Well, tomorrow is the big 928 announcement!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can pre order it now....

Nokia Lumia 928 32GB Black Verizon Smartphone Preorder | eBay

Dam, I should of thought of this, if they retail for $549 and sell pre-orders for $799.On release just walk into a store and pay cash, then ship...

He also listst the auction as a 32gb but, in the des of the device, says 16gb...so what is it ?

$799.99?!?!? Pass. Unless I can control this thing with brainwaves, I a going to wait. Couple that with the fact that NO ONE else has any info about this, this is squirrley to me.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Another botched launch by Nokia and Verizon. They seem to be getting really good at blowing it with Windows Phone launches! :angry:

considering the fact that neither Nokia or Verizon even acknowledge the existing of 928 idk how they can "blow it" plus the 25th was a rumored date by an alleged employee of Verizon in the forums here.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually one of the rumors said a newer CPU. What do we actually know ?

We know what type of display it will have and that it is a 4.5" (due to the replacement part) and some images (that are subject to change) of the case

What else do we really know ? Nothing at all, every other thing is rumor, think about it. This could be the first quad core CPU or it could be the same CPU as the 920, no one who can say anything knows (VZW employee under NDA).

Besides the display, everything else is just a guess....crap, sites are still saying it has a metal case!!!!

Excellent points, although I believe the dimensions were part of the FCC filing (correct me if I am wrong). The plastic case seems to match up with the black and white leaked renderings, but because no one who is talking has one in their possession we will have to wait for confirmation.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I might just do this. It's free.

You can get used on on ebay from $150-250... with no contract, so if you have unlimited data, you can keep it. I saw a used, in great shape with no charger buy-it-now for $169.99..

if you still have unlimited data, then it's worth it to keep it...

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have unlimited data. I always used to refuse to pay for a phone and this seems like a good one for free. Wife got one last night, so I might see how it is for a little before I commit.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
considering the fact that neither Nokia or Verizon even acknowledge the existing of 928 idk how they can "blow it" plus the 25th was a rumored date by an alleged employee of Verizon in the forums here.

Your also the one who said, 32gb and a MicroSD slot and claimed to see a document. What do you know ?

I don't have unlimited data. I always used to refuse to pay for a phone and this seems like a good one for free. Wife got one last night, so I might see how it is for a little before I commit.

To each their own, if your not going to pay for a phone and expect one free, not sure why your even looking at the 928, as it will never been a free phone at least anytime soon or unless it's 8-12 months down the line (when being EOL, as 8.5/9 devices rumored). At least if you pick up the 822 off contract, you leave your option open IF you want to get the 928.

However, just a suggestion...

Excellent points, although I believe the dimensions were part of the FCC filing (correct me if I am wrong). The plastic case seems to match up with the black and white leaked renderings, but because no one who is talking has one in their possession we will have to wait for confirmation.

Remember, those images where that, "renderings". They could of been images someone created based on the FCC document and the touch screen. They could be early images that was given to verizon before they finaized it. They do not show ports, they do not show if the back cover is removable, they really dont give much but an idea on what they look like based on the facts we all know and saw, kind of filling in the blanks, so to speak. If they were a picture that somone took, I would feel different on it but, they are not.

Fact of the matter is, we dont know crap about this phone yet besides the screen and estimated hardware... Only real way we can confirm that A Nokia 928 exists is by the replacement display, othewise just rumor, some people confirmed there was a 928 and by the FCC docs, it was going to Verizon (because of it's supported freq) but, nothing more.

Still waiting for that high end Windows Phone 8 device on Verizon....waiting....waiting...still waiting...

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So far, this whole Lumia 928 has been a disappointment. With rumors keep popping up about that EOS Lumia phone, I hope that Nokia will not do it as an exclusive to AT&T again. My contract has been up for over 8 months now on Verizon. I really want an amazing phone on the best carrier. The leaked pictures of the 928 looks very nice. My question, what new features will it bring? Will it have Gorilla Glass 3, like the GS4 has?

I have seen the GS4 new features. Some are pretty cool. Granted, it does not look as durable as the Lumia 920 is, but it is packed with tons of features. All I can say, Nokia better bring it soon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Should I check back tomorrow?

No, Verizon never releases anything on weekends... I think the next chance we get to hear about it is next Thursday. The pattern for Verizon is they do announcements on Thursday, at least it was confirmed here by a few people... As for release times, not exactly sure..

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thursday seems like a good bet even though last Thursday did too. Last week was the preorder for the Samsung. This phone will allegedly come out before that phone so two weeks from now seems too close to that. One of these Thursdays we will finally get what we are craving!

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
To each their own, if your not going to pay for a phone and expect one free, not sure why your even looking at the 928, as it will never been a free phone at least anytime soon or unless it's 8-12 months down the line (when being EOL, as 8.5/9 devices rumored). At least if you pick up the 822 off contract, you leave your option open IF you want to get the 928.

However, just a suggestion...

I didn't expect the 928 free. I was just saying I never paid for a phone before the trophy, so I will just go back to the free phone. I ordered the 822.

Mark Peterson1

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can't really say if I'm excited or not because I have the nokia lumia 920 already. I'm hoping the 928 is basically the same phone if not then I might kill myself lol. I'm happy that other companies can finally experience the Lumia 920 series for themselves and give Nokia an extra boost in sales, but I still want to feel like the superior costumer because I got my lumia when it first came out lol. Hope you guys like the new phone, I know I do!!!

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Funny thread. I think we must wait till 13rd.
Well, I can't really say if I'm excited or not because I have the nokia lumia 920 already. I'm hoping the 928 is basically the same phone if not then I might kill myself lol. I'm happy that other companies can finally experience the Lumia 920 series for themselves and give Nokia an extra boost in sales, but I still want to feel like the superior costumer because I got my lumia when it first came out lol. Hope you guys like the new phone, I know I do!!!
Lol. I bought 920 last week. I am not sorry because I didn't like 928's look so I bought 920. We only need more apps, not better hardware :D

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to lean with some others around here and say it is probably going to be May 9th rather than tomorrow. Tomorrow would make me very happy, but I think the 9th is more likely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)