Lumia 920 Microphone Issues

jdschooler

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T. For quite some time now I have to use a Bluetooth headset in order for people to hear me during a phone call. If not, all I get is complaints that they can't hear me. I don't believe that the phone hardware is defective. Too many people have the same issue. Hoping that the 1314 Firmware will fix this issue. Don't know if it is proximity sensor related or what.\

Has anyone found a legitimate fix for this issue?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have heard of people that had issues with some Bluetooth systems having bad audio but never with the onboard mic. I have heard nothing but great reviews on my clarity when using my 920. You very well may have faulty hardware.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T. For quite some time now I have to use a Bluetooth headset in order for people to hear me during a phone call. If not, all I get is complaints that they can't hear me. I don't believe that the phone hardware is defective. Too many people have the same issue. Hoping that the 1314 Firmware will fix this issue. Don't know if it is proximity sensor related or what.\

I just had the same problem and I fixed it by cleaning a top microphone holes on the top right from a head phone connector (they are very tiny holes and I can not even see them without very bright light) ... You need very sharp and thin needle to do that ... hope that it helps for you too :)

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
It's a hardware fault. I've tried everything. I had to send it back to Nokia repair 3 times before they gave me a new phone. If you google nokia 920 mic you'll see what I mean.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

That's one of the more frequent hardware issues. Had to get my phone replaced to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carl Mbereko

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Cant hear me? In Call Mic (Solution) - xda-developers
Here is a link to a solution I found to be effective after I went for months having the same problem and thinking it couldn't possibly be a fault with my phone, that is until my wife questioned why I was considering getting a Surface 3 because "everything I but from Microsoft is sh*t", in reference to my N9 as well which had a fair bit of problems (we all know why). I just couldn't stomach the same being said of my 920,:angry: I am chuffed to bits with it I was willfully ignorant about the call quality, I just thought it was everyone else that had a problem. Needless to say, that solution from that link worked perfectly..... for now at least.:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs