Has anyone got the HTC 8x to act as a hot spot for their Xbox 360??

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Verizon and last night I tried connecting my my Xbox got hung up at the first step all night. I do have an older Xbox wireless adapter but that shouldn't matter. It finds my phones hot spot just fine.

topper75

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my VZ Hotspot to connect to xbox live and play (laggy - but I dont think when I did I was on 4g LTE). You may want to look up troubleshooting for other devices using VZ connecting to xbox live.

Can you connect just fine to pc's using your phone with the same PW?

I'll try with my HTC8x phone today and report back.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My ultimate goal is to connect via my phones hot spot and be able to watch MLB TV. I'm thinking that it won't block out my local games because the ip won't be set to my hometown. I don't know for sure but when I run speed test from my phone it shows random locations so I'm hoping mlb won't know where I am. Stupid local black outs.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How did you enable internet sharing on your 8x ? I have a unlimited plan and would love to use this time to time for my tablet..

rjlmnr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not on my 8X...but I experienced the same issue when using my Galaxy Nexus and hotspot on Verizon for what its worth. Not sure why all other devices connect without issues except the Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb