ANybody using the 620 on ATT in the U.S?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 thinking about downsizing to a smaller phone, dont really like carrying this huge thing, i dont lift bros.

Anyway, just wonder how is the phone on ATT, reception, hspa?hspa+?edge?. How is the battery with normal use?

Does the 620 use a microsim?

I dont play many games so dont really care about the 512mb ram limit.

let me know!

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just did the downsize on ATT....love it...hspa+ speeds. The size is awesome, battery is hard for me to judge...im a heavy user who needs to recharge any phone around 4pm each day
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Do check the Lumia 720(128grams) before going for 620. You will appreciate the bigger screen and the battery(2000mAH vs 1300mAH in 620). If you are the kind to surf web on 620, battery will go down way fast!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Do check the Lumia 720(128grams) before going for 620. You will appreciate the bigger screen and the battery(2000mAH vs 1300mAH in 620). If you are the kind to surf web on 620, battery will go down way fast!

I wont appreciate the bigger screen because i dont want a bigger screen. The size of the phone is what is more annoying than the weight of the phone.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know if the lumia 620 has hspa+ on ATT? I read reviews that said it does have hspa+, but i think i read Daniel say it didnt somewhere. Anybody confirm?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So I went ahead and ordered through expansys USA. Excited to replace the brick of the 920.

Couple more questions:

Will the 620 in the US on att get the firmware update?

Will group text work? Group text uses mms, I remember unlocked t mobile phones couldnt do mms on att, same issue here?

Will I need to add internet apn and mms apn to get the phone working properly, if so, what should I enter?

Help appreciated.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So is the 620 under warranty in the U.S? I just noticed on amazon it says no warranty in u.s, didnt see anything similar when i purchased through expansys. So if my phone bricks in 3 months, i have no options to fix it?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I got the 620, my data connection the highest i can choose is 3g. Only 2g and 3g are able to select. on the lumia i believe 3g was 3g and 4g = hspa+ and then lte is lte. I dont seem to get hspa+ much. the hspa+sign shows up sometimes on the siganl, but then goes away. Anybody using this on ATT able to get hspa+ consistently?

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So I went ahead and ordered through expansys USA. Excited to replace the brick of the 920.

Will the 620 in the US on att get the firmware update?

You might have to force it to the latest update. I got a Chinese model from Expansys USA. Used Nokia Software Updater for Retail to update to latest firmware.

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So is the 620 under warranty in the U.S? I just noticed on amazon it says no warranty in u.s, didnt see anything similar when i purchased through expansys. So if my phone bricks in 3 months, i have no options to fix it?

Once the phone is resold in a country where it is not intended to be used, you will lose your warranty. If you bought the phone from a retailer that resides in the country where the phone is intended to be used, you will have a receipt that you may use towards a warranty. You may be able to lie to Nokia and tell them you are on vacation or moved to the US and have Nokia USA service it. Since your purchase is from Expansys USA, your warranty is void.

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the 620, my data connection the highest i can choose is 3g. Only 2g and 3g are able to select. on the lumia i believe 3g was 3g and 4g = hspa+ and then lte is lte. I dont seem to get hspa+ much. the hspa+sign shows up sometimes on the siganl, but then goes away. Anybody using this on ATT able to get hspa+ consistently?

It's inconsistent. I don't think the phone has all the necessary bands to have a solid lock. It still works fine, nevertheless.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an unlocked 620 on AT&T straight talk and everytime I pick it up it is showing H+ in cases that helps anyone. Also, MMS works perfectly.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an unlocked 620 on AT&T straight talk and everytime I pick it up it is showing H+ in cases that helps anyone. Also, MMS works perfectly.
Any special configuration was done? Or just pop in the sim and it worked right away. What speeds? I'm topping at 6mb DL and 1 Mb up. I see the h+ icon for seconds and then goes away. I am in a hspa+ zone too.

ParthiR

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Could you confirm Internet Sharing working with this phone. Also does it work with AT&T non-smartphone a.k.a MediaNet 10$ unlimited plan?
Thanks,

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Could you confirm Internet Sharing working with this phone. Also does it work with AT&T non-smartphone a.k.a MediaNet 10$ unlimited plan?
Thanks,

For me, i am on ATT but a normal mobile sharing plan. My phone can not internet share, ATT is looking into it, so right now, no internet sharing for me and cant sustain hspa+ connection.

My data allows tethering .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers