Lumia 928 Predict Release Date Game

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you the red 822 alone pretty much sealed the deal on the 928. Verizon was very impressed by how quickly they sold out of their red 822 stock.
I hope that one of those selling factors was the MicroSD, and that Verizon took notice of that. I'm fine with 32 gigs, but for the sake of those that want or need that inclusion, let's hope Verizon was paying attention.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Using a red 822 right now, it's lovely. The finish is nice, color is great, and of course the phone is fantastic. Really just the camera is so-so, which the 928 will fix it seems. Would be nice to get a red one of those with the matte finish ;)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess there's no real reason to believe me, but the AT&T exclusivity is one of the reasons the 928 isn't out yet. The other reasons being the decision to make the Z10 a flagship and the waiting game to see how well the current Windows Phones sold. I can tell you the red 822 alone pretty much sealed the deal on the 928. Verizon was very impressed by how quickly they sold out of their red 822 stock.

Coming from you lends the statement more credence, but the majority of folks have made such statements without any knowledge, which does nothing but confuse the subject.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess there's no real reason to believe me, but the AT&T exclusivity is one of the reasons the 928 isn't out yet. The other reasons being the decision to make the Z10 a flagship and the waiting game to see how well the current Windows Phones sold. I can tell you the red 822 alone pretty much sealed the deal on the 928. Verizon was very impressed by how quickly they sold out of their red 822 stock.

Abe.....Didn't you say, in previous posts, that the 822 had been a big disappointment to Verizon or was a very poor seller or something to that effect ?

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Honestabebread has already said that he thinks this will be VZW's announcement of the end of contracts.
I hope it's soon. I don't want to switch back to AT&T and their dropped calls and I get a 60% discount through my employer with VZW off every bill. That, and Nokia needs to release their phones to more carriers ASAP. I'm sick of watching my NOK shares tumble lately; despite today's little bump. :(

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's soon. I don't want to switch back to AT&T and their dropped calls and I get a 60% discount through my employer with VZW off every bill. That, and Nokia needs to release their phones to more carriers ASAP. I'm sick of watching my NOK shares tumble lately; despite today's little bump. :(

Same here - I quit watching the share price on a daily basis.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
II get a 60% discount through my employer with VZW off every bill.

60% ? What company do you work for ? The max I have seen Verizon give out is a 25% discount on bills (I have 24% off) and there was a forum on this on another site and no one else got more than 25%...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
60% ? What company do you work for ? The max I have seen Verizon give out is a 25% discount on bills (I have 24% off) and there was a forum on this on another site and no one else got more than 25%...

I work for Verizon and get 50% so I'm gonna call you out on this one.

Also, the 822 was a disappointment reliability-wise. It sold like crazy though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I get a 60% discount through my employer with VZW off every bill. That, and Nokia needs to release their phones to more carriers ASAP.

No kidding! How did I miss this? I want to say I get 20% off, but don't remember for sure. That's based on an employer I left in 2010 - I should check to see if they have a better rate at my new employer...

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
To clarify, my company reimburses its traveling employees $50 for their cell phone bills per month in addition to the VZW discount. This reimbursement of course applies to any carrier we choose but the generous discount only is through VZW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb