Lumia 928 Predict Release Date Game

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Weve all seen the Lumia 928 leaks by now from @evleaks as well as all the sites saying this phone will be released this month. The suspense is killing me. What day/week do you think it will finally be released on Verizon? My prediction: Announced this week, preorders open, and shipped by the end of the month say April 26th/27th.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard, and this has been going on from the time when we were waiting for the Trophy on Verizon.... Verizon releases phones (or announces them, I forget) on Tuesdays, so the 16th is my thought of an announcement of it.... Maybe ?

I hate these games, I remember the same crap waiting for the Trophy, I just wish something not rumor would come out, I have been hitting @vzwsupport almost 3 times a week trying to dug out info, and still nothing :( (if I find something, this will be the first place I post it)

So, I am betting on the 16th ! Come on ! Place your bets !!

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
the sooner the better is all I have to say. My DVP will be two yrs old in just over a week and this is exactly what I'm looking for to replace it (if the predictions and leaks of what the 928 will be like are even close to being true).

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The GS4 is supposedly due to be released on Verizon around May 30th so I'm guessing the 928 will be out before then.

I say it gets announced on April 23 and released May 6 :smile:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
and you know this, how?
He read the contract. Obviously, Mirtas is one of the people who signed it - he either works for ATT or Nokia.

Last I heard, and this has been going on from the time when we were waiting for the Trophy on Verizon.... Verizon releases phones (or announces them, I forget) on Tuesdays, so the 16th is my thought of an announcement of it.... Maybe ?

I hate these games, I remember the same crap waiting for the Trophy, I just wish something not rumor would come out, I have been hitting @vzwsupport almost 3 times a week trying to dug out info, and still nothing :( (if I find something, this will be the first place I post it)

So, I am betting on the 16th ! Come on ! Place your bets !!
Trophy Announced: Thursday May 19, 2011
Trophy Released: Thursday May 26, 2011. (I ordered mine on the 26th and had it in hand on the 27th) :wink:
Just FYI.

I just wish they'd take my money already!!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Random dude on Twitter suggesting it won't launch until later June now to line up with the "next release cycle." First I heard April, now I'm hearing May... who knows where we'll net out.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Random dude on Twitter suggesting it won't launch until later June now to line up with the "next release cycle." First I heard April, now I'm hearing May... who knows where we'll net out.

Yea I keep seeing people saying it wont be announced until May 15 at some Nokia London event and then wont be released until late June. But Ive noticed on all these rumors people have been using "Lumia 928" and "Catwalk" interchangeably. But according to @TomWarren and what ive gathered from wpcentral these are two different phones.

ninny1176

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere a while back that AT&T had exclusivity on L920 until May (beginning/end I don't recall) - if true then VZW won't release L928 until after the exclusivity agreement is done.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia is announcing Catwalk on May 15, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to wait to announce the 928/Laser at the same time. Makes for a bigger story, bigger piece of news. If there is some sort of delay pushing the phone's availability beyond April, waiting another 2 weeks is not a huge deal to them.

Personally, I think they should get it launched ASAP, but there are many considerations. It's possible marketing support is being finalized (IE, tv commercials, digital media, social assets, in-store, etc.) Perhaps they are ramping up production to not have the limited release of the 920 where stores only got 2-3 units on launch day. Perhaps the mythical 6-month exclusivity deal with AT&T actually does impact the 928 (I don't believe this) but it is all very possible. Too many variables for us to speculate.

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Will not be announced until late April/early May, late May, June availability

This made me lol. So in other words, it should be announced in the next 45 days and be available in the next 75 days? I suppose that's better than iPhone fans hearing the even more ambiguous "summer".

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
z10 was open for pre-order on march 14th (thursday), and was released on march 28th (2 thursday's later)
i think the lumia 928 is opened for preorder on thursday (april 18), and available april 25 (1 thursday later)
then galaxy s4 is released end of may (may 30 - thursday), as reports are suggesting.
This will give each phone a month to be the flagship

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
z10 was open for pre-order on march 14th (thursday), and was released on march 28th (2 thursday's later)
i think the lumia 928 is opened for preorder on thursday (april 18), and available april 25 (1 thursday later)
then galaxy s4 is released end of may (may 30 - thursday), as reports are suggesting.
This will give each phone a month to be the flagship
No, it gives the Z10 a month to be flagship, and the 928 flagship status until the next big Lumia hits Verizon. No way is GS4 a flagship over 928. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos