Micro SD card compatibility for Nokia Lumia 720

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am planning to get a microSD card for Nokia Lumia 72. I am interested with Samsung micro SD card 32GB, UHS-I class 10.
From what I read it looks like a fast sd card. Just wondering is this compatible with Nokia Lumia 720?
Or if any of you any suggestion which brand / type / class should I get for Lumia 720.
Thank you:excited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have a 32 Gig Samsung Class 10 Micro SDHC card am using with my Xperia T currently, will be getting the Lumia today evening and will be using the same card.
I don't see any reason for any incompatibility, will update this thread once I get it ;)

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Buy the extreme version.
I don't have any kind of lag or delays as some people claimed before.
Extreme version have higher write/read speeds.
Worth what u'll pay extra.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate.
Is there any lag or slow when you read the files (e.g photos, songs) from micro sd card?

No lags no slowness of any kind, remember mine is a Class 10 which makes a huge difference compared to lower classes.
Also opt for branded cards, avoid buying from ebay as there are lot of flaky ones out there.
Doesn't matter what brand you buy, has to be class 10 (higher read/write speed)

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 card...and the lag when browsing Xbox Music (especially clicking on an Artist or Album) is noticeable....as in 2 or 3 seconds after clicking. I've also tested a 64GB Kingston Class 10, and a 2GB Toshiba Class 4.

Is this the same for everyone, or are there better cards that take care of this? The lag is ridiculous.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
There two types of class 10..SDHC and SDXC(extreme) the later has faster read/write speed. I have a 32G SDHC Class 10 from Patriot, I am also encountering a delay. When I go to songs/song list and click on a specific song there is a delay of 2 seconds before screen move to now playing screen.
Is this the same for everyone, or are there better cards that take care of this? The lag is ridiculous.

Maximus

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-1 class 10 card, from my experience it's quite slow while browsing its contents from pc, either from Windows Explorer or from Windows Phone App in Windows 8. The app also lists duplicate files while actually there's only one file of each kind. The number of duplicates increased after I removed (both savely and while the phone is off) and reinserted the micro SD card. It also happens to my phone's Photos hub, it's now very messy.

Meanwhile, when I inserted the card to my laptop's reader, it reads and writes really faster, 30MB/s read 10MB/s write just like what they stated. So I assume it's the Lumia 720's card reader that is not fast enough. Ultra is great enough for general use, no need to go extreme.

btw, according to microSD Cards from SanDisk for Business and Consumer SDXC has the same speed, I think XC stands for Xtreme Capacity.

There two types of class 10..SDHC and SDXC(extreme) the later has faster read/write speed. I have a 32G SDHC Class 10 from Patriot, I am also encountering a delay. When I go to songs/song list and click on a specific song there is a delay of 2 seconds before screen move to now playing screen.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC UHS-1 class 10 card, from my experience it's quite slow while browsing its contents from pc, either from Windows Explorer or from Windows Phone App in Windows 8. The app also lists duplicate files while actually there's only one file of each kind. The number of duplicates increased after I removed (both savely and while the phone is off) and reinserted the micro SD card. It also happens to my phone's Photos hub, it's now very messy.

Meanwhile, when I inserted the card to my laptop's reader, it reads and writes really faster, 30MB/s read 10MB/s write just like what they stated. So I assume it's the Lumia 720's card reader that is not fast enough. Ultra is great enough for general use, no need to go extreme.

I can't comment on the speed issues, but the duplicate song and photo listings are well known WP8 issues and have nothing to do with the brand or class of the SD card. Search the forums for 'duplicate song' or 'duplicate photo' and you'll find a few threads discussing the issue.

Jayson Ragasa

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The title should be about the Micro SD brand recommendation and not "compatibility" because any Micro SD card brand should work even the cheap one from china that you can buy for only $5 or less because I used such media for a couple of months and I don't get any lags or so.

Right now I am using SanDisk microSDHC Class 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)