05-21-2013 01:24 AM
27 12
tools
    I have a 920 thinking about downsizing to a smaller phone, dont really like carrying this huge thing, i dont lift bros.

Anyway, just wonder how is the phone on ATT, reception, hspa?hspa+?edge?. How is the battery with normal use?

Does the 620 use a microsim?

I dont play many games so dont really care about the 512mb ram limit.

let me know!
    04-15-2013 12:47 PM
    I just did the downsize on ATT....love it...hspa+ speeds. The size is awesome, battery is hard for me to judge...im a heavy user who needs to recharge any phone around 4pm each day
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express
    04-15-2013 10:25 PM
    It uses a microsim?
    04-16-2013 12:42 AM
    It uses a microsim?
    Yes, it does.
    Important: This device is designed to be used with a mini-UICC SIM card, also known as a micro-SIM card only. A micro-SIM card is smaller than the standard SIM card. Use of incompatible SIM cards may damage the card or the device, and may corrupt data stored on the card.
    Nokia Lumia 620 User Guide - Insert a SIM card - Nokia - Canada
    04-16-2013 12:46 AM
    Do check the Lumia 720(128grams) before going for 620. You will appreciate the bigger screen and the battery(2000mAH vs 1300mAH in 620). If you are the kind to surf web on 620, battery will go down way fast!
    04-16-2013 01:11 AM
    Do check the Lumia 720(128grams) before going for 620. You will appreciate the bigger screen and the battery(2000mAH vs 1300mAH in 620). If you are the kind to surf web on 620, battery will go down way fast!
    I wont appreciate the bigger screen because i dont want a bigger screen. The size of the phone is what is more annoying than the weight of the phone.
    04-16-2013 10:32 AM
    Anybody know if the lumia 620 has hspa+ on ATT? I read reviews that said it does have hspa+, but i think i read Daniel say it didnt somewhere. Anybody confirm?
    04-18-2013 09:09 PM
    Been running mine on AT&T for a couple of months now. Yes, HSPA+ works great.
    04-20-2013 07:32 AM
    Awesome. Might be ordering this today.
    04-20-2013 02:31 PM
    So I went ahead and ordered through expansys USA. Excited to replace the brick of the 920.

Couple more questions:

Will the 620 in the US on att get the firmware update?

Will group text work? Group text uses mms, I remember unlocked t mobile phones couldnt do mms on att, same issue here?

Will I need to add internet apn and mms apn to get the phone working properly, if so, what should I enter?

Help appreciated.
    04-21-2013 03:51 PM
    Yes, it gets firmware updates. I don't text very much so I can't help on the group text'ing question.
    04-23-2013 07:11 AM
    So is the 620 under warranty in the U.S? I just noticed on amazon it says no warranty in u.s, didnt see anything similar when i purchased through expansys. So if my phone bricks in 3 months, i have no options to fix it?
    04-23-2013 01:54 PM
    I got the 620, my data connection the highest i can choose is 3g. Only 2g and 3g are able to select. on the lumia i believe 3g was 3g and 4g = hspa+ and then lte is lte. I dont seem to get hspa+ much. the hspa+sign shows up sometimes on the siganl, but then goes away. Anybody using this on ATT able to get hspa+ consistently?
    05-01-2013 06:01 PM
    So I went ahead and ordered through expansys USA. Excited to replace the brick of the 920.

Will the 620 in the US on att get the firmware update?
    You might have to force it to the latest update. I got a Chinese model from Expansys USA. Used Nokia Software Updater for Retail to update to latest firmware.
    05-01-2013 08:23 PM
    So is the 620 under warranty in the U.S? I just noticed on amazon it says no warranty in u.s, didnt see anything similar when i purchased through expansys. So if my phone bricks in 3 months, i have no options to fix it?
    Once the phone is resold in a country where it is not intended to be used, you will lose your warranty. If you bought the phone from a retailer that resides in the country where the phone is intended to be used, you will have a receipt that you may use towards a warranty. You may be able to lie to Nokia and tell them you are on vacation or moved to the US and have Nokia USA service it. Since your purchase is from Expansys USA, your warranty is void.
    05-01-2013 08:30 PM
    I got the 620, my data connection the highest i can choose is 3g. Only 2g and 3g are able to select. on the lumia i believe 3g was 3g and 4g = hspa+ and then lte is lte. I dont seem to get hspa+ much. the hspa+sign shows up sometimes on the siganl, but then goes away. Anybody using this on ATT able to get hspa+ consistently?
    It's inconsistent. I don't think the phone has all the necessary bands to have a solid lock. It still works fine, nevertheless.
    05-01-2013 08:41 PM
    My wife has an unlocked 620 on AT&T straight talk and everytime I pick it up it is showing H+ in cases that helps anyone. Also, MMS works perfectly.
    05-01-2013 08:49 PM
    My wife has an unlocked 620 on AT&T straight talk and everytime I pick it up it is showing H+ in cases that helps anyone. Also, MMS works perfectly.
    Any special configuration was done? Or just pop in the sim and it worked right away. What speeds? I'm topping at 6mb DL and 1 Mb up. I see the h+ icon for seconds and then goes away. I am in a hspa+ zone too.
    05-01-2013 09:49 PM
    Could you confirm Internet Sharing working with this phone. Also does it work with AT&T non-smartphone a.k.a MediaNet 10$ unlimited plan?
    Thanks,
    05-01-2013 11:48 PM
    Could you confirm Internet Sharing working with this phone. Also does it work with AT&T non-smartphone a.k.a MediaNet 10$ unlimited plan?
    Thanks,
    For me, i am on ATT but a normal mobile sharing plan. My phone can not internet share, ATT is looking into it, so right now, no internet sharing for me and cant sustain hspa+ connection.

My data allows tethering .
    05-02-2013 12:28 PM
    You might have to force it to the latest update. I got a Chinese model from Expansys USA. Used Nokia Software Updater for Retail to update to latest firmware.
    I just bought the Chinese 620 model too, but even though I changed the region on the phone and my MS account to the USA, the WP Store is still locked to the Chinese market. Did a firmware update fix this?
    05-04-2013 09:18 AM
    I am highly interested in doing this... my main want is a backup phone to my 920 that I can also switch to when I am looking for something more portable. A few questions for those who have done so:

(1) SIM swapping. I assume there is no way around having to swap the SIM between the two when I want to get phone service on the other?

(2) Special config. What do I need to do special to get this to work on my AT&T plan? Will texts just work out of the box once I insert my SIM card? Do I have to do anything special to be in the right store? Obviously my MS account is a US one.

(3) Other languages. I noticed in Daniel's review that his seemed to show some Chinese writing here and there, and I think the clock was maybe oriented differently on his lock screen? Is this a configuration issue? He had it quite a while by then so I would have thought he would have had it all configured by then... just concerned this won't look like a US phone and will have some oddities about it.

(4) I see a few Chinese sellers with shell replacements for about $22 shipped now. They look to have the Nokia logo on the back... are these knockoffs? Any source for official Nokia ones? One of the sellers is named sunestyles.

(5) Any issues with just picking one up with eBay (other than the usual, look at feedback, etc)? Or is it worth buying from ExpanSys just to have it from a "sort of official" source?

I sure wish Nokia would sell these direct in the US, and that they would have a wireless charge cover for it... then it would be just perfect.

Thanks!
    05-13-2013 09:25 PM
    I am highly interested in doing this... my main want is a backup phone to my 920 that I can also switch to when I am looking for something more portable. A few questions for those who have done so:

(1) SIM swapping. I assume there is no way around having to swap the SIM between the two when I want to get phone service on the other?

(2) Special config. What do I need to do special to get this to work on my AT&T plan? Will texts just work out of the box once I insert my SIM card? Do I have to do anything special to be in the right store? Obviously my MS account is a US one.

(3) Other languages. I noticed in Daniel's review that his seemed to show some Chinese writing here and there, and I think the clock was maybe oriented differently on his lock screen? Is this a configuration issue? He had it quite a while by then so I would have thought he would have had it all configured by then... just concerned this won't look like a US phone and will have some oddities about it.

(4) I see a few Chinese sellers with shell replacements for about $22 shipped now. They look to have the Nokia logo on the back... are these knockoffs? Any source for official Nokia ones? One of the sellers is named sunestyles.

(5) Any issues with just picking one up with eBay (other than the usual, look at feedback, etc)? Or is it worth buying from ExpanSys just to have it from a "sort of official" source?

I sure wish Nokia would sell these direct in the US, and that they would have a wireless charge cover for it... then it would be just perfect.

Thanks!
    Onn ATT, you cant have two sims for one line. So you will need to swap back and forth.

Data and text messages worked out of the box, no special configs for me. Group messaging also works.

I have a hong kong version so when you firs tset up you get to pick the region, you pick u.s of course and then the language and keyboard changes to u.s you will see "ENG" on the keyboard, i think if you press that it switches to chinese.

Not sure of where to find legit nokia shells

I bought off expansys and is legit. I've never bought from ebay so dont know, but expansys, i would recommend. I bought the cyan on a saturday and it delieverd that coming friday.

Issue i do have is my internet sharing no longer works and visual voicemail wouldn't work. ATT hasn't been able to fix, if you decide to do it, let me know if you get those to work. I would like visua voicemail back.
    05-13-2013 10:25 PM
    I just bought the Chinese 620 model too, but even though I changed the region on the phone and my MS account to the USA, the WP Store is still locked to the Chinese market. Did a firmware update fix this?
    Sorry, but it's not a matter of firmware, and probably there is nothing you can do. I explained it here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-language.html
    05-13-2013 10:38 PM
    Has anyone gotten internet sharing or visual voicemail working on AT&T with a Lumia 620 or 720???
    05-14-2013 11:38 AM
27 12