Lumia 928 Predict Release Date Game

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You would think that with MS's and Nokia's money combined they would be able to get this phone out quicker. Kind of frustrating to have to keep waiting. Also stupid the S4 is up for preorders a month before. The 928 should at least be announced by now.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Darn it, even more waiting. I guess we wont be able to preorder the Lumia 928 tomorrow. I see reports are saying the S4 wont release on Verizon until May 30th though so seems a long time to wait to get your phone and is a very early preorder date. Any chance Verizon puts both up for preorder tomorrow and just makes the Lumia 928 available sooner? Seems odd to have both phones come out in the same month

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What I'm seeing is that Verizon delayed the release so that 928s could come with GDR2 installed. Makes sense, hold the phone for another few weeks to ensure it has the latest and greatest OS update. I'm antsy for it too, but I can wait for another month if that's the reason.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What I'm seeing is that Verizon delayed the release so that 928s could come with GDR2 installed. Makes sense, hold the phone for another few weeks to ensure it has the latest and greatest OS update. I'm antsy for it too, but I can wait for another month if that's the reason.

I do hope they announce it tomorrow... If it comes with GDR2, I believe that update comes with FM radio support and that would be nice.

I just want to know what features it will come with....mainly the MicroSD slot or not, so I can decide if I am getting it or not.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not me - I'd rather have a phone that is going to get an update but I can use it as is for now, than have to wait longer for the phone just so it won't need to be updated. BOO, Verizon!

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If the Lumia is not announced tomorrow I will be concerned about its viability. If it does not come out first week of May it will be eclipsed by the Galaxy S4 launch. And if they wait until June it may look dated both due to the Catwalk, the fact it is based on a then 7month old design, and new designs will be out in Sep. Either way is a lose, right now is the time it needs to launch. All of the leaks, NDAs, etc are confusing as well if there is no planned imminent launch.

They could open the S4 up for preorders silently tomorrow (i.e. only if you search for the phone) and make the 928 a big frontpage launch. While risky, that is the only way to play this right IMO. Unless they have no intention of expanding the WP8 base beyond what it is already...

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I do hope they announce it tomorrow... If it comes with GDR2, I believe that update comes with FM radio support and that would be nice.

I just want to know what features it will come with....mainly the MicroSD slot or not, so I can decide if I am getting it or not.

Alright man. I'm as eager for this phone as anyone, and I think everyone wants the SD slot or thinks it'd be a nice inclusion, but anybody that frequents the forums knows you won't buy one if it doesn't have it. You don't have to put it in every post you make. Just wait until it's announced, hopefully tomorrow, and find out instead of spamming all the 928 forums letting everybody know how it's SD slot or bust for you.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
One theory that can definitely be proved wrong is some sort of London event for the announcement/release.

You don't go to the UK to announce a product only available in the US on a US carrier. ;)

tmccaghren

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they offer both for preorder at the same time, and then space the actual releases out by 2 weeks or so. The entire reason it'll take until May 30th for the S4 release is mainly inventory issues, anyway...do you see the same thing happening with the 928?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright man. I'm as eager for this phone as anyone, and I think everyone wants the SD slot or thinks it'd be a nice inclusion, but anybody that frequents the forums knows you won't buy one if it doesn't have it. You don't have to put it in every post you make. Just wait until it's announced, hopefully tomorrow, and find out instead of spamming all the 928 forums letting everybody know how it's SD slot or bust for you.

WOW, didn't know I was that bad.....LOL. Don't know about "spamming" but, yea, I got your point ! Tomorrow should all be reveled anyway, so the endless quest ends...if it comes with a FM radio or that SD thing....Oh, wait...Crap I did it again ! LOL

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
No problem man. I understand you're excited, and trust me, I'm running with a blackberry curve, so I couldn't be more anxious. Let's keep our fingers crossed for an announcement tomorrow!

alGaddafi

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
No problem man. I understand you're excited, and trust me, I'm running with a blackberry curve, so I couldn't be more anxious. Let's keep our fingers crossed for an announcement tomorrow!

At least you have the curve to use for the time being. I have to deal with a used Blackberry Pearl Flip in which the battery has been used to complete nothingness. I can't even take it off the charger without it dying and I've been waiting for the new battery to ship (thought 928 was coming out sooner so delayed the purchase of new battery to save money)

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
WOW, didn't know I was that bad.....LOL. Don't know about "spamming" but, yea, I got your point ! Tomorrow should all be reveled anyway, so the endless quest ends...if it comes with a FM radio or that SD thing....Oh, wait...Crap I did it again ! LOL

well you DO do that, fairly often.

alGaddafi

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
What if they are waiting to release the 928 so they can get a massive marketing campaign to beat out the GS4 campaign and make people interested in WP. Just a thought

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This to much fun reading all these posts... Over a freaking phone. I'm just as bad as all of you! Hope we hear something tomorrow.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05