Catwalk Images Leaked?

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the back looking like a cover and not real. What it looks like to me is, the corners of the device are aluminum, with the back being made out of plastic for RF and lest we forget wireless charging. From what I remember, wireless charging doesn't play nice with aluminum. With that in mind I think this will be an almost final render.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the back looking like a cover and not real. What it looks like to me is, the corners of the device are aluminum, with the back being made out of plastic for RF and lest we forget wireless charging. From what I remember, wireless charging doesn't play nice with aluminum. With that in mind I think this will be an almost final render.

No way it wont have a xenon flash though.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
No way it wont have a xenon flash though.
that's my thoughts especially if it has an enhanced camera and is supposed to line up with 928. No way Nokia wouldn't slap a xenon on it. Then again I didn't think Nokia would go less that 32GB storage so we never know.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not so sure on the Xenon... its targeted as being the slim device, and i dont think Nokia is ready to put the slim version of the Xenon into its devices yet (using a couple of thin capacitors) - we may see that next year.
So , as much as i would like to see a Xenon i dont think we will get it in this device - if you want it, then sacrifice a little and go for the 928 instead...or wait for the EOS.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is assuming catwalk will be stupidly thin, still no evidence to support that :D I think Nokia are aware that if they want to aim marketing at photography they need xenon. If people just wanted a thin WP8 device they could get that Samsung thing.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not so sure on the Xenon... its targeted as being the slim device, and i dont think Nokia is ready to put the slim version of the Xenon into its devices yet (using a couple of thin capacitors) - we may see that next year.
So , as much as i would like to see a Xenon i dont think we will get it in this device - if you want it, then sacrifice a little and go for the 928 instead...or wait for the EOS.

Guess I'll have to wait to see the reviews of Catwalk vs 928 and see if 928 has an international variant with true HSPA+ and LTE support for Tmobile. That's really disappointing news. I'ma going to wait to see because with the lack of Flagships for Tmobile, I would think Nokia would make this as future proof as possible to shut up Tmobile users

Everyone is assuming catwalk will be stupidly thin, still no evidence to support that :D I think Nokia are aware that if they want to aim marketing at photography they need xenon. If people just wanted a thin WP8 device they could get that Samsung thing.

There is other aspects of it. I'll get a Nokia for long term support, hell I'll stay with my 8X for some pretty good support now, but Samsung is not even remotely interested in WP. I just got the unlocked ATIV S and it is absolutely AMAZING in the hand. I love it, but I rather have an HTC or Nokia.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
In the UK we have had one carrier say they are getting next weeks device....they arent exactly a top carrier, so no way its exclusive in the UK. Same might be true of the US.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
In the UK we have had one carrier say they are getting next weeks device....they arent exactly a top carrier, so no way its exclusive in the UK. Same might be true of the US.
so they're getting the 928 next week right? Not the Catwalk?

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
so they're getting the 928 next week right? Not the Catwalk?

See the other thread I made earlier. Its 'Catwalk' in the sense that its whatever is being announced May 14th in London of which there are many rumours. Some combination of the following:
  • global 928
  • aluminium shell (aluminum for you US people that for some reason cant spell that word :p )
  • Ultra-thin device - apparently sarcificing other features like the wireless charging, some even suggest losing the OIS

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would stick to thy polycarbonate shells for their phones, as not only do they look so much more distinctive, and pretty than any other phone on the market IMHO, but also from a materials standpoint, I like plastic much better than metal. I find it way more durable. Also, I really want my next windows phone to be the super sexy cyan blue color, I was drooling when a friend showed me his blue 920. If they make it in aluminum, that's A-L-U-M-I-N-U-M (go 'Merica !), I would be afraid that they may not make it in colors, they completely could, but may not.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't quite never understood the fixation by some at no bulge on the back of phones.
Never affected my use of phone the slightest be it N8 or not to talk about the huge bulge of 808 PureView.

If anything I would really wanna see thinner an thinner bodies with cameras like 808 PureView stuck behind.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't quite never understood the fixation by some at no bulge on the back of phones.
Never affected my use of phone the slightest be it N8 or not to talk about the huge bulge of 808 PureView.

If anything I would really wanna see thinner an thinner bodies with cameras like 808 PureView stuck behind.

Tbh that was my smallest issue. The xenon i really had high hopes for.

There still might be a global 928 though, rumours are still talking of 2 devices being announced, although they think thats the EOS, maybe its the global 928. *gets hopes up*

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
the body is thinner - thats why the lens looks bigger.
come on guys/gals - this is supposed to be the slim model - if it has the same camera as the 920 - and its substantially thinner (30%) and lighter, then wouldnt you buy it?
I like the lens hump. I also have the N8 and the 808 Pureview, so i understand the reasoning behind having the hump.
Now, what do they mean by "more than your eyes can see"? thats what peaks my interest! :)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There is no way they hype up a camera for its imaging capabilities, and hold a launch event for it if it is the same camera as the 920/928. The camera on the phone revealed on the 14th is going to be something much better from the looks of it.

There is also no point in having such a large diameter for the lens opening if it is in fact the same camera as the 920. They have obviously changed the optics in some way or another.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
There is also no point in having such a large diameter for the lens opening if it is in fact the same camera as the 920.

Yes there is, to make the hump less conspicuous. They could've made it way smaller but then it would have a very sharp and noticeable profile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss