and APN and data network setup properly, still not able to connect to the internet, I am using Vodafone GPRS, is this could be issue with Lumia 720 phone or just a bad coverage ?
    04-21-2013 12:29 AM
    1 - Camera viewfinder shows grainy view (lens is clean)
    2 - After clicking camera button, it takes approx 1.5-2 secs to save the picture

Not sure if this is a bug or a faulty unit.

People having issues with SD cards, format the card using your phone's inbuilt formatting tool and things should go smooth from there, if not check if your card works fine on any other handset, your card may be faulty. Try another (good/working) card on your Lumia, still facing the same issue? visit the nokia authorized repair shop ;)
    04-21-2013 10:25 AM
    I have observed on my WP7 that 2G/Edge/GPRS connection doesn't work if there is an updated APN.
    Is anyone facing issue while connecting to mobile data network? I have the EDGE icon 'E' coming along with the signal bars and APN and data network setup properly, still not able to connect to the internet, I am using Vodafone GPRS, is this could be issue with Lumia 720 phone or just a bad coverage ?
    04-22-2013 01:11 AM
    Today, my 720 crashed for the first time! I hit play all button in Xbox Music and it was a goner.
    I still do experience difficulty with the camera button from the lockscreen, maybe I'm just pressing it wrong?
    04-22-2013 08:57 AM
    This is pretty normal, experiencing this one also.
    04-22-2013 09:00 AM
    Here Maps and City Lens won't start on mine... Just bought it today. XDDDDD
    05-01-2013 08:22 AM
    Why wont start though, are you properly connectrd to the net? Update the apps first then give it a try again ;)
    05-06-2013 08:31 AM
    i've experienced random lockups for, some of which i've needed to power the phone with volume down and power...
    maybe it's xbox music, but whenever i hit the play button for all music, it takes ages to move to the track view even though the song is playing...happened to me on a lumia 920 too, but not quite so bad
    05-09-2013 08:00 AM
    my lumia 720 is getting unusalable ( dark screen) automatically, every day it happen 2 or 3 times and I am not able to connect to GPRS , I check with my vodafone customer service centre , they say ever think is good but not able to connect.

Girish
    05-17-2013 04:45 AM
    Have you installed sim already? Lumia 720 has Drive (not Drive+) and it won't start without SIM. I think Drive+ works without SIM.
    05-17-2013 05:12 AM
    I found that the battery takes much time to charge to 100%, almost 2.5 hours from 5% to 100%. is this normal or could it be a voltage issue locally, ( coz we used to have low voltage at our residential area)?
    05-17-2013 12:26 PM
    This behaviour is normal. The battery has a lot of capacity, so it takes longer to load it. BTW, when batteries are loaded slower, they will lose less maximal capacity over the years and months they are in use. :)
    vampirevaz likes this.
    05-17-2013 02:37 PM
    This behaviour is normal. The battery has a lot of capacity, so it takes longer to load it. BTW, when batteries are loaded slower, they will lose less maximal capacity over the years and months they are in use. :)
    Tx man... makes me breathe at ease....!
    05-17-2013 10:30 PM
    Hey, my remaining battery used to say 1day and sum hrs remaining at the start on a battery app, but since sum days its jst showing 21hrs remaining, wat cud be the reason for that?
    05-18-2013 03:39 AM
    Hey, my remaining battery used to say 1day and sum hrs remaining at the start on a battery app, but since sum days its jst showing 21hrs remaining, wat cud be the reason for that?
    Are you asking why it's showing only hours now (and not days+hours), or are you saying it's stuck on 21hrs and doesn't change? If the former, then it's because 21hrs is less than one day. If it's the latter, try a soft reset (hold power + volume down for 15 seconds).

Or do you mean that with a full charge it used to say over one day remaining, but now with a full charge it says 21hrs remaining. This is because it using historical data on your usage to make more accurate predictions about how long your battery will last. Keep in mind that the time remain is just a very general estimate. The actual time you get could be much longer or much shorter depending on how you use your phone.
    05-19-2013 11:14 PM
    I am unable to upload any vidoes to facebook/skydrive. It gives 'upload error' saying 'upload failed,tap to retry' . I'm using wifi which is working good for all other functionalities. Please suggest what the problem could be ? Also cant mail them as compression fails and asks to "try later".

Even uploading photos to skydrive failed with the same error. :(

Please help!
    05-20-2013 05:44 AM
73 123