Lumia 928 Predict Release Date Game

gregc72

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an 822. Battery life was horrible at one point, reset my phone and didn't install a few suspect apps and battery life is good now. Never had any issues with reboots. My biggest complaint about the 822 is the camera. Worst camera I've had in years. Looking forward to the 928. It will be mine on day 1.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I predict announce 4/25/13, availability 5/2/13.

If this phone does not come out by 5/9/13 latest I am going to be supremely PO'd. Not to mention it would be a huge strategic blunder given the GS4 release date.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Agreed.....Nokia needs to have it's time in the sun too...find it hard to believe that Verizon has held off releasing the phone to give the Z10 more time when it's closing in on 6 weeks (?) now ? Maybe the late release on the 928 is in fact due to ATT exclusivity as HonestAbe has said. I just hope that they launch all of the rumored colors at once. I want a RED one.

I predict announce 4/25/13, availability 5/2/13.

If this phone does not come out by 5/9/13 latest I am going to be supremely PO'd. Not to mention it would be a huge strategic blunder given the GS4 release date.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There's also a rumor that they're waiting for GDR2 to pass final testing. That way they can ship the 928 with the latest software and firmware. I would personally be happy with this reasoning since it would save us having to wait for Verizon to test and get it out to us later on. However, I do think holding the phone back hurts it's overall chances of higher sales.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The Pantech Perception was announced yesterday and is coming out the 25th (its actually a really slick phone too). Things can get done pretty damn fast once the stars allign.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
has a phone ever been announced and available on the same day? Wishful thinking lol

Yeah, no kidding... I don't know of one, but I certainly won't say it can't happen. This phone will be a week later, so they can build the desire for it, but no way will it be two weeks to kill that desire. I think this is a clue:

The Pantech Perception was announced yesterday and is coming out the 25th (its actually a really slick phone too). Things can get done pretty damn fast once the stars allign.

Last edited:

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This wait is killing me. If I had been more impressed with the z10 I would have considered it. Played around with it yesterday and thought it looked cheap. Interface didn't do anything for me either. I really hope they end this waiting soon!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Question: If it is released on 4/25, does that mean midnight the night of the 24th (tonight)? If so, which time zone? I want to set my alarm. ;-)

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When the 8x was announced, I believe Verizon pushed it out via its press site Smartphones ? Tablets - Apps then that evening around 9pm PST, it showed up online for preorder.

A few sites (the verge among others) got wind of the announcement about 18 hours beforehand. If it is going to hit tomorrow, I'd expect a few tech sites to report on it this afternoon.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Going a little crazy waiting for this. And having to deal with Sprint's sloooow 3G the whole time. Take my money dammit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss