UK only: When UPS comes to take your device to Nokia Repair?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

All my device is getting pick up by UPS tomorrow to be sent to Nokia Repair my questions is does the delivery person know where the package is going and puts a label on or confirm.

Or I'm suppose to been emailed the address to put on the packaging I got email that says print it out and include inside when packing your phone.

All help appreciated.

Also while on topic did you send it in the box the device came in or just wrap it around bubble wrap then put in the package.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Um how do you get them to pick it up from you? I was told I have to go 30 mins to a Nokia Care service and I'd much rather get them to pick it up from me!

Whenever I had to send anything back to a manufacturer in the past I had to send it back in its original box, wrapped up and with a case number and address on the package. Not sure how Nokia works...yet.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Um how do you get them to pick it up from you? I was told I have to go 30 mins to a Nokia Care service and I'd much rather get them to pick it up from me!

Whenever I had to send anything back to a manufacturer in the past I had to send it back in its original box, wrapped up and with a case number and address on the package. Not sure how Nokia works...yet.

Well you go through the Nokia Support diagnostics then if non of the troubleshooting answers help or solve the problem you get three choices UPS will pick it up the next day, free post or take it to a local repair store. I went with option 1 which was UPS which take it straight to there main Nokia repair centre.

I did this all online.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Ooh I just went through this and picked option 3 - UPS pick it up and take it to the Repair centre. There's a big checklist and some reference numbers. Some details:

[info]
What to do next
- Create a back-up of your personal data
- Packing Instructions
- Remove and retain your Sim Card. *
- If your device has a removable Battery, backcover and/or memory card, remove and retain these. *
- Pack your Nokia device in a small padded envelope to protect it from damage. Nokia assumes no responsibility for any damage to your Nokia device which is insufficiently or incorrectly packed.
- If possible, also include a proof of purchase, such as your receipt. If your device is out of warranty on our register, a proof of purchase will be required.
- Print your confirmation email and include this with your phone when you post it.
* Nokia assume no responsibility for these items or their return if they are sent to us.
<UPS collection tracking reference.>[/info]

I would recommend making a photocopy of your proof of purchase for your own records as you'll probably sending the real one with the package. It also sounds like they don't *need* the original packaging at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs